Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    In all honesty they should be pushing for the full 26 team contingent:

Porsche as a standalone team

Andretti Cadillac

Calvin Lo's new team

Which is:

One new manufacturer

One new team with an extensive racing history

One new rich person's plaything/venture

• Options
    James Vowles has been announced as the new Williams TP

Could be a good move from the team, signed from Mercedes where he was Chief of Strategy
  • Options
    Season 5 drive to survive is due out the end of Feb :) 
  • Options
    James Vowles has been announced as the new Williams TP

Could be a good move from the team, signed from Mercedes where he was Chief of Strategy

I wonder if he's basically being loaned to Williams for a couple of years like George was and then he'll be Toto's successor when he eventually decides he'd rather manage his son's career. 
  • Options
    Any news re technical/performance improvements by Mercedes or is it too early for that?
  • Options
    Season 5 drive to survive is due out the end of Feb :) 
    Based on last years racing, or lack of it they are they are going to have to fluff it up to make it interesting.  
  • Options
    No l-one will know until pre season testing. I do hope we can get a 3 way fight this year, hopefully with Red Bull finishing third 
  • Options
    Any news re technical/performance improvements by Mercedes or is it too early for that?
    Dont think we'll know anything about anyone until Pre-Season Testing which is 23-25 February

Cars will be launched as per the below, but even the concept might change between launch and testing - As we saw last year with Mercedes and their eventual "No Side Pod" approach

• Options
    A few interesting rumours doing the rounds regarding a potential Porsche/Williams tie up. Obviously this would mainly be with an eye for 2026 like Audi with Sauber 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haas are first up with their new Livery launch today @ 2pm
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Minardi Livery - Quite fitting as you'll expect to see Haas towards the back most races.

• Options
    Not enough red on the side profile for me, the line under Haas could do with being red and white.

Reckon we'll see a lot of liveries that have an abundance of black/dark grey this season so teams can run in bare carbon as much as possible 
  • Options
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ford-confirms-formula-1-return-for-2026/10427644/

Ford are back in F1 for 2026 - assumedly with Red Bull 
  • Options
    So by 2026 we could have:

Ferrari
    Mercedes
    Ford
    Audi
    Alpine (Renault)

Porsche still looking for a possible way in
    Cadillac with Andretti
    Still the possibility of Honda too

Obviously Aston Martin and McLaren as names and marquees without actually making engines

I find it mental that F1 doesn't want any more teams, and are also happy to have Red Bull own a fifth of the grid
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So by 2026 we could have:

Ferrari
    Mercedes
    Ford
    Audi
    Alpine (Renault)

Porsche still looking for a possible way in
    Cadillac with Andretti
    Still the possibility of Honda too

Obviously Aston Martin and McLaren as names and marquees without actually making engines

I find it mental that F1 doesn't want any more teams, and are also happy to have Red Bull own a fifth of the grid

It's going to be very interesting - I expect Porsche to find a way onto the grid , maybe through a deal with Williams? 

Hopefully Andretti get through the tender process and the FIA/FOM don't find another spanner to throw in the works , despite them bringing major backing from GM. 
  • Options
    Red Bull... Dont fix what aint broke I guess

• Options
    Shame, I was hoping for a refresh after the white car they posted a few days ago 

Probably won't change much until 2026 now, where I hope the famous royal blue of Ford is used more than the midnight matte they use now, maybe with a couple of racing stripes down the nose!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Shame, I was hoping for a refresh after the white car they posted a few days ago 

Probably won't change much until 2026 now, where I hope the famous royal blue of Ford is used more than the midnight matte they use now, maybe with a couple of racing stripes down the nose!
    They said at the launch the car will be very different when the season starts, ie the mirrors are last years size and will not be allowed this year, its mainly for promoting the Ford link up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    F1 Teams are going all out with their designs this year arent they!!

Gone are the days of getting something different

• Options
    I was really hoping for more of the gulf light blue and orange, which would pair so well with the navy, but instead we get a copy of last year's car (no doubt that most of the blue will be replaced with carbon fibre again too)
  • Options
    Williams livery has been dull for years. As a back marker they should mix things up a bit! 
  • Options
    Thank god... We have something slightly different next season with Alfa Romeo

• Options

is that a castore badge on the new car?

makes us all redbull, and as such MV, fans by default imo
  • Options

is that a castore badge on the new car?

makes us all redbull, and as such MV, fans by default imo
    Thank f**k they also Sponsor Mclaren then ;)
  • Options
    That's what I expected a lot of cars to look like this season, lots of bare carbon to keep weight down to a minimum. 

How long until a team finds a way to colour the carbon enough to technically run with no paint at all, just stickers?
  • Options
    Thank god... We have something slightly different next season with Alfa Romeo

That Alfa looks very nice.
  • Options
    Alfa looks nice with the black