Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My father's Charlton Life

13»

Comments

• Options
    A moving tribute, Richard, and so sad to hear of your loss.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing this, really enjoyed reading it. I've enjoyed similar times with my dad and I look forward to doing the same with my kids.
  • Options
    THIS is why I love my club. The history, the reasons, the memories will never die.

RIP Mr Justham.
  • Options
    RIP Bernard.

A fine tribute Richard.
  • Options
    Very nice story. Reminded me of my addick dad.
  • Options
    great tribute.

RIP
  • Options
    Richard, I have only just caught up with this thread, I had the pleasure of meeting your Dad, when I started working at my Dad's business Winston Sports, and your Dad was our contact at Foots Cray Lions, I know he had a burning passion for Charlton and Foots Cray Lions, as we would chat all things Charlton when he came in.Bernard you were a true gentleman, May you rest in peace, from Steve and all at Winston Sports.
  • Options
    Sheffield Red, really appreciate your words. By co-incidence I wrote a song Losing You after he died, which was recorded and played on Sheffield local radio by a friend of a friend about 15 years ago. I have carried him with me always.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the comments .

All of your comments make me feel connected with this wonderful community.

His funeral service is on Wednesday at the Emmanuel Church, Hadlow Rd, Sidcup at 2pm and then on to Falconwood Crematorium and finally to Foots Cray Social Club for the Wake.