Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton skipper admits difficulties with constant managerial changes

“It is difficult [the constant change in managers] because when one goes you’re thinking ‘here we go again.’ People can have the hump about it, but what can you do?"

Full story: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/13929127.Charlton_skipper_admits_difficulties_with_constant_managerial_changes/

Comments

• What can you do? Just play with a smile on your face and it'll work out.
  • Hardly surprising.
  • “In the long run, we’ll be alright as we have every player who is willing to die for the cause.”

Shit, I think Johnnie's been on the funny fags now!
    Just forced myself to watch the 1'57secs of 'highlights' for the first and only time, and that could not be further from the truth.
    Woeful comment. :unamused:
  • edited November 2015
    You know when footballers say "he'll be disappointed with that" they actually mean "that was terrible" but are too polite/guarded to say so.
  • spot on 'you're better than that' is a term often used but the reality is that we aren't - we don't have a playmaker or a goalscorer in the club so unless we buy, the rest can work as hard as they like, we won't pick up points
  • Only just read the article after my previous reply
    Is jj being brainwashed by Rd
    Come on jj 'WILLING TO DIE FOR THE CAUSE'
    not what I've seen anyway
    Most are just mercenarys shipped in by Rd most probably never heard of Charlton before arriving in England
    Let's get rid of this Belgium bulls shit before its to late as now even jj is talking utter shite
  • edited November 2015

Most are just mercenarys shipped in by Rd most probably never heard of Charlton before arriving in England
    Let's get rid of this Belgium bulls shit before its to late as now even jj is talking utter shite

Yep, that's what I just said. Funny fags.
  • Sponsored links:

I'd be surprised if any international players have heard of Charlton before arriving in England.
  • DOUCHER said:

spot on 'you're better than that' is a term often used but the reality is that we aren't - we don't have a playmaker or a goalscorer in the club so unless we buy, the rest can work as hard as they like, we won't pick up points

Did we have a playmaker or goalscorer in our last three Championship seasons?
  • I think the players battle cry is:

'All for one
    And one for one'.
  • There goes JJ's coaching / new contract.
  • Really feel for jj deserves to be on the pitch playing with 10 others who also show pride and passion and knows what it means to wear the Charlton shirt but alas has this bunch of mercenarys as team mates
    Really feel for him having to put on a brave face for media

If we had 10 other JJs we would be rock bottom with nil points. He is the new Chris Powell loved but no longer good enough at this level. Playing him from the start shows how low we have sunk and what a poor squad we have
    Thanks Colin.
  • Really feel for jj deserves to be on the pitch playing with 10 others who also show pride and passion and knows what it means to wear the Charlton shirt but alas has this bunch of mercenarys as team mates

If we had 10 other JJs we would be rock bottom with nil points. He is the new Chris Powell loved but no longer good enough at this level. Playing him from the start shows how low we have sunk and what a poor squad we have
    Chris Powell was a much better player than Jackson.

I will never criticise JJ. He is a true character and leader and if every player had his spirit and courage, we would not be in this current predicament . Yes, he has limitations as a player, mainly down to his age, but we need him on the pitch currently
  • Sponsored links:

• JJ in an impossible position here. He simply can't say what he really thinks (assuming that he doesnt really think what he has said). That said, he should be a little careful. If we have players willing to die for the cause (metaphorically speaking) then I'm blinder than I thought i was. Best not to rely on the old cliches JJ me old son. Silence can speak louder than a hundred words at times.
  • "Everyone’s thinking the same thing. The manager is. We haven’t got long but we will be working hard while we can. Videos, meetings, looking at the opposition, working on their strengths and weaknesses and how we can exploit it and that’s what we’ve got to do in the next couple of days.

This and the hard, intense training are the two things that Luzon did not get. A large slice of this mess I lay at his door. The players are clearly not fit enough (not injuries, although could well be the cause), I mean core fitness. On top Luzon spent no time/effort on the opposition, just on our own players. Dismal coaching and hopefully easy things to change for the new guy.
  • "Everyone’s thinking the same thing. The manager is. We haven’t got long but we will be working hard while we can. Videos, meetings, looking at the opposition, working on their strengths and weaknesses and how we can exploit it and that’s what we’ve got to do in the next couple of days.

This and the hard, intense training are the two things that Luzon did not get. A large slice of this mess I lay at his door. The players are clearly not fit enough (not injuries, although could well be the cause), I mean core fitness. On top Luzon spent no time/effort on the opposition, just on our own players. Dismal coaching and hopefully easy things to change for the new guy.

I believe Luzon had some good qualities but,
    as you say, it was clear he devoted almost no time to the opposition. Infuriating.
    This certainly cost us plenty of points as opposition teams went about their business completely unhindered tactically.
    I once had a short chat with Graham Stuart in a local bar and I asked him what Curbs strengths were. His reply was that Curbs always did his homework thoroughly on the Oppo and consequently everyone knew their job. Currently we are the complete opposite of this.
  • Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

spot on 'you're better than that' is a term often used but the reality is that we aren't - we don't have a playmaker or a goalscorer in the club so unless we buy, the rest can work as hard as they like, we won't pick up points

Did we have a playmaker or goalscorer in our last three Championship seasons?
    we started last season with buyens/ bulot and vetokole - year/s before we had kermorgant and stephens / Jackson
  • seth plum said:

Jacko: Katrien, we are in a bind, but how can it help the players with the supporters on our backs?
    Katrien: Don't worry Jacko, we're getting rid of the supporters.

This should be a Joke ?
    But when Katrien went outside our normal demographic to West London to
    recruit people to the Valley, you knew she had no idea about the Bond between supporters and their team and just wanted people to come as neutrals who would be fans for 90 minutes ? Bizarre.

The RD and KM combo has achieved one thing ?

95% of CL Members agree that Roland's way is flawed in the championship.

Now that must be a record !

I used to love watching him interact with the likes of Yann, BWP, Solly, Morrison and Hughesy. Wonder who his team MATES are now.
  • Personally I see no evidence of "Players willing to die for the shirt" quite the opposite, their capitulation in the last three matches has been embarrassing especially against Brentford absolutely no fight, no organization, no energy and no commitment. I really like JJ but to trot out this trite nonsense does him not credit.
  • “In the long run, we’ll be alright as we have every player who is willing to die for the cause.”

Shit, I think Johnnie's been on the funny fags now!

Just forced myself to watch the 1'57secs of 'highlights' for the first and only time, and that could not be further from the truth.
    Woeful comment. :unamused:

What do you want the skipper to say?
    "We're fucked and destined for League 1!"?

I don't think anyone wants the skipper to say that. We want him to be positive.
  • See your point AddickFC81 but honestly do you see any evidence of this? What I see is a core of committed players the rest are wage packet mercenaries. I think it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it!

By the way I don't really blame JJ he is CAFC.