Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Preston

Comments

• Pope - 6 Not able to criticise wall positioning for the 1st goal based on my view, but he didn't play too badly
    Solly - 3.5 loses half a point (I'm being generous at that) for completely ineffectual performance as captain. He might be fit to wear the shirt, but never give him that armband again
    Sarr - 4.5 hard to believe he played in the CL
    Diarra -4 never looked comfortable
    Fox - 4 some shocking passing
    Bergdich - 2 - car crash of a performance
    Ba - 2.5 Ok he kept trying, but that's the only positive thing you can say
    Cousins - 3 worst CAFC performance. Have to question his technical ability for that role. Better as a RB?
    Holmes-Dennis - 5.5 a few glimmers of hope, did his best
    Ahearne-Grant - 3.5 lightweight, and if (according to the programme) he is the fastest player in the squad he must surely have been nobbled on Monday night
    Watt - 4 too often isolated, too deep. there's a player there but he needs to be managed better
    McAleny - 2 hopeless. lightweight and often his 1st touch sends the ball 5m back towards his own goal
    Makienok - 4.5 huffed & puffed.
    Jackson -5 ditto, but the attitude was right, for 15 min or so
  • For those who watched the match this evening your marks please:

Pope - 4 his inadequacy didn't cost points, this time
    Solly - 6 did what he could but overrun by the deluge of effluent from his colleagues
    Sarr - 3 not nearly good enough
    Diarra - 5 shaky start but next best after Solly
    Fox - 3 had a horror show even for him
    Bergdich - 1 shamefully disinterested robbing his wages only non-league at his best
    Ba - 2 back to the clueless passenger he seemed in August, dreadful
    Cousins - 4 tirelessly headless chicken who is colourblind or can't pass
    Holmes-Dennis - not fair to rate someone of his inexperience amongst such sewage
    Ahearne-Grant - 4 seems to try hard enough but lacks the tools passing worse than JC
    Watt - 3 shamefully bizarrely unfit useful for 20mins max
    McAleny - busy but wholly ineffective
    Makienok - given an impossible task with no support
    Jackson - made more tackles than all his midfield "colleagues" put together must have felt like the little Dutch boy with his finger in the dyke.

We always give the highest average marked player the Man of the Match accolade, on tonight's performence should there be a MoM:
    Yes
    No, no, 10 times NO
  • Pope - 4 - Another "meh" game. +1 for not dropping the ball at an opposition players feet. Progress, he will be a Conference South quality keeper in no time.

Solly - 4.5 - Meh

Sarr - 2 - This guy does not have a bloody clue.

Diarra - 5 - Better than most, he has quality in him, not sure about his fitness/passion though

Fox - 5.5 - Love this guy. A lot of what he does doesn't necessarily come off, but he attacks, and he defends, he plays the wing back role well, and is involved in a lot of attacks. 99% of the time he would play a pass and get the ball straight back, there was no real outlet for him a lot of the time.

Bergdich - 3 - We really have made some awful additions to our squad.

Ba - 3 - Always frustrates me.

Cousins - 5 - Has the fight in him, he really, really wanted it. Which at this point is what is getting people up to a 5...

Holmes-Dennis - 4 - Meh

Ahearne-Grant - 3 - Absolutely rubbish. League 2 at best, not blaming the lad, he seems to want it, but he is nowhere near the required quality to play at this level.

Watt - 4 - Showed some flair, but his constant moaning at our players when everything doesn't go right really pisses me off, I think he's a twat to be honest, but to be fair I have thought this since a couple goals in. He can be a twat and a good footballer, but the way he acts, he clearly has an attitude.

McAleny - 4 - looked nippy at times, I think he needs a group of fitter players around him.

Makienok - 6 - We need to be playing him as often as possible, with players around him who understand the concept of receiving the second ball, he was quality, but he isn't a goalscorer, he is much more of a playmaker. Needs the right people around him.

Jackson - 5 - Passion gets you points, and he seemed to really want to be there which is something at this point!
  • Pope - 4 One day he'll be a decent keeper but right now we need Henderson to come back and kick some ass
    Solly - 4 Not comfortable as a captain.
    Sarr - 5 Looked reasonable. Some nice touches. He could be decent with a few more games under his belt.
    Diarra - 4.5 too quiet for my liking. He should be first choice as a captain but he isn't vocal enough. Nobody is a leader at the back when Bauer isn't around.
    Fox - 3.5 His crossing is absolutely terrible. HE always hits the man (except the one last night that went straight into the North stand). Couple of petulant pushes and shoves show there is passion in there but our defence needs a leader and it isn't him.
    Bergdich - 3 Woeful. I don't care if he is being played out of position - he gave Solly no protection and was shocking in possession.
    Ba - 3 Almost every second touch was a tackle - what does that say about his first touch. Passing was off and has no pace.
    Cousins - 4 Shadow of his former self. His passing always has been pretty average but was especially shit last night
    Holmes-Dennis - 5 Forgot about him in the first half until he challenged Fox for 3 headers in midfield. He'll grow but tonight could end up being damaging for a while.
    Ahearne-Grant - 5 I appreciate he is just a kid - but he needs a lot more strength and a much better first touch. Worried he'll become the next Kim Grant and start getting abuse
    Watt - 5.5 He tried harder than most but was still below average
    McAleny - 5 Nice touches but not strong. Could be worth persisting with.
    Makienok - 6.5 Won everything aerially but nobody was within 20 yards of him most of the time. I genuinely wonder what the coaches say "Hit the big man, he can lay it off and then we can watch our opponents play on". Get someone near him and he'll be a shit load more effective.
    Jackson - 4 Chased shadows and kicked a bloke. Standard Jacko stuff really.

MOM Kashi

My lowest scores ever. Fully deserved from that shower of shit.

First time in years I have come away questioning why I bother - last time was the 2-5 reverse against Sheff Utd when Pards was relieved of his duties.

I was getting frustrated at the number of "something isn't right" comments I was reading but I have to say....I'm starting to wonder it now. Has Guy lost the team?
  • Pope - 4
    Solly - 4
    Sarr - 4
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 4
    Bergdich - 3
    Ba - 3.5
    Cousins - 4
    Holmes-Dennis - 4
    Ahearne-Grant - 3
    Watt - 4
    McAleny - 3.5
    Makienok - 6
    Jackson - 4

No MOM!
  • Pope - 6
    Solly - 5
    Sarr - 4
    Diarra - 6.5
    Fox - 4
    Bergdich - 3
    Ba - 4
    Cousins - 6
    Holmes-Dennis - 6
    Ahearne-Grant - 5
    Watt - 5
    McAleny - 5
    Makienok - 6
    Jackson - 6

Luzon - 2 - I can normally find things to defend Guy on, but tonight playing players out of position and not working out that Preston were killing us in midfield because of formation as early as the first 10 minutes was criminal last night.
  • Pope - 6 At fault (I think) for 1st goal otherwise okay.
    Solly - 5
    Sarr - 4.5
    Diarra - 5.5
    Fox - 4 From Man U to Accrington Stanley
    Bergdich - 3
    Ba - 3.5
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 5
    Ahearne-Grant - 4
    Watt - 7
    McAleny - 4.5
    Makienok - 6.5
    Jackson - 5
  • Pope - 3 Should have done better for first two goals. Does well on loan but poor for us. Coaching staff to blame?
    Solly - 2 Poor captain. Seems worried about injuring his knee
    Sarr - 3 Champions league?????
    Diarra - 5 Missed Bauer
    Fox - 2.5 terrible crossing. Poor header lead to third
    Bergdich - 0.5 terrible
    Ba - 1 terrible
    Cousins - 3 Still young and was dragged down by the others
    Holmes-Dennis - 6 MOM made a few good runs, one good tackle but could have done better for the third. I would keep him involved with the squad
    Ahearne-Grant - 3 Young, raw and needs under 21 football/loan to help development
    Watt - 4.5 I thought he was greedy and could have played a simple ball to a red shirt a few times. the problem was that the free man was Bergdich! Please get in the box rather than sit deep
    McAleny - 5 Tried to be positive and run at defenders
    Makienok - 6 Won headers and held the ball but not a red shirt near him
    Jackson - 5 busy but didn't achieve much

Luzon - -5 Poor team selection
  • Pope - 6 not as bad as some say. Bench on Saturday please
    Solly - 4 awful captain
    Sarr - 3 should be on loan at Gillingham
    Diarra - 4 missed Bauer
    Fox - 4.5 needs to up his game and fast.
    Bergdich - 3 awful
    Ba - 2.5 would misplace a pass and then do feck all to get it back
    Cousins - 5 not a good game
    Holmes-Dennis - 5.5 looked promising but it's hard to look good when about 9 of your teammates couldn't give a shite
    Ahearne-Grant - 4 for his sake put him on the bench
    Watt - 4 his lack of desire angers me
    McAleny - 3 should be on loan at Colchester
    Makienok - 6 it was too late for him to change anything
    Jackson - 5 as above

Luzon got it wrong today and has got it wrong of late - however to sack him would be ridiculous.
  • Pope - 5
    Solly - 5
    Sarr - 3
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 3
    Bergdich - 2
    Ba - 4
    Cousins - 4
    Holmes-Dennis - 5
    Ahearne-Grant - 3
    Watt - 5
    McAleny - 3
    Makienok - 6
    Jackson - 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope - 5
    Solly - 5
    Sarr - 3
    Diarra - 3
    Fox - 3
    Bergdich - 2
    Ba - 2
    Cousins - 3
    Holmes-Dennis - 4
    Ahearne-Grant - 4
    Watt - 6
    McAleny - 5
    Makienok -
    Jackson -
  • Their number 25 was MOM
  • Johnson was MOM easily. He even braided his hair specially for the occasion
  • Pope - 4
    Solly - 4
    Sarr - 2
    Diarra - 4
    Fox - 4
    Bergdich - 2
    Ba - 2
    Cousins - 3
    Holmes-Dennis - 4
    Ahearne-Grant - 4
    Watt - 5
    McAleny - 5
    Makienok -
    Jackson -
  • Pope - 4
    Solly - 4
    Sarr - 4.5
    Diarra - 4.5
    Fox - 3
    Bergdich - 4
    Ba - 3
    Cousins - 4.5
    Holmes-Dennis - 4
    Ahearne-Grant - 4
    Watt - 3
    McAleny - 4.5
    Makienok - 6
    Jackson - 5
  • Pope - 2 Was at fault with that pathetic punch for their 2nd
    Solly - 4 Is suffering from the effects of the rest of the pathetic bunch
    Sarr - 1 Poor excuse for a centre half
    Diarra - 4 Same as Solly
    Fox - 0 Manchester United interested in him !!! FC United of Manchester is more his level. Useless Tw*t
    Bergdich - 0 As bad a Fox. we were atrocious down the left last night
    Ba - 0.5 Awful player. Constantly out of position in a midfiled that was all over the place
    Cousins - 2 Worst game in a Charlton shirt. see comments for solly and diarra
    Holmes-Dennis - 3 Felt sorry for him. Looked like he at least tried
    Ahearne-Grant - 0 Awful player. Should also be turning out for FC United of Manchester.. More his level
    Watt - 3 Tried to make up for the lack of talent around him but again tried too hard.
    McAleny - 3 What are we and him gaining from this loan !?1
    Makienok - 6 A striker that we need in the starting 11 each week.
    Jackson - 5 Need the captains spitit to stir up this bunch

Luzon - -1 Get rid of him ASAP. Look what Brum, Brighton, and Reading are doing with quality BRITISH managers
  • Pope - 4 - Simply not good enough, too timid. The "setting up" of the wall for the 1st goal was abysmal.
    Solly - 5 - Not a captain, but does his best.
    Sarr - 4 - Very disappointed in him so far, was expecting much better.
    Diarra - 5 - Classy at times, but does concede a lot of free kicks.
    Fox - 4 - I just don't see what he brings to the team.
    Bergdich - 4 - Not a right midfielder and a terrible decision to play him there.
    Ba - 4 - Going backwards after starting so brightly.
    Cousins - 4
    Holmes-Dennis - 4.5 - Give him a run-out at left back instead of Fox.
    Ahearne-Grant - 4 - Looks lost.
    Watt - 5 - Some of his dribbling tonight was much better than of late.
    McAleny - 4 - Wanders from his position so much, must confuse the rest of the team.
    Makienok - 5.5 - The only one who tried.
    Jackson - 4.5

We always give the highest average marked player the Man of the Match accolade, on tonight's performance should there be a MoM:

No

• Pope - 3
    Solly - 2
    Sarr - 4
    Diarra - 4
    Fox - 5
    Bergdich - 2
    Ba - 2
    Cousins - 4
    Holmes-Dennis - 4
    Ahearne-Grant - 3
    Watt - 5
    McAleny - 3
    Makienok - 3
    Jackson - 4

Fives for the two players who never hid regardless of how poor they were playing themselves.

We always give the highest average marked player the Man of the Match accolade, on tonight's performance should there be a MoM:

No
  • Pope - 4 Can be a decent keeper. Did Ok.
    Solly - 4 Not a good captain. Exposed by Bergdich.
    Sarr - 4 Poor first touch but under pressure from a poor midfield and PNE players running at them
    Diarra - 4.5 Did ok but suffered from the above
    Fox - 4 Did ok but couldn't show much going forward due to poor midfield and lack of movement from the forwards
    Bergdich - 1 One of the worst players I've seen in a Charlton shirt. Constantly out of position against Reading and again last night- he gave Solly no protection and was shocking in possession.
    Ba - 3 Poor tackling.
    Cousins - 4 Confidence very low.
    Holmes-Dennis - 4 Same as above
    Ahearne-Grant - 5 Poor first touch and passing needs to improve. I think it was his very poor pass which PNE the ball which lead to the first goal.
    Watt - 5.5 Tried a few things and I think Luzon made changes to accomodate him. But sadly it failed.
    McAleny - 4 Fortunately I had to leave early so cant comment. But based on other comments I'l be generous :)
    Makienok - 6 See above
    Jackson - 4 See above

Luzon - 2 - Players out of position and did nothing tactically to change the game. Preston used all the pitch and at least should have told Bergditch to stop drifting in.
    I now think his pitch antics are now inaffective and a waste of time.
  • Pope - 5 not helped by a static defense, we need SH back for calmness.
    Solly - 5 average
    Sarr - 4 poor
    Diarra -5 struggled
    Fox -4 poor all night but keep trying.
    Bergdich -4 looks lightweight.
    Ba - 4 wins the odd tackle but struggled.
    Cousins -4 poor centre mid performance after being picked in his best position.
    Holmes-Dennis - 5 coming into a struggling team is tough.
    Ahearne-Grant -4 should be learning his trade on loan in League 1.
    Watt -5.5 kept trying in his Languid way, extra point for only shot that reached the keeper !
    McAleny -5 the lad tries but is ineffective.
    Makienok -5.5 within a minute of coming on the game had gone.
    Jackson - 5 ditto.

We always give the highest average marked player the Man of the Match accolade, on tonight's performence should there be a MoM:
    Yes
    No players but the crowd who stayed to the bitter end which included me !
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope - 5 Didn't inspire confidence.
    Solly - 4.5 Looked quite weak.
    Sarr - 4.5 Ok on the ball. Not ok without it. Heading is a massive problem. At least three routine headed clearances from long balls misjudged and not made.
    Diarra - 5 A couple of good interceptions but even his heading wasn't clean last night.
    Fox - 4 Tried to get forward but lacked any real quality. Got wrong side of his man quite a lot and looked hesitant.
    Bergdich - 3 Played out of position but didn't make a good fist of it. Think he's probably an ok player but at the moment he looks like a left-wing sub.
    Ba - 5 Tried to get stuck in. Bit unlucky with receiving poor ball behind him for the opening goal but doesn't look the part without Kashi. Confidence very low.
    Cousins - 5 Passing was poor. Did try to get stuck in a bit but too similar to Ba.
    Holmes-Dennis - 5 A couple of bits of skill but looked very lightweight. Had one chance to burn into the area in 1st half but looked nervous (understandable) and didn't go for it.
    Ahearne-Grant - 5 Tried and did make a few off ball runs that weren't seen. Looked lightweight.
    Watt - 6 Mainly for effort. Ran his himself into the ground and may have tweaked a muscle with about five mins to go. Didn't get close enough to Makienok but that might have been to do with fatigue rather than lack of nous.
    McAleny - 6 Did his best to get us going. Has good feet and may have to play up front if Watt can't last.
    Makienok - 7 Even with very little service he did at least allow us to get up the field a bit. We won't see the best of him until we can sort out a supply (be it long ball or crosses).
    Jackson - 6 Was ok but looked short of sharpness. Will have to play in the absence of Kashi.
  • Pope - 3 Plays like the kid at school who is shit so they put him in goal
    Solly - 4 not a captain, has lost all fight he had 2 years ago
    Sarr - 3.5 For someone so big, it staggers me at how poor he is in the air.
    Diarra -6 Feel sorry him, if we are his last professional club, what a way to go out
    Fox - 3 At fault for the third for a shite header, typical fox performance
    Bergdich -2 would be happy to never see him in a charlton shirt again
    Ba - 2 see above
    Cousins -5 passing is atrocious at times, makes up for it in graft
    Holmes-Dennis - 5.5 terrible game to make his debut in, said that thought he did okay.
    Ahearne-Grant -3 Out of his depth, as for ducking in the wall for the first goal? Pftt
    Watt -5.5 kept trying, has to drop so deep because he is the only one who actually wants to get on the ball
    McAleny -3 Up there with our worst ever loan signing, there's a reason no one had heard of him when he signed.
    Makienok -6 did what was needed, think he cares which is more than can be said for most of them
    Jackson - 5 should of started.
  • Pope - 5
    Solly - 5
    Sarr - 4.5
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 4.5
    Bergdich - 3.5
    Ba - 3.5
    Cousins - 4
    Holmes-Dennis - 4
    Ahearne-Grant - 4
    Watt - 5.5
    McAleny - 3.5
    Makienok - 5
    Jackson - 4.5

Yes - Simply on basis that Watt made some effort to create openings that were ignored by an inept mid-field
  • Pope - 5.5
    Solly 5
    Sarr - 5
    Diarra - 6
    Fox - 4
    Bergdich - 3
    Ba - 3.5
    Cousins - 4
    Holmes-Dennis - 6
    Ahearne-Grant - 3
    Watt - 5
    McAleny - 4
    Makienok - 6
    Jackson - 6

Decent pint of Addicks Ale from the East Stand before kick off. Then a game of football broke out and ruined the night.
  • Pope - 4 lets hope Hendo's fit for saturday
    Solly - 4 kept at it, not much of a leader though
    Sarr - 2
    Diarra - 4
    Fox - 2 him and THD where confused and lost the whole game
    Bergdich - 1 one of the worst players I've seen where the shirt
    Ba - 1 same as above, its a struggle to watch him play
    Cousins - 4 feel sorry him
    Holmes-Dennis - 3 good player thrown in wrongly imo
    Ahearne-Grant - 3 not ready
    Watt - 4
    McAleny - 2 send him back..
    Makienok - 5
    Jackson - 5
  • Pope - 4 should only be played as a back up, harsh but hes going to cost us points
    Solly - 4
    Sarr - 4
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 5.5
    Bergdich - 2
    Ba - 1 awful performance
    Cousins - 5
    Holmes-Dennis - 5
    Ahearne-Grant - 5
    Watt - 5
    McAleny - 1 back to Everton please
    Makienok - 5