Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and if Hamilton does win the title this season, he owes Bottas a crate of schnapps. He’s been a brilliant team player, and has been unlucky not to have more points and be in the title fight himself.
  • Options
    Hamilton may well be a great driver but I just cannot warm to him.
    I have no idea why but I just feel that if I ever met him I would not like the man.
  • Options

I have no idea why but I just feel that if I ever met him I would not like the man.

Completely agree, I couldn’t even give you an example of something he’s done to annoy me I just don’t like him.

• Options

Completely agree, I couldn’t even give you an example of something he’s done to annoy me I just don’t like him.

That says more about you than it does about him.
    Why ?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I probably wouldn’t be in a rush to go for a beer with him, but I can say that about a lot of top sports people.

He still absolutely brilliant at his day job and that is what I want to watch him doing, so for me whether he seems like good company or not is not really that relevant.
  • Options

I probably wouldn’t be in a rush to go for a beer with him, but I can say that about a lot of top sports people.

He still absolutely brilliant at his day job and that is what I want to watch him doing, so for me whether he seems like good company or not is not really that relevant.

Fair enough I can't argue with that.
  • Options
    British sports fans are well known for being riddled with iconoclasts.
    Pathetic....absolutely unfathomable.
  • Options
    We hate winners in our country in many instances - we don’t have a tonne of them at the level of Hamilton and Murray and the dedication and attitude to winning that you need at the top of sport is viewed via a touch of jealousy (dare I say) as arrogance.

I actually think Hamilton comes across far more articulately and intelligent than most of the England football team for example
  • Options

We hate winners in our country in many instances - we don’t have a tonne of them at the level of Hamilton and Murray and the dedication and attitude to winning that you need at the top of sport is viewed via a touch of jealousy (dare I say) as arrogance.

I actually think Hamilton comes across far more articulately and intelligent than most of the England football team for example

My favourite boxer is Lennox Lewis.

My favourite snooker player is Steve Davis.

My favourite Darts player is Eric Bristow.

I love a winner I just don't like Lewis Hamilton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s you off my Christmas Card list,
  • Options

That’s you off my Christmas Card list,

Even though I think you have a beautiful dog.
    Love a bull terrier me.
  • Options
    He’s an absolute cracker.....gentle as a lamb and so laid back.
    Loves everyone and everything.....only ever seen him turn nasty once when another dog tried to mount him....frightened the life outa me I can tell you, thought he was going to commit murder.....managed to get my hand under his collar and pull them apart......believe it or not the fucking stupid mongrel came back 5 minutes later and tried again.....same result. Took Zuben an hour or two to settle down.
    Yes, they can be a beast when bad owners get hold of them but with love and kindness you are onto a massive winner.
  • Options

Loves everyone and everything.....only ever seen him turn nasty once when another dog tried to mount him....frightened the life outa me I can tell you, thought he was going to commit murder.....managed to get my hand under his collar and pull them apart......believe it or not the fucking stupid mongrel came back 5 minutes later and tried again.....same result. Took Zuben an hour or two to settle down.
    Yes, they can be a beast when bad owners get hold of them but with love and kindness you are onto a massive winner.

I'm a Staffordshire bull terrier owner myself but I echo your sentiments.
    With the wrong owners they can be tought to be bad.
    But with responsible owners they are fantastic dog's.
  • Options

Thought you were talking about Hamilton for a second
  • Options
    My fault.
    I took the conversation away from Hamilton and started talking about dogs.
    Mind you I know what I prefer.
  • Options
    Really hope he takes the title this year just to shut up all those that give it "he only wins because he has the best car".
  • Options
    Someone posted on here before that the reason he has the best car is because he is the best driver much the same as the reason Messi has the best teammates at Barca is because he is a great player.
    You get the car/team to match your talents.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Someone posted on here before that the reason he has the best car is because he is the best driver much the same as the reason Messi has the best teammates at Barca is because he is a great player.
    You get the car/team to match your talents.

He doesn't have the best car.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's had the best car until the last 4 races, as the German GP was the first time the Ferraris looked faster and that's when everyone started going on about the improved Ferrari package. Since then Vettel has binned it in Germany whilst leading, then poor pit management and a rain affected qualifying helped Hamilton in Hungary, Vettel was back on top in Belgium and now after the collision at the Italian GP Hamilton won with Vettel finishing fourth.

So yes, Vettel probably now has the faster outright car, though it is incredibly marginal compared to the Mercedes dominantion of the past 4 seasons, and yet this is now used as some weird way of heralding Hamilton as an untouchable driving God, how he is winning races despite driving a three wheeled Vauxhall Nova of a car, which is laughable and untrue.

He is one of the best drivers in the world, but as a person as he portrays himself in media duties and as an online persona, he is thoroughly unlikeable
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

He's had the best car until the last 4 races, as the German GP was the first time the Ferraris looked faster and that's when everyone started going on about the improved Ferrari package. Since then Vettel has binned it in Germany whilst leading, then poor pit management and a rain affected qualifying helped Hamilton in Hungary, Vettel was back on top in Belgium and now after the collision at the Italian GP Hamilton won with Vettel finishing fourth.

So yes, Vettel probably now has the faster outright car, though it is incredibly marginal compared to the Mercedes dominantion of the past 4 seasons, and yet this is now used as some weird way of heralding Hamilton as an untouchable driving God, how he is winning races despite driving a three wheeled Vauxhall Nova of a car, which is laughable and untrue.

He is one of the best drivers in the world, but as a person as he portrays himself in media duties and as an online persona, he is thoroughly unlikeable

There is no way in a million years that he has had the best car up to now.

I would argue in Australia the Merc was the stronger when they nailed the set up and Vettel got fortunate with a safety car - but across Bahrain, China and Azerbaijan (when Vettel has another brain fade) Ferrari were clear.

Spain Merc.

Monaco and Canada they were much stronger as they are so much better on the hyper soft tyre than the Merc that just chews them up with their flat rake.

France, Austria and Britain can go to Merc but after that clear Ferrari again.

So I make that 9-5 Ferrari quite clearly.

Vettel should be leading the Championship and if Hamilton were in the Ferrari (especially against a past his sell by date Kimi) he would be long gone.

We are forgetting Hamilton has had a reliability dnf in a race as well in Austria. Which is making Vettel look closer than he should.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Think he’s superb in every way and a credit to our nation and the sport of motor racing.
    That's all very well but what kind of dog does he own
  • Options
    lolwray said:

sam3110 said:

Think he’s superb in every way and a credit to our nation and the sport of motor racing.
    Bulldogs
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Good point about the DNF - and whilst there are still 7 races to go - Vettel can't afford one of those now! If Hamilton wins a race and Vettel does not finish, Hamilton can win the championship finishing second and sometimes third to Vettel in the other six races. Of course a Vettel win and a Hamilton DNF would be a disaster for Mercedes. Basically, Ferrari and Vettel have little room for any more errors!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

lolwray said:

sam3110 said:

Bulldogs
    "Language Timothy..."
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

I wonder how many errors Vettel has forced Hamilton into as opposed to the other way round? Whilst you don't get to be a quadruple world champion without a huge amount of skill I think Hamilton has repeatedly shown Vettel up when the pressure is on, whether that be racing against each other, handling the car in the wet or coming back from a poor qualifying session to do well in the race. I maintain that Hamilton thoroughly deserves to be ranked up there with the greatest ever racing drivers and I don't give a flying...lap about whether I'd want to have a beer with him.

Pretty much spot on.

Hamilton is most definitely the best of his generation and up there with the greatest of all time drivers. In my lifetime I would put only Senna above him for pure driving skills - and that would be a close call.

What he is like as a person is irrelevant, although I don't particularly dislike him.