Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Looking at the Squad

Honestly how many players do you think we have who are genuinely chanpionship level.
For me I'd personally only say:
Henderson
Diarra
Bauer
Gudmundsson
Watt
Makienok
Cousins
Kashi
Potentially Moussa but have not seen enough of him yet.
It is worrying that even when chosing from our whole squad I cannot pick 11 players who could be competitive in this division. Any names Im missing?

Comments

• Solly!! oh em gee
    I'd argue Fox, and if not I liked what I saw of THD
    Maybe REZA :heart:
    Reckon Ceballos will turn out to be good
    Jacko for 20 minutes before his legs go ;)

Still willing to give Ba and Sarr more chances. Think Bergdich might have blown his - although remember, he almost never plays in his true position

As just said elsewhere, I would maybe start to dispute Cousins
  • Solly? Fully fit Vetokele?
  • Goalkeepers: Henderson ... Pope
    Defenders: Solly ... Bauer ... Diarra ... Fox
    Midfielders: Gudmundsson ... Cousins ... Kashi ... Jackson ... Moussa
    Strikers: Watt ... Makienok ... Reza
  • NomSoup said:

Solly? Fully fit Vetokele?

Solly is one I've potentially missed, Vetokele when fully fit may make the list but the fact he spends more time on the sideline sort of doscredits him as a the type of player we require at this level.

if only we could play them all at the same time, would have easily got a point last night...

if only we could play them all at the same time, would have easily got a point last night...
    Dunno... Might have stopped the third goal...

Would agree with that Bar maybe Pope, Fox and Reza, still that only leaves us at 11 which is ridiculous.
  • Laddick01 said:

NomSoup said:

Solly is one I've potentially missed, Vetokele when fully fit may make the list but the fact he spends more time on the sideline sort of doscredits him as a the type of player we require at this level.
    I get what you mean, couldn't the same also be said about Henderson?
  • Laddick01 said:

Goalkeepers: Henderson ... Pope

Would agree with that Bar maybe Pope, Fox and Reza, still that only leaves us at 11 which is ridiculous.
    Jury is maybe out still in regards to Reza (But this is the season to turn it around for him).

Fox he showed me last night the commitment needed to succeed (the one player who was yelling himself hoarse in the First Half to try and motivate the team around him)

Pope... Know what you mean, but in terms of backup Goalkeepers, I think he's got just enough to make it in that team
  • NomSoup said:

Laddick01 said:

NomSoup said:

I get what you mean, couldn't the same also be said about Henderson?
    Potentially yes, I think Vetokele has not been helped by the fact that his Injury was not allowed proper recovery time.
    To me though Henderson has shown his quality and how much of an impact he has when he comes back. When vetokele came back this season he made little impact. So I guess thats what Im going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our squad, when fully fit, is thin but very good. However, they are clearly lacking confidence, no one wishes to lead yet they all want to be led.

I think Guy Luzon's approach of ranting his head off in a crouched position is wearing thin and I suspect the squad are tired of listening to this.

I don't know what the solution is, they need to get back together as a team - sports psychologists, team building, clear the air talks behind closed doors?
  • Laddick01 said:

Goalkeepers: Henderson ... Pope

Jury is maybe out still in regards to Reza (But this is the season to turn it around for him).

Fox he showed me last night the commitment needed to succeed (the one player who was yelling himself hoarse in the First Half to try and motivate the team around him)

Pope... Know what you mean, but in terms of backup Goalkeepers, I think he's got just enough to make it in that team
    Pope, Fox and Reza in my eyes would all make excellent sqaud players. The problem arises when they are seen as the base of our squad.
  • The point is that the first team is there or thereabouts, the rest really aren't and it's a 50 game plus season. You need a squad not a team only and we haven't got it.
  • Laddick01 said:

Honestly how many players do you think we have who are genuinely chanpionship level.
    For me I'd personally only say:
    Henderson
    Diarra
    Bauer
    Gudmundsson
    Watt
    Makienok
    Cousins
    Kashi
    Potentially Moussa but have not seen enough of him yet.
    It is worrying that even when chosing from our whole squad I cannot pick 11 players who could be competitive in this division. Any names Im missing?

Other than Solly (who hasn't been great thus far) and maybe Igor, you've nailed it.
  • Don't think it's the standard of players that's the problem, it's the lack of depth in the squad, you take 8 first team players out of any squad they would struggle. Goes back to the fact we've let 20+ player leave in two season and bought in 15/16 player

Think we need to loan 2/3 player (if that's possible) with experience in key positions. It's obvious to everyone else and not our board apparently
  • Reza's name has popped up a few times on this thread already. If I remember correctly people were saying he was not Championship quality back when he was playing for us. So does this mean he's improved or the standard of Championship football perceived by people has been lowered? Just curious because I've seen him play only once. When's the last time he's played for us?
  • I think we can forget any loan players before January, I believe GL made this quite clear, when he said, this is my squad now and we will work together, or something like that
  • Reza's name has popped up a few times on this thread already. If I remember correctly people were saying he was not Championship quality back when he was playing for us. So does this mean he's improved or the standard of Championship football perceived by people has been lowered? Just curious because I've seen him play only once. When's the last time he's played for us?

Jessie, there is a strange and Bizzare thing in football that whenever a player is out of the team they can do a better job than players in situ.

We are getting desperate now so Reza or anyone please step up to the plate.

Jessie, there is a strange and Bizzare thing in football that whenever a player is out of the team they can do a better job than players in situ.

We are getting desperate now so Reza or anyone please step up to the plate.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. *sigh*
  • Thank god we never signed Brad Jones on this showing...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3292093/Brad-Jones-leaves-Bradford-City-mutual-consent-playing-just-three-times.html

Goes to show that a lot of fans know diddly squat when many moaned that we didnt bother signing him (or quite possibly Shola Ameobi), would have been a huge loss on wages
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure I'd include Watt there to be honest. When he's firing he's fantastic but his performances when he's not are hugely detrimental. That lack of consistency is costing us big time
  • I can imagine if you're competitive, but don't perform as a team ... the atmosphere in the dressing room isn't very nice and increasingly becomes worse. Very hard job for a coach (even a veteran) to tackle this. I just had a look at an interview KF gave some time ago. He's a rather calm, down to earth type, perhaps a bit better for the moment than ranting GL. If ever ( ! ) he'll do an interview ... I think you're gonna understand him better. Perhaps you might consider pointing your protest directly against RD and KM in some manner. I'm an outsider, but just think about those young guys on the field and how they'll feel if a lot of you will boo them next game.
  • Laddick01 said:

NomSoup said:

So our two time player of the year, at least one of which in the Championship is a 'potential miss'. He may not have lived up to his usual high standards this year but he is far from a busted flush.

Probably needs a week or two's rest as he must have played all but one of our league games which he is not used to but is forced into due to mental unbalancing of our squad (see Vet last season).

I have a feeling now Luzon has gone he will be back to his best as well.

Are they they same three strikers with 3 championship goals between them this season ?
  • Picking out 3 young players here:

Watt is a potential game changer on his day but frustrating as hell when he's off the boil. You get 'luxury' players like this. Look at Ozil at Arsenal. Wenger must of considered dropping him loads of times but it's always in the back of your head that he can turn the game on its arse.

Cousins is a work horse there's no doubt but for me he hasn't got that spark. Don't get me wrong he's solid enough for this level but how many times a season do you come away from a game thinking Cousins run that midfield? He's obviously young and got time to improve and he will under better management I just feel at times he blends in and he's ok with that. He's not a fantastic passing midfielder, or a goal scoring midfielder. He's a worker which is fine but there are dozens of them in this league. Put it this way if he was anything special he would of been bought by now.

Pope for me now he's had his chance. Good shot stopper but that's one of the easier parts of goalkeeping. He's made some howlers this season and they all seem to be the same sort of fumbled goal. Goalkeeper is the hardest position on the pitch I have no doubt but there's a time when you have to learn from your mistakes.

• Laddick01 said:

NomSoup said:

So our two time player of the year, at least one of which in the Championship is a 'potential miss'. He may not have lived up to his usual high standards this year but he is far from a busted flush.

Probably needs a week or two's rest as he must have played all but one of our league games which he is not used to but is forced into due to mental unbalancing of our squad (see Vet last season).

I have a feeling now Luzon has gone he will be back to his best as well.
    Solly is our only right back. If he gets injured or tired then the only people who can fill in our our first team central midfielder or a youth team winger. The pressure on him and lack of rotation is no doubt getting to him. Starting the season with one right back, and that right back being a permanent injury worry, is nuts
  • agim said:

Picking out 3 young players here:

Watt is a potential game changer on his day but frustrating as hell when he's off the boil. You get 'luxury' players like this. Look at Ozil at Arsenal. Wenger must of considered dropping him loads of times but it's always in the back of your head that he can turn the game on its arse.

Cousins is a work horse there's no doubt but for me he hasn't got that spark. Don't get me wrong he's solid enough for this level but how many times a season do you come away from a game thinking Cousins run that midfield? He's obviously young and got time to improve and he will under better management I just feel at times he blends in and he's ok with that. He's not a fantastic passing midfielder, or a goal scoring midfielder. He's a worker which is fine but there are dozens of them in this league. Put it this way if he was anything special he would of been bought by now.

Pope for me now he's had his chance. Good shot stopper but that's one of the easier parts of goalkeeping. He's made some howlers this season and they all seem to be the same sort of fumbled goal. Goalkeeper is the hardest position on the pitch I have no doubt but there's a time when you have to learn from your mistakes.

Really struggling with the notion of Pope being a good shot stopper !
  • edited October 2015
    Reza is quite obviously not Championship standard.

I've never known a player have to do so little to impress you lot like Reza has
  • definately Saar. I may be in the minority but I like him. Gonna turn out to be a huge player for us.
  • definately Saar. I may be in the minority but I like him. Gonna turn out to be a huge player for us.

You are in a minority . He was ok in the 3-0 defeat to brentford but has otherwise been appalling