Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

From apathy to anger. Think I'll steer well clear of Charlton until this shambles is sorted.

2»

Comments

• It is just so horrible at the moment. I was arguing with Banstead Jr who wanted to leave 30mins early, same as on Tues. It is just not fun at all right now and there is no future. Go down and we will drop and keep dropping. And less and less will care, just like with Pompey going to League 2. Like most Charlton fans tonight I am really down. In football as they say it is the hope that kills you....what hope do we have?

Lots pf hope mate! You are alive and kicking! Never be down fella as we all feel the same mate!
  • edited October 2015

Was today's performance better, worse or about the same as Tuesday night?

Strangely and indeed worryingly, I thought we were significantly better today, if only in the first half.
    Yet we still managed to lose three-nil.

• We aint Pompey yet and yes I feel feel for them! Get real and Man up!!!
  • And Pompey still take thousands everywhere. Proper club, proper support.

Agreed
  • I'm in Turkey and my 14 year old son went today and on Tuesday, we aint for turning.
  • I'm there when we win, I'm there when we lose. No corrupt lying Belgians are going to stop me supporting the football club I love. We will get through this, don't know when, but we will.

What's the corruption you mention ? @Brendan_O_Connell
  • It was a bit better than Tuesday I felt but still the confidence factor. If one of those go in for us early on, it's possibly a different game. It ives the crowd a a big lift as well as the team. When your confidence is out your confidence is well and truely out.
  • It was a bit better than Tuesday I felt but still the confidence factor. If one of those go in for us early on, it's possibly a different game. It ives the crowd a a big lift as well as the team. When your confidence is out your confidence is well and truely out.

Thought I was in post match views sorry
  • edited October 2015
    The truth is that I've got more time pressures on my Saturdays than I used to. I wish Charlton would give me more reasons to show up and cheer them on. It's been a long time since I've walked away from a game in a positive mood. The worst thing is that I'm not even angry anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a load of bollocks, jumping ship when things get smelly, great supporters.

There's being supporters and there's having the piss taken out of you simply because of your loyalty. This lot don't care as long as they have our money. Time to take it away from them
    I've been a Charlton fan since 85 and I'm now 40 years old, yes the owner is a fool and yes I don't think he cares about the loyal supporters ! Since the birth of my new son Callum I haven't been able to get down to the valley but if I was able to I wouldn't stop just because the club is being run very badly because at the end of the day it may cause the owner to go but could also end Charlton Athletic football club which would be unthinkable! Wouldn't it??
  • Time to find out how Charlton you are. Me? I will go no matter what.
  • I'm obviously not very Charlton then. Supporter since 1982, but gave up my season ticket in the summer, hoping to still get to about ten homes and five a ways. Have made it to two homes and no plans to go again any time soon. I'll go to my local, League 2 club, who are shit, but owned by a local businessman who has a strong connection with the fans. Not wasting any more time or money on this freskshow.
  • Well I'm not going v Sheffield Wednesday ...but only because I'm away that weekend freezing my nuts off in Great Yarmouth.
  • Had similar arguments about England many times. I'm supporting the shirt. See you at Boro.
  • Swerve said:

Had similar arguments about England many times. I'm supporting the shirt. See you at Boro.

Great! That'll help.
  • I'll still go whenever a match suits, but going out of my way is unlikely. Not a glory hunter and never will be. The feel good factor that Powell brought was more than about winning every week. It was about feeling part of something. Passion means more than points. I'd love for Jacko or someone of his class to be in charge, just because he feels whatever we feel. Losing to Wednesday will still hurt the same as it ever did!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ooh ah, there were three mascots yesterday but there were over 10 at the Fulham game a few weeks ago so I wouldn't look too deep into that one.

As we left yesterday, I volunteered to my eight year old son that we take a sabbatical for a few weeks and watch a lesser team doing well just to get away from the cauldron of poison that is the Valley. I've only done that once since 1986 at the end of Powell's first season in charge but I am struggling at the moment. If we do see it through, we'll be back soon enough though particularly as my son suggested Orient as his team of choice....
  • edited October 2015
    if Stephen Fry or whatever his handle is is appointed manager, I would love to boycott the away games I have inked in at MK, Brum and Bristol (perhaps Boro as well) .. trouble is I have booked hotels for the trips and I'm loath to waste that money ((:<)
  • Riviera said:

See you later then, I'll still go.

Not looking to start a row Steve, I've met you once and you're a nice fella and I know you love the club, but I seem to remember you refusing to go while Parkinson was in his last few weeks. The latter part of his tenure really wound you up, and even if you did still attended matches, you did(I'm 99% certain ) say on here that you would refuse to go whilst he was still manager.
    Maybe he wound you up more than the current set up does but you have to let people make their own stance.
    Something has to be done at Charlton and something drastic. Flying the "I've been going for XX years and will support them till I die" will not achieve anything apart from keeping this current ownership managing the club how they want.
    I'm not going to do anything because if I'm honest I don't really care that much, but I will support those who do want some direct action.
    It's time for the likes of Richard Hunt and Rick Everitt etc to dust off their armour and uniforms and fight the good fight like they have done in the past. Forget West Ham, forget constructive dismissals lads and whip up a frenzy that drives this bunch of fools out of SE7.
    Genuine question - why is it down to other people? If you feel this strongly, make sure you're involved as well. Contributing to the Trust AGM would be a start.
  • edited October 2015
    I'm actually more worried about the apathy. After Powell was fired (some) people were angry. When Luzon was appointed lots of people were angry.

Now lots of people are talking about just not going anymore. And not silly knee jerkers, proper long term fans. The results on the pitch will sometimes be good, sometimes bad, but the long term damage that's being done to our supporter base is absolutely unforgivable.
  • edited October 2015
    rikofold said:

Riviera said:

Not looking to start a row Steve, I've met you once and you're a nice fella and I know you love the club, but I seem to remember you refusing to go while Parkinson was in his last few weeks. The latter part of his tenure really wound you up, and even if you did still attended matches, you did(I'm 99% certain ) say on here that you would refuse to go whilst he was still manager.
    Maybe he wound you up more than the current set up does but you have to let people make their own stance.
    Something has to be done at Charlton and something drastic. Flying the "I've been going for XX years and will support them till I die" will not achieve anything apart from keeping this current ownership managing the club how they want.
    I'm not going to do anything because if I'm honest I don't really care that much, but I will support those who do want some direct action.
    It's time for the likes of Richard Hunt and Rick Everitt etc to dust off their armour and uniforms and fight the good fight like they have done in the past. Forget West Ham, forget constructive dismissals lads and whip up a frenzy that drives this bunch of fools out of SE7.
    Genuine question - why is it down to other people? If you feel this strongly, make sure you're involved as well. Contributing to the Trust AGM would be a start.
    I am an outsider, I am an observer giving an objective view. I am not a genuine CAFC fan, I've been to 100's of games and want them to do well but deep down I am not affected by the ups and downs of Charlton. The people I mentioned have history of direct action and a proven track record, others can join them, but not me.
    - Genuine answer.
  • I'm there when we win, I'm there when we lose. No corrupt lying Belgians are going to stop me supporting the football club I love. We will get through this, don't know when, but we will.

I turned 25 on Friday but these are my thoughts exactly. I'll still go and I'll be happy to help with any demonstrations against that little Belgian tit. I think giving up is the wrong thing to do and not what being a football fan is about.

I understand the frustration, I really do. But this is our club, not theirs. It's up to us to make sure what there is still some 'Charlton' about the club for the future.
  • Uboat said:

I'm obviously not very Charlton then. Supporter since 1982, but gave up my season ticket in the summer, hoping to still get to about ten homes and five a ways. Have made it to two homes and no plans to go again any time soon. I'll go to my local, League 2 club, who are shit, but owned by a local businessman who has a strong connection with the fans. Not wasting any more time or money on this freskshow.

#disloyal
  • Riviera said:

rikofold said:

Riviera said:

I am an outsider, I am an observer giving an objective view. I am not a genuine CAFC fan, I've been to 100's of games and want them to do well but deep down I am not affected by the ups and downs of Charlton. The people I mentioned have history of direct action and a proven track record, others can join them, but not me.
    - Genuine answer.
    And honest, thanks.
  • if Stephen Fry or whatever his handle is is appointed manager, I would love to boycott the away games I have inked in at MK, Brum and Bristol (perhaps Boro as well) .. trouble is I have booked hotels for the trips and I'm loath to waste that money ((:<)</p>

Why would you boycott the away games? Away games guarantee you can support the team without giving your money to Roland.
  • edited October 2015
    se9addick said:

I'm actually more worried about the apathy. After Powell was fired (some) people were angry. When Luzon was appointed lots of people were angry.

Now lots of people are talking about just not going anymore. And not silly knee jerkers, proper long term fans. The results on the pitch will sometimes be good, sometimes bad, but the long term damage that's being done to our supporter base is absolutely unforgivable.