Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can't wait for Saturday

2»

Comments

• HandG said:

PopIcon said:

A lot of you guys are saying it could not have got any worse. I was at Reading last Saturday and we were worse then. It was only Readings horrendous shooting that stopped it being an embarrassment.

Totally disagree with that. We went to Reading (who are in the top 4!) to contain and keep it tight which, for 75 minutes, we did comfortably with Pope only having to deal with long shots. It wasn't pretty but it was nearly effective-Tuesday was the absolute pits.
    If Reading's shooting was as good as Preston's it could have been double figures on Saturday. Also on Saturday we could have played all day and not scored, while on Tuesday there were a couple of spells, albeit brief where we could have got a goal.
  • edited October 2015

So am I. I am off to the cinema!

What are you off to see Soaps, I could be tempted!

There's our mass boycott sorted, every Charlton fan goes to their local cinema in protest!
    Well, i dont go often but saw The Martian last Saturday and the £1 for 3d specs was well worth it in hindsight, might take them with me when i do my annual visit to the Valley this season, after all we have tried everything else!

Had a great time so fancy the new Bond this week. Be thinking of you poor lot though.
    You know things are bad when , I went to see the suffragette movie last night to take my mind off of charlton, and I'm a bloke!

I reckon the beer barrels will run dry at the valley on Saturday!
  • edited October 2015
    PopIcon said:

HandG said:

PopIcon said:

A lot of you guys are saying it could not have got any worse. I was at Reading last Saturday and we were worse then. It was only Readings horrendous shooting that stopped it being an embarrassment.

Totally disagree with that. We went to Reading (who are in the top 4!) to contain and keep it tight which, for 75 minutes, we did comfortably with Pope only having to deal with long shots. It wasn't pretty but it was nearly effective-Tuesday was the absolute pits.
    If Reading's shooting was as good as Preston's it could have been double figures on Saturday. Also on Saturday we could have played all day and not scored, while on Tuesday there were a couple of spells, albeit brief where we could have got a goal.
    We were uttelry toothless in both games but organised at Reading. Preston was worse as the defence were all at sea and we were at home to one of the worst teams (going by the table) in the league.

Reading to me was like 90% of away games but Preston will live long in the memory.
  • Why? What's happening on Saturday ?