Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

From apathy to anger. Think I'll steer well clear of Charlton until this shambles is sorted.

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Our club is on life support. I commend those who are getting behind campaigns but at the current time, all of this effort and emotion is not worth the aggravation. I have better things I could be spending my time on.

I've just turned 23 so to those at the club who are apparently only interested in the new generation: I am (with few others) a big part of the future you want to build but right now, I don't want anything to do with it. The situation you've put our club in disgusts me. I can't be the only one?

Comments

• I certainly don't see much use in the Black and White thing. RD faced down rioting Liege fans. He probably won't even hear about the fancy dress party at the Valley, if he can even find it without a satnav.
  • edited October 2015

Our club is on life support. I commend those who are getting behind campaigns but at the current time, all of this effort and emotion is not worth the aggravation. I have better things I could be spending my time on.

I've just turned 23 so to those at the club who are apparently only interested in the new generation: I am (with few others) a big part of the future you want to build but right now, I don't want anything to do with it. The situation you've put our club in disgusts me. I can't be the only one?

24 here and feel the exact same. Don't really want anything to do with us at the moment. Think it's patronising and insulting to ignore the opinions of older supporters - as if we aren't "wise" enough to share the same opinions as them!
  • T.C.E said:

Callum, I'm apparently the generation they don't want. But what they forget is the generations after me (my Grandchildren) spent the afternoon with me instead of at the Valley. So its not so much as to whats going on now as will there be a future.
    Absolutely TCE. To disregard such an important demographic in the first instance is foolish.

But to then completely misfire when focusing on the younger generation just goes to show what a complete balls up this whole operation is.
  • Been going since '74. This is by far the worst set up in that time and that includes Hulyer and Fryer.
    First season in those years that I've kept away and I'm almost past caring. Very sad.

• I had planned to go today with Idle Jr (18) but after Tuesday's shambles we decided to save our time and money. Right decision.

Roland's approach seems to be if you dont like it, dont come. Ok, Roland, we won't.
  • 24 here, and I have absolutely no interest anymore. I will be honest, towards the end of the game today, I was hoping to see a fourth goal from Brentford, just so I could see some quality football. We had absolutely no hope in that last 30 minutes, the only redeeming factor today was the quality of some of the efforts, at least I saw some good football.... Unfortunately all the good football we see at the valley is from the opposition.
  • I doubt there were more than 12,000 bums on seats today regardless of official crowd figures.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a load of bollocks, jumping ship when things get smelly, great supporters.

There's being supporters and there's having the piss taken out of you simply because of your loyalty. This lot don't care as long as they have our money. Time to take it away from them
    It's true enough. It's the very reason I gave up my season ticket after nearly 20 years. I just go to a selection of away games now. I'm not lining the pockets of this regime.
  • Things at the club are inexplicable and we are in a right old mess but we've been here before and worse.

Yes something needs to change although I'm still not 100% sure exactly what.

As for staying away, well I think that's very counter productive.

Get behind the shirt if nothing else.
  • I'll always go, just gets harder and harder when it's the same shit different week. Until the Belgian lot fuck off we won't ever get anywhere , I can see us getting relegated this season cos we literally have got nothing
  • The only way things will improve is with new owners.
    The only legal way that will happen is like Selhurst with a boycott.
    Everyone should think hard about what benefit them going brings to the future of Charlton in my view.
  • See you later then, I'll still go.

Pervert!

;-)
  • I'm there!!!!! Don't get me wrong, this is hurting massively but this is my club whoever runs it. Obviously something is not right behind the scenes but we've faced far worse when we had Pawel Abbot leading the line with Akpo Sodji, this is my club and always will be!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    24 years old, was on the pitch at Carlisle but now have very little interest and no season ticket for the first time in 10 years.

Huge lack of connection with the club solely down to the owners.
  • Absolutely gutted at the moment, but its our club and we must stick with it through the good and the bad. Charlton always!
  • V depressing at present.
  • It is depressing but it will make the sweet times that more sweet. Keep the faith, keep going. Enjoy the time with your friends and family and try not to take the footy too seriously.
  • I'm supposedly a grown bloke, I shouldn't get upset about a load of underperforming footballers, but right now we are staring down the barrel into league one, can see a 5 goal whooping coming at Boro, the only consolation I can find is the fact I didn't go on Tuesday night.

Was today's performance better, worse or about the same as Tuesday night?

I was shocked with how poor we were today, surely guys job is untenable , with back to back 3 nil defeats, the players look like they've given up.
  • Love NSS but he's not the kind of person Roland and ultimately us need to be worried about. Talk of youngsters walking away is more worrying than the 30+ years ST holders jumping ship IMO.
  • Things at the club are inexplicable and we are in a right old mess but we've been here before and worse.

Yes something needs to change although I'm still not 100% sure exactly what.

As for staying away, well I think that's very counter productive.

Get behind the shirt if nothing else.

The main issue i have is that the 'mess' seems to happen every season now - it is getting very tiring.
  • It is just so horrible at the moment. I was arguing with Banstead Jr who wanted to leave 30mins early, same as on Tues. It is just not fun at all right now and there is no future. Go down and we will drop and keep dropping. And less and less will care, just like with Pompey going to League 2. Like most Charlton fans tonight I am really down. In football as they say it is the hope that kills you....what hope do we have?