Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Supporters' Trust Survey ahead of next week's AGM

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
We have launched a new survey ahead of next week's AGM to get your current thoughts on both the club & the Supporters' Trust.

The survey can be taken here.

We look forward to your feedback on what you think the key focus areas should be for the Trust and how you feel Charlton will fare in the Championship this season.

We hope to see you at the CAS Trust AGM at the Bugle Horn in Charlton village at 7.30pm on Thursday 29th October. Please note, the AGM is for Trust members only so please ensure your membership is up to date before the meeting.

Comments

• Very quick and easy to do - please spare a couple of minutes to give us your opinion. Thanks.
  • Done. Keep up the good work.
  • Thanks @AFKABartram or on-duty moderator for pinning - much appreciated!
    Thanks, too, to all who have completed so far.
  • no problem, encourage everyone (members and non-members) to complete. takes literally 2 minutes.

• Sponsored links:

• done and happy to have contributed
  • Nearly 200 responses so far, and fairly even split between Trust members and non-members.
    Keep them coming - many thanks!
  • Sorted, got to dash Match to catch!!!
  • Just completed survey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Done, although might do another after last nights debacle :-(
  • The trust is really just a spleen venting tool in my opinion. Bit like this place in all honesty.
    There's no real solutions or action they can take. I really don't think it's got the muscle.
  • I'm a fan of them if used in the right way. Not overly led, and not too frequent. I think for bodies like the Trust they go some way to helping provide them with a mandate and collection of views from members and non-members, but also outside of the trust it can be used as a big indicator of supporter feeling. Now that may well prove to be ignored, but it is there in bold for all to see, one way or another.
  • The main thing surveys by a nationally recognised and formally established body like CAS Trust bring is a way of presenting a 'picture of what fans think on certain issues, and if done on a big enough scale in the right way, hopefully as close to a true picture of that as one is likely to get with the resources available, and thus brings credibility.

This can and has been presented to the club, but also helps to inform Trust policy etc.

Surveys allowed a number of things for the Trust: determined whether fans wanted it in the first place, helped it understand what priorities were for fans, helped the Trust grow rapidly but also sustainably, allowed fans to steer strategy and policy. There's probably a lot more detail than that and perhaps @seriouslyred can add more.

This approach formed part of an overall strategy that built on, and expanded hugely what other Trusts had achieved as well as some innovative ideas and approaches and has been well regarded by others in the movement.

The idea is that opinion presented this way is less easy to dismiss as just a few moaners on a message board, etc. or a clique in the back room of a pub.

How many you do, and what length they are is up for debate of course, and there are issues of survey fatigue and timing, questions, and other matters to carefully consider.
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks Razil, I get that.

As someone who certainly isn't anti-Trust and has been generally supportive of it thus far, if I'm getting a bit of "survey fatigue" (I like that expression!) then I would guess that maybe others are too.

Just my view. Take it on board or don't - it probably wouldn't make a difference either way.

• Do any of the surveys have the exact same questions so you can track opinion over time or are they just in response to bleating on here?

I remember one previous question being how would you like RD to die - painfully or very painfully......or something not very like that.
  • PL54 said:

Do any of the surveys have the exact same questions so you can track opinion over time or are they just in response to bleating on here?

I remember one previous question being how would you like RD to die - painfully or very painfully......or something not very like that.

Indeed they did, and there is scope for that, there is a fair bit lf data there. But its up to the new TB what they do