Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guy Luzon predicament if we lose Tuesday

Now as someone who didn't want Guy in at all after Peeters, my mind was changed pretty quickly.

I enjoy the mans passion to win, "To kill the opponents" when being 1-0 up- so refreshing to here a positive attacking coach. His antics on the touchline, kicking and heading every ball along with the team. The football too was exciting, first time i heard my 11 year old say: "Dad Charlton actually looking good".He kept us up and pretty comfortably too, with in my opinion a pretty poor team.

Now again i have always backed RD, but after hearing ( Pretty Reliable sources ) that GL will be dismissed shall we not win on Tuesday i must say my patience is wearing thin. GL is a very good coach and given a competitive team (like our fully fit first 11) he could get us in the top 8. He has been let down by his "friend" RD. I know its easy to say who i think we should sign and sign and before i hear the usual "Well its not your money" or the classic "If you dont like it buy the club" bull, lets think about this, Charlton are a pretty big club, we are in London and in a league where all it takes is one lucky run.. Your in the big time, so we can easily attract decent players. GL made numerous remarks in the press how he wants 3 players, yet he gets given a youngster from Everton who had previously been out for a year with a broken leg and in my opinion not yet ready for Championship football.

Before i ramble on ill get to the point. The thing that gets me the most is we have a very good coach, passionate man and good guy(Spoke to him twice and both times very pleasant) who the board have let down massively. Given a paper thin squad and expected to do well with them. I feel even if we win tomorrow Guy is a dead man walking and its totally undeserved.

I know i may be jumping to conclusions as he hasn't gone yet, but if GL does go, he should keep his head up and hope it doesn't affect any future employment opportunities for him.

Good luck tomorrow Guy and hope you stay with us, I'm sorry our board well and truly have f***** you over.

Comments

• If we are loose on Tuesday, then we should be ok as long as we tighten everything up.
  • With RD and his puppet in control it's difficult to guess what might happen one week to the next. However, I don't really see why RD would sack Luzon, just yet.
    Any new manager needs the transfer window open or at least about to open.
    If our form doesn't improve by December, Christmas may not be very happy for Guy Luzon.
  • se9addick said:

It's not really a predicament, if he gets sacked he gets sacked. You'd never heard of Luzon before he was hired and you won't have heard of his replacement. It will just be some other guy trying to make square pegs fit into round holes.

I thought initially that RD was trying to prove that you could build a sustainable model in the Championship, four full time managers (maybe five soon) later and I was obviously very wrong but I only care about Charlton Athletic and have very little sympathy for the "predicament" that anyone who chooses to work for RD finds themselves in - particularly if you'd worked under him previously.

Please don't speak about Sir Jose Riga like that! :wink:
  • The worry is, if GL is expecting the sack if we lose Tuesday, he may play some of the unfit, important players, to try and win, and we saw what happened to IV and SM, when played while unfit.
  • It would be a harsh sacking as I think we all understand the issue and don’t blame him for it. But if we have disappointing results in the next two games, it would be a real possibility. I think it would be reassuring in some ways if Luzon isn’t sacked, as it would potentially demonstrate an awareness that it isn’t his fault from the owner. I honestly doubt the owner would come to that conclusion though. After all – whose fault would it then be?

• I rate Luzon, good guy with the clubs best interests! Clearly is passionate about things too just been let down by poor funding! JBG must be fuming he fell for KM's claim that they would be ambitious
  • se9addick said:

It's not really a predicament, if he gets sacked he gets sacked. You'd never heard of Luzon before he was hired and you won't have heard of his replacement. It will just be some other guy trying to make square pegs fit into round holes.

I thought initially that RD was trying to prove that you could build a sustainable model in the Championship, four full time managers (maybe five soon) later and I was obviously very wrong but I only care about Charlton Athletic and have very little sympathy for the "predicament" that anyone who chooses to work for RD finds themselves in - particularly if you'd worked under him previously.

This is the big worry for me. Who knows what name awaits. I still support GL. I think he is a good manager and we've seen some good performances under him. Where and why that has disappeared is obviously a worry. Even more of a worry is the fact that the next man in will likely be part of this ever successful network we seem to be part of.

Basically it's all becoming a bit too predictable. If we get rid of Luzon, then RD & KM will look like idiots given the fanfare and statements put out upon his arrival. However, RD will probably not care and we'll move onto hoping the next guy in is 'the one'. KM will do the damage limitation exercise with the press release etc. I just want to start winning again :( hopefully with GL at the helm
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

se9addick said:

This is the big worry for me. Who knows what name awaits. I still support GL. I think he is a good manager coach and we've seen some good performances under him. Where and why that has disappeared is obviously a worry. Even more of a worry is the fact that the next man in will likely be part of this ever successful network we seem to be part of.

Basically it's all becoming a bit too predictable. If we get rid of Luzon, then RD & KM will look like idiots given the fanfare and statements put out upon his arrival. However, RD will probably not care and we'll move onto hoping the next guy in is 'the one'. KM will do the damage limitation exercise with the press release etc. I just want to start winning again :( hopefully with GL at the helm
    Therein lies the problem, if he was manager then the ridiculous thin squad could be laid at his door, but as the coach I just kinda feel sorry for him....
  • I’m sure K.M. and R.D would publicly support G.L.’s predicament.
    It was their policy of living within a budget, that we now find ourselves with a small squad hit with injuries, suspensions and a poor run of results.
    The never ending injury situation and the loss of form is baffling.
    It would probably be a backroom revolt by the players – the same kind of revolt that hastened the removal of Big Bob to give K.M. the excuse to sack G.L.
  • There was going to be a players revolt but most of them were sick and injured,
    and the rest were in the team anyway !
  • If we break it down... if we look at the whole thing from Fair Play monies, to a network solution, to the players brought in, the players sold, the youth... the only conclusion is Roland is boring us to tears, wasting out time and doesn't understand the financial reality of the league we are in, or he does understand but is refusing to get involved, probably the later.

It's strange, maybe he is researching, maybe he wants to KNOW that he can't do it on a show string and slowly add over a few seasons... so next year we spend a bit more and the year after and so on... so that he gets us where we need to go at the cheapest possible price... hang on, that might be it ...

• Idiots do not come to mind when I think of those two.
  • A pair of Andy Hunts is a bit harsh Elfsborg , we've got a nice pitch ,shiny seats and an impressive training ground facility going up soon , that's ths sort of stuff I dreamt about happening for our club as I was growing up don't you know

Andy Hunts?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• A pair of Andy Hunts is a bit harsh Elfsborg , we've got a nice pitch ,shiny seats and an impressive training ground facility going up soon , that's ths sort of stuff I dreamt about happening for our club as I was growing up don't you know

You forgot the new scoreboard.

And a sofa
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

A pair of Andy Hunts is a bit harsh Elfsborg , we've got a nice pitch ,shiny seats and an impressive training ground facility going up soon , that's ths sort of stuff I dreamt about happening for our club as I was growing up don't you know

And a sofa
    And programme sellers.
  • I hope Guy gets lots of backing and support from the crowd tonight, he's going to need it!
  • edited October 2015
    I feel sorry for GL. His three main strikers have misfired or been injured and he hasn't had a proper goalkeeper all season. He should have strengthened RB and centre back, however
  • I think Guy has shown us what he can potentially do with the squad when everyone is fit....sadly managers rarely get that luxury (although admittedly most have a slightly bigger squad)

I really like Guy and don't see how anyone else could do better with the squad we have at the moment.
  • se9addick said:

A pair of Andy Hunts is a bit harsh Elfsborg , we've got a nice pitch ,shiny seats and an impressive training ground facility going up soon , that's ths sort of stuff I dreamt about happening for our club as I was growing up don't you know

And a sofa
    And programme sellers.
    Ha I walked down Floyd Road against Fulham 20 minutes to kick off & from the top of the road to the ground there was ONE programme seller
  • se9addick said:

And a sofa
    And programme sellers.
    Ha I walked down Floyd Road against Fulham 20 minutes to kick off & from the top of the road to the ground there was ONE programme seller
    One more than last season.
  • I hope Guy gets lots of backing and support from the crowd tonight, he's going to need it!

Perhaps a 100% Luzon banner?
  • welcome back seriouly red
    we've missed your mainly crazy positive outlook on all things Charlton
  • i really don't care if he stays or go! nothing will change!