Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can't wait for Saturday

As they say. it's a funny old game.

Despite one of the most depressing evenings I've spent watching The Addicks, here I am 24 hours or so later, looking forward to the Brentford game.

It could be that it's a Saturday. it could be that it's having a few beers with my mates, it could be that there's no way we could play worse than we did last night.

Bottom line, is it's my club. And my sons. And my best mates. And so many of you on here.

And it's why I'm going on Saturday and looking forward to it.

And God willing, I'll be looking forward to a home game on a cold Saturday in October, long after RD has decided he can't change 100 years of history or reinvent the wheel.

Comments

• I see that Brentford won away at Wolves last night, oh well you never know.
  • The fight back starts in Saturday. Cone on Charlton, leys bash the Bees!
  • It's what we do we are Charlton fans at the end of the day, totally fed up Tuesday but Saturday is another day and as much as I dislike what is going on its a new day its my team and I will support the team and hope we can stay in the championship because I really don't fancy league 1 again
  • Will be there on Saturday - can't say I'm looking forward to it.
  • As I said to my son after 20 mins on Tuesday, " it can't get any worse"
  • edited October 2015

So am I. I am off to the cinema!

What are you off to see Soaps, I could be tempted!

There's our mass boycott sorted, every Charlton fan goes to their local cinema in protest!
  • So am I. I am off to the cinema!

There's our mass boycott sorted, every Charlton fan goes to their local cinema in protest!
    Am I allowed popcorn?

Ha Ha, believe me, it can.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    Fumbluff said:

Roland has bought that cinema though so remember;
    1. You can't buy tickets online easily
    2. There's no staff there on Thursdays
    3. There's a brand new projector, best in the land but it's not the right aspect ratio for the screen and its operated by a child
    4. The ticket booth was taken away by the former owners so now the ticket sales team operate in random positions around the foyer, if you can find one and it's not Thursday and you surrender ALL your personal details (and those of everyone you've been to the cinema with before) then you can buy a golden or silver ticket
    5. It only screens cheap foreign films that are injured, or home movies about babies
    6. Some of the seats have been recently repainted and it has the best emergency exit walkways in UK cinema history
    7. There are only 14 bits of popcorn in the jumbo meal deal bag
    8. The cinemas website won't tell you anything about the screenings but the SLP might
    9. Yann Kermogant is making movies for fun at a teeny tiny cinema down the road
    10. Oh and the sound system is proper proper knackered-it's like the owner doesn't notice through his ear trumpet

But at least you can forget about Charlton, and do something useful with your life, it's like a form of mental abuse going on in front of your eyes, poorly funded, inept performances.

I know sport has lots of variables that need to be right to work, but we don't seem to have a purpose or a sense of where we're going.

At least when I started following Charlton we had the valley to fight about, a clear sense of purpose, taking on the world,being the underdog, not always winning, but having a go, it was pretty much the same in the,prem, fighting to beat the odds against relegation, occasionally giving the big boys a bloody nose, and slowly gaining the respect of the football world.

Now everyone I see, who I haven't seen for a while, the first thing they say to me is, what the hell is going on at Chalton, followed by you should have kept hold of Powell or Curbishley, we are bleeding rudderless, I'll always support management as I know it's a thankless task , and I supported and welcomed the transfers that were,made, but it looks like someone has seen us coming right royally.

I can't see where we are,going at the moment, apart from the obvious, I just hope Guy can get his head and the players heads right for Saturday, and prove everyone wrong.

I hate booing, I know it's expressing displeasure at what your seeing, but a negative atmosphere, is like a poison that gets to the players, and drains them of confidence.

I'm not sure about going on Saturday, because if your honest, you can see the writing on the wall, and do I want to end up taking it too seriously and having a crap weekend by stewing on it.
  • Addickted said:

Despite one of the most depressing evenings I've spent watching The Addicks, here I am 24 hours or so later, looking forward to the Brentford game.

It could be that it's a Saturday. it could be that it's having a few beers with my mates, it could be that there's no way we could play worse than we did last night.

Bottom line, is it's my club. And my sons. And my best mates. And so many of you on here.

And God willing, I'll be looking forward to a home game on a cold Saturday in October, long after RD has decided he can't change 100 years of history or reinvent the wheel.

I'm with you buddy. We were here long before the current regime and we'll be here long after it has gone. COYR!!
  • Addickted said:

I admire your optimism and resolve., fair play to you. I have decided to meet up with an old friend I haven't seen for a while for a few beers in town as I just feel I need a break from the football, it just depresses me at the moment and is not how I want to feel about going to football. I'm sure I'll be back for the next game.
  • You know that if you go it will be rubbish but if you don't go it will be a brilliant game.
  • It's what we do we are Charlton fans at the end of the day, totally fed up Tuesday but Saturday is another day and as much as I dislike what is going on its a new day its my team and I will support the team and hope we can stay in the championship because I really don't fancy league 1 again

Oldham away was special though!

The Referee at Oldham away was special though!
    Fixed it for you...
  • as I don't have a season ticket anymore I don't feel like I have to go, already bought tickets for Saturday so will be in attendance, but could be last home game for a while, will still be a keen away traveller as at least your getting a day out with it.
  • So am I. I am off to the cinema!

Well, i dont go often but saw The Martian last Saturday and the £1 for 3d specs was well worth it in hindsight, might take them with me when i do my annual visit to the Valley this season, after all we have tried everything else!

Had a great time so fancy the new Bond this week. Be thinking of you poor lot though.
  • masicat said:

As I said to my son after 20 mins on Tuesday, " it can't get any worse"

Ha Ha, believe me, it can.
    Things are never so bad that they can't get worse!

• iaitch said:

You know that if you go it will be rubbish but if you don't go it will be a brilliant game.

I thought this on Tuesday and I decided missing a great game, and us winning, was better than watching a rubbish one and having us lose.

It didn't work. I stayed at home and we were pants and lost 3-0.

However don't let it be said that I give up too easily. I'm going to stay home on Saturday too, surely they can't be rubbish in my absence again?
  • Sponsored links:

But it did - but we all know that it is Charlton so any thing can happen this Saturday. If you want boring consistency and certainty in life go and support a team like Chelsea! You should see how their current hiccup is making their current fans gibbering wrecks.

I now realise that my previous life supporting Halifax Town equipped me with the stoicism necessary to support Charlton.

• Addickted said:

Good Post!
  • Unfortunately I am near Bristol for a reunion but one of the teams are at home so I may go if I can persuade the wife W-S-M is too cold to visit. Alternatively I could sit in a pub and watch the rugby where, surprisingly they don't injure so easily as footballers.
  • try keeping me away, I'll be there
  • iaitch said:

You know that if you go it will be rubbish but if you don't go it will be a brilliant game.

I thought this on Tuesday and I decided missing a great game, and us winning, was better than watching a rubbish one and having us lose.

It didn't work. I stayed at home and we were pants and lost 3-0.

However don't let it be said that I give up too easily. I'm going to stay home on Saturday too, surely they can't be rubbish in my absence again?
    I'll be there Saturday and hopefully after the game I can say I was glad that I came along.
  • A lot of you guys are saying it could not have got any worse. I was at Reading last Saturday and we were worse then. It was only Readings horrendous shooting that stopped it being an embarrassment.
  • PopIcon said:

A lot of you guys are saying it could not have got any worse. I was at Reading last Saturday and we were worse then. It was only Readings horrendous shooting that stopped it being an embarrassment.

Totally disagree with that. We went to Reading (who are in the top 4!) to contain and keep it tight which, for 75 minutes, we did comfortably with Pope only having to deal with long shots. It wasn't pretty but it was nearly effective-Tuesday was the absolute pits.
  • The only way to change our luck is for all those that went Tuesday, miss Saturday, if we win, let them back slowly so we can work out who is the johna for this club
  • ross1 said:

The only way to change our luck is for all those that went Tuesday, miss Saturday, if we win, let them back slowly so we can work out who is the johna for this club

Argh man... You sure I cant come on Saturday? :(
  • edited October 2015

You do know that you'll have to give up your seat for any dorset folk that may want to go there don't you?
    Fumbluff said:

Roland has bought that cinema though so remember;
    1. You can't buy tickets online easily
    2. There's no staff there on Thursdays
    3. There's a brand new projector, best in the land but it's not the right aspect ratio for the screen and its operated by a child
    4. The ticket booth was taken away by the former owners so now the ticket sales team operate in random positions around the foyer, if you can find one and it's not Thursday and you surrender ALL your personal details (and those of everyone you've been to the cinema with before) then you can buy a golden or silver ticket
    5. It only screens cheap foreign films that are injured, or home movies about babies
    6. Some of the seats have been recently repainted and it has the best emergency exit walkways in UK cinema history
    7. There are only 14 bits of popcorn in the jumbo meal deal bag
    8. The cinemas website won't tell you anything about the screenings but the SLP might
    9. Yann Kermogant is making movies for fun at a teeny tiny cinema down the road
    10. Oh and the sound system is proper proper knackered-it's like the owner doesn't notice through his ear trumpet