Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Calling all Charlton Fans for Tuesday night at Park View Road

Any of you that are a loose end and have been down to cheer on Welling before would be welcome tonight as the Wings play Grays at PVR in the FA Cup.

The team could do with the support. IF we win tonight we will face a side at least two leagues below us again the the first round of the FA Cup. There is a glimmer of an FA Cup run on the horizon like the ones we used to have back in the day, a few extra voices of support could be a great boost tonight.

We are always massively grateful for our Charlton ties, the friendly and the support we get for big games from Addicks.

Cup nights under the lights are usually a good atmosphere, hope to see a few of you there tonight.

Comments

• Any sort of a discount to Charlton season ticket holders?
    That would get a few through!
  • I'll be there.
  • Any sort of a discount to Charlton season ticket holders?
    That would get a few through!

Carly, they cannot do that as Grays get a share of the gate and the prices were agreed before Sunday's draw at Grays.

The good thing is under 12's are a quid so people can bring the kids as its school holidays.

I know a lot of Addicks fans are upset at the moment and i can tell you every single one that comes to Welling tonight will be gratefully received by all at the club.

It could be a massive night.

#COYW #COYA
  • I will be there not just for this game but a few more in future.
  • dickplumb said:

I will be there not just for this game but a few more in future.

You and me both Dick.

Where I first watched football in around 1960, Bexleyheath and Welling then, before I ever went to the Valley. My hero was Stan Howe the goalkeeper.

Proper football club, things have come a full circle for me.

• Welling are doing a special this year that brings the tickets down to £12.50 which when you consider at £15 they are already one of the cheapest in the league... is great value.

http://www.wellingunited.com/wp/wings-six-picks/

Its great that some of you are coming tonight. If any of you are after the six picks pop in the shop and ask there, its only for league games though.
  • Coaches from the Medway towns next....

Fair play to you BTW....you'll get a few takers no doubt.
  • not saying your doing this at all... but I remember when we were in a piss poor position a couple of years back and a lower league club started posting on here trying to get our fans down to their ground and a few on here were having a right go at him for trying to steal our fans. does anyone remember this?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we need the support tonight rather than try and get 10,000 Addicks to support us. To be fair we have never tried to steal any fans, i even remember Charlton handing out come to the valley for a fiver flyers at a Welling league match 3 or 4 years ago, none of our lot moaned.

This is more a call to arms for tonight to get us over the line, the six picks thing was to the couple of fans who said they will be coming to a few games, thought it would save them money.

This is a a bit like rent a crowd for an important match haha, it could send us on a cup run worth a few quid which would help us. We might even get you in the 3rd round.

When i do come on here its usually to try and boost the gate for a big game not a campaign to get Addicks to jump ship.

No offence intended, good luck.

mate none taken here, I go to the fleet every few weeks. i just wondered if anybody remembered that argument? it was before the argument thread started so I cant refer to that. it was as innocent as your proposal but they seem to be threatened by it. it was quite funny at the time but anyway, good luck for tonight. I hope you do well especially as half my family have lived or do live in welling.
  • not saying your doing this at all... but I remember when we were in a piss poor position a couple of years back and a lower league club started posting on here trying to get our fans down to their ground and a few on here were having a right go at him for trying to steal our fans. does anyone remember this?

Yes it was Steve Sutherland asking if anyone fancied going to Ebbsfleet. I think a fair few were very offended but remember NLA being particularly upset.

Good luck to night wellingfan.
  • Curb_It said:

not saying your doing this at all... but I remember when we were in a piss poor position a couple of years back and a lower league club started posting on here trying to get our fans down to their ground and a few on here were having a right go at him for trying to steal our fans. does anyone remember this?

Yes it was Steve Sutherland asking if anyone fancied going to Ebbsfleet. I think a fair few were very offended but remember NLA being particularly upset.

Good luck to night wellingfan.
    ah yeah. that's probably why I was even more bemused by it as I had been able to go to fleet for a few years before that and still be a Charlton fan.
  • Can't make it, but good luck.
  • Going with my son
  • Might pop down.
  • Slippery slope.
  • Will be there with both sons
  • edited October 2015
    only thing that put me off welling was the 15 quid for our friendly thought it was a bit pricey tbh when they knew they would have a bumper crowd 10 quid would of been sufficient and if there was enough drinks they could of made a lot more money, never the less I hope they do well tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be there. Come on you Wings!
  • I think we need the support tonight rather than try and get 10,000 Addicks to support us. To be fair we have never tried to steal any fans, i even remember Charlton handing out come to the valley for a fiver flyers at a Welling league match 3 or 4 years ago, none of our lot moaned.

This is more a call to arms for tonight to get us over the line, the six picks thing was to the couple of fans who said they will be coming to a few games, thought it would save them money.

This is a a bit like rent a crowd for an important match haha, it could send us on a cup run worth a few quid which would help us. We might even get you in the 3rd round.

When i do come on here its usually to try and boost the gate for a big game not a campaign to get Addicks to jump ship.

No offence intended, good luck.

If some of the Charlton fans are moaning about your post then they have not anything else in their lives to moan about, it's pathetic really....

Good luck tonight. I watched the draw and thought you have a chance to get to the 2nd round.
  • Welling 1 0 up at half time. They look the better team but are making hard work of it.
  • Grays just had a penalty saved seconds after Welling had a 1 on 1.
  • 2 0 Welling
  • Good stuff they should be through now
  • 4 0, although daughter's falling asleep now so on my way home.
  • Barwell beating Rushden & Diamonds 1-0 so will be their opponents in the next round (Same level as Grays)
  • Well done Wings