Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Supporters' Trust Survey ahead of next week's AGM

2»

Comments

• Off_it said:

Thanks Razil, I get that.

As someone who certainly isn't anti-Trust and has been generally supportive of it thus far, if I'm getting a bit of "survey fatigue" (I like that expression!) then I would guess that maybe others are too.

Just my view. Take it on board or don't - it probably wouldn't make a difference either way.

When fatigued consider its a bit like direct democracy, u get to have ur say and influence on something which when added to others makes ur voice more likely to be heard than ranting in the pub, message board, stands
  • As long as it doesn't all just end up in a spreadsheet on someone's laptop @Razil.

I'm sure (well, i hope) that's not the case here, but everyone has a limit as to how many of these things you will fill in before you don't bother any more.

I mean, I used to diligently fill out the "360 feedback" forms we get through in work telling them my boss was shit. But he's still there, so I don't bother so much now as I suspect they may be just trying to build a case against me!
    ;-)
  • results regularly published online and in TNT
  • And relevant results are shared with the club eg on Valley Express and season tickets.

There have been three surveys this year: pre Woolwich meeting (600+ responses), season ticket renewal (600+ responses) and this one with responses in the hundreds after 24 hours.

I'll start to be concerned about survey fatigue when people stop participating, but at the moment this is the best way of gaining a wide representation of views and quantifying opinion.

• There can be a problem with on line surveys directed to a closed community. If the 600 replies in previous surveys are mainly from the same people then its probable that those people have fixed views. Surveys carried out by targetting random people (the ones that call you when you are having dinner) are likely to get a better result particularly if the same questions are asked to different people over a period of time. This gives a movement or trend over time
  • Indeed and one thing we used to do was a random face to face interview sample and compare the figures.

This presents a man power issue however, and strangely people who point out issues with process are rarely willing to pound pavements on a match day often in the rain. No digs intended people.

You could almost bet on a downpour when we did surveys/release Tnt :)
  • Would love to do one Razil but its a long trek from Oz to SE London. Have done my share of door to door surveys though including threats, abuse once being chased down the road
  • Perhaps this will come up in the AGM, but do the Trust/others have any sense of the appetite for match day fan protests against the Roland regime? It ultimately proved successful for Liege fans but I have no idea how many Addicks would consider this approach at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps this will come up in the AGM, but do the Trust/others have any sense of the appetite for match day fan protests against the Roland regime? It ultimately proved successful for Liege fans but I have no idea how many Addicks would consider this approach at the moment.

Personally I don't think there's huge appetite for this because

a) a Liege style smash your own stadium up and break into Roland's office isn't really done much in English football (last seasons Blackpool demonstration aside)
    b) Roland hasn't been to the Valley for the best part of a year so I doubt it would bother him too much

Also, what's the point of the protest ? Getting him to sell ? I doubt that would work, and if it did, would you want him just flogging the club to the first bidder?

The best bet now is to continue to pressure the club to give us answers on the direction we're going in - that's what some of us have wanted from the start and it seems there is momentum behind that approach now that performances on the pitch have gone off a cliff.
  • even a small protest that was well organised with a clear message, would send a message, getting it publicised would also be fairly easy in my view
  • edited October 2015

Perhaps this will come up in the AGM, but do the Trust/others have any sense of the appetite for match day fan protests against the Roland regime? It ultimately proved successful for Liege fans but I have no idea how many Addicks would consider this approach at the moment.

My impression is that is it has been the older fans who have been most upset, but protests of that kind tend to led by the younger ones, even back to those on the pitch on 21/9/85 when some of still qualified as young. Certainly, the people who went round to the back of the west stand to get Pardew out had a reasonably low average age (leaving aside the club staff!). However, we may have got to the tipping point, especially if Saturday goes badly.

It was particularly obliging of the old board to put the boardroom where it is, looking out on to the concourse by the main entrance.
  • Just had the latest email for the trust in regard to the AGM.
    Please note the contents.
    Members can sign upon Saturday, rejoin, etc.
    The stall is there from 2pm.

A final reminder to all members that our AGM will be held at The Bugle Horn in Charlton Village on Thursday 29th October at 7.30pm.

After the formal business of the meeting there will be an opportunity to hear from Owen Gibson - Chief Sports Correspondent at The Guardian. He will answer your questions on current issues in the world of sport and offer his unique insight into some of the most high profile stories.

There will also be a chance for members to share their thoughts on the current situation at our club. What is going wrong ? Who is responsible ? Can we do anything about it ?

We look forward to seeing you next Thursday but please ensure your membership is up to date.
  • se9addick said:

Perhaps this will come up in the AGM, but do the Trust/others have any sense of the appetite for match day fan protests against the Roland regime? It ultimately proved successful for Liege fans but I have no idea how many Addicks would consider this approach at the moment.

a) a Liege style smash your own stadium up and break into Roland's office isn't really done much in English football (last seasons Blackpool demonstration aside)
    b) Roland hasn't been to the Valley for the best part of a year so I doubt it would bother him too much

Also, what's the point of the protest ? Getting him to sell ? I doubt that would work, and if it did, would you want him just flogging the club to the first bidder?

The best bet now is to continue to pressure the club to give us answers on the direction we're going in - that's what some of us have wanted from the start and it seems there is momentum behind that approach now that performances on the pitch have gone off a cliff.
    It's not M.Roly you need to be concentrating on at this stage. A polite pressure towards the CEO re the scarf campaign and asking for answers is the way forward, but keep it going this time regardless of results. Constant daily polite pressure. Not abuse.
  • shirty5 said:

se9addick said:

It's not M.Roly you need to be concentrating on at this stage. A polite pressure towards the CEO re the scarf campaign and asking for answers is the way forward, but keep it going this time regardless of results. Constant daily polite pressure. Not abuse.
    That's pretty much what we have been doing in the last few months. Come along next week to hear more.

• Done, but thought it was for 'new supporters' after reading the thread title
  • edited October 2015
    Just bumping back up - please complete if you have not yet so we can measure current mood ahead of Thu AGM. Thanks.

No easy answer to this. Some will protest, I'm sure of it. Others will see that as a distraction and will want to watch the football, irrespective of who's in charge.
    I'm of the opinion that we should organise, seek the return of our Season Ticket money, en masse, and get active.
    If RD sells up, who would replace him as owner? Who knows? We can't worry about what we don't know, though, can we? Just concentrate on what is. And what is, isn't working, and needs replacing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get rid of the dictator, sounds a good idea but so did invading Iraq.