Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next 2 home games

Comments

• 1st time in a long while im sat at my desk wondering why the hell I bothered going Saturday, its becoming a chore to have to go, not bothering to go on Tuesday as I have an appointment early Wednesday morning and just cant be bothered getting home at 11.30 after losing to Preston, will be there Saturday though.
  • I only go to the Tuesday night home matches now.

Honestly, I am not expecting anything special and am hoping we don't concede first because they will be hard to break down.

Atmosphere will be like number 3.
  • HandG said:

According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points. May even be the first depending.. So if the players are on his side then they will give their all, as for the fans... It'll be a mix of all 3. All depends who scores first I'd say.

Does that mean we already have a new manager lined up? Roland was really quick to act last time around.
    Dave Jones and Paul Jewell are still out of work....
    Uwe Rosler as well now!
  • I think tomorrow night is a 'must win' game, take the pressure slightly off Saturday if we do win.

lose tomorrow and I think he might go
  • I can officially tell you that shit was bad when we lost 2-5 at home to Sheffield United. That was a poor squad.
  • Next two games are both 'winnable'....but we were saying that before the Rotherham & Huddersfield games....would take 4 points if it was offered now.
  • I can officially tell you that shit was bad when we lost 2-5 at home to Sheffield United. That was a poor squad.

Was that the game that cost Parkinson his job ?
  • se9addick said:

I can officially tell you that shit was bad when we lost 2-5 at home to Sheffield United. That was a poor squad.

That was Pardew's last game. Parky lost 4-2 at home to a Charlie Austin-inspired Swindon before he was given his papers.
  • MrLargo said:

se9addick said:

I can officially tell you that shit was bad when we lost 2-5 at home to Sheffield United. That was a poor squad.

That was Pardew's last game. Parky lost 4-2 at home to a Charlie Austin-inspired Swindon before he was given his papers.
    That's right, cheers.

God there's been some bad performances over the last few years. Just remember 6-0 at Barnsley and it makes things slightly better.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points. May even be the first depending.. So if the players are on his side then they will give their all, as for the fans... It'll be a mix of all 3. All depends who scores first I'd say.

I'm actually really despondent if that's true. Up until now I have been pretty much in the RD camp but to me it's clear that Guy has been starved of sufficient quality in numbers to make things work. If RD wants to run a squad with the strength in depth we currently have then a huge amount of luck is needed and already we havnt had that.

Firing GL would prove to me that RD is not either at all knowledgable enough about football to be trusted with my club and vain enough to shift the blame whenever it suits.

Not a great combination. The wind is changing.

• se9addick said:

Pardew.
  • Parky, Pardew, does it matter? One in the same. Parky was a Pardew clone and just as bad. Took us down with a whimper. Some of the performances towards the end of that relegation season were woeful. Saturday by comparison was dynamic and exciting.

• I was talking from a footballing prospective, not their merits as people. As a manager Parky was a disaster. When he took over we were a couple of points from safety and yet we went down with a whimper, without a fight. Nice guy, crap Manager.
  • Tuesday has 0-0 written all over it.

No sadly if history is anything to go by in a game like this, it will be 1-2.

And I can tell you how it will happen.

Game will kick off at a Valley that has swathes of empty seats in a completely flat atmosphere. Charlton's opening 20 mins will reflect that atmosphere with little pace or urgency about their play. After 20 mins Preston will score which will start the abuse for the players off. Then shortly before half time Preston will get a second and the teams will go off to loud booing.

At the start of the second half, Charlton will up their tempo for 10 minutes or so before slipping back into their error prone first half display. And that's how it will continue until 5 mins from the end when Charlton score. After that they will attack with a huge intensity and urgency which if they had shown throughout the game would surely have resulted in a win. No equaliser will come and we'll all go home completely fed up with the fact that the team only played for 5 minutes at the end.

Seen it so many times in games like this.

• Sponsored links:

• Tuesday has 0-0 written all over it.

No sadly if history is anything to go by in a game like this, it will be 1-2.

And I can tell you how it will happen.

Game will kick off at a Valley that has swathes of empty seats in a completely flat atmosphere. Charlton's opening 20 mins will reflect that atmosphere with little pace or urgency about their play. After 20 mins Preston will score which will start the abuse for the players off. Then shortly before half time Preston will get a second and the teams will go off to loud booing.

At the start of the second half, Charlton will up their tempo for 10 minutes or so before slipping back into their error prone first half display. And that's how it will continue until 5 mins from the end when Charlton score. After that they will attack with a huge intensity and urgency which if they had shown throughout the game would surely have resulted in a win. No equaliser will come and we'll all go home completely fed up with the fact that the team only played for 5 minutes at the end.

Seen it so many times in games like this.

So, it will be like most other games this season?
  • edited October 2015

According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points. May even be the first depending.. So if the players are on his side then they will give their all, as for the fans... It'll be a mix of all 3. All depends who scores first I'd say.

I'm actually really despondent if that's true. Up until now I have been pretty much in the RD camp but to me it's clear that Guy has been starved of sufficient quality in numbers to make things work. If RD wants to run a squad with the strength in depth we currently have then a huge amount of luck is needed and already we havnt had that.

Firing GL would prove to me that RD is not either at all knowledgable enough about football to be trusted with my club and vain enough to shift the blame whenever it suits.

I think it's not too farfetched to believe either, Roland doesn't know enough about football (read one of his first interviews when he bought the club to back me up on this - I don't have enough time to dig it up) to see the forest through the trees. If results aren't happening, he will swap the coach.

It is a really big shame. It's becoming beyond farcical and from a little research I saw it coming a mile off. I hope GL can win the next 2, if not for us but for himself. Although if he is to get sacked I'm not going to feel too sorry for him - he signed up to this merry go round ownership.
  • edited October 2015

I think it's not too farfetched to believe either, Roland doesn't know enough about football (read one of his first interviews when he bought the club to back me up on this - I don't have enough time to dig it up) to see the forest through the trees. If results aren't happening, he will swap the coach.

It is a really big shame. It's becoming beyond farcical and from a little research I saw it coming a mile off. I hope GL can win the next 2, if not for us but for himself. Although if he is to get sacked I'm not going to feel too sorry for him - he signed up to this merry go round ownership.
    Surely RD must realise that if he does sack GL the quality of manager that will be willing to replace him will reduce as no one wants a job that is difficult with the sack if you don't perform miracles.
  • edited October 2015

Going to both games and hope we win both.

Yes, I'm not happy about a lot of things relating to how the club is being run but I want to see my team play. I'm looking forward to both games.

Not criticising anyone else who isn't there for whatever reason, you're choice but there is a wider issue.

KM and RD need to be aware that the opposite of love isn't hate but indifference.

It's when people stop complaining/moaning/asking for change that KM needs to really worry. When we complain it's because we care, regardless of how reasonable or unreasonable those complaints might be.

When we the fans stop complaining that doesn't automatically mean that they are happy, they may well have lost interest, lost the will be keep going and KM, you've lost them, you've lost the money they bring in (when this year's ST runs out), you've lost the children and friends they bring along.

They either don't know this, they don't realise it is happening or they don't care. In any event they must know that attendances are falling, even if season ticket sales have boosted the attendance figures they declare.

I am, personally, trying my hardest to still care like I used to. It feels like a failing relationship that is close to the point of no return. You keep trying to jump start the love/interest/passion but keep failing.

I have to confess that my own personal circumstances are probably playing a big part in how I feel. Since the summer of 2012 my wife has decided to call it a day and we have separated, I have moved house twice and I now have (since the summer of 2013) my son living with me full time on my own (which I couldn't be happier about). If everyone else was enjoying their Charlton experience as much as they ever have then I'd assume it was me and that I would, eventually, come back to the fold, or move on (unlikely), but as there are many more like me that sound disenchanted I have to assume it's more deep rooted than that.

I am not, in any way at all, advocating missing games. I, as silly as this sounds, would love to be desperate to go tomorrow night but with my Dad away and no baby sitter for my son I have insufficient activation energy to get me moving.
  • Going to both games and hope we win both.

Yes, I'm not happy about a lot of things relating to how the club is being run but I want to see my team play. I'm looking forward to both games.

Not criticising anyone else who isn't there for whatever reason, your choice but there is a wider issue.

KM and RD need to be aware that the opposite of love isn't hate but indifference.

It's when people stop complaining/moaning/asking for change that KM needs to really worry. When we complain it's because we care, regardless of how reasonable or unreasonable those complaints might be.

When the fans stop complaining that doesn't automatically mean that they are happy, they may well have lost interest, lost the will be keep going and KM, you've lost them, you've lost the money they bring in (when this year's ST runs out), you've lost the children and friends they bring along.

Unfortunately, with our list of injuries and bad results, they may soon find out.
  • Parky was a good manager. He did really well with no money. Done amazing with Bradford and Colchester too. Not having this anti-parky nonsense
  • I'm going to the funeral of and old and dear friend tomorrow afternoon, then I have a taxi picking me up at 4AM on Wednesday to get a flight home. I hope the team make it worth my while...
  • I'm going to the funeral of and old and dear friend tomorrow afternoon, then I have a taxi picking me up at 4AM on Wednesday to get a flight home. I hope the team make it worth my while...

That's got bad day all over it. Hope they do it for you.
  • Well I am looking forward to tomorrow. Pre match beers and a game at The Valley under the floodlights against poor opposition meaning we will stroll to a comfortable victory. Meanwhile taking advantage of the Bet365 in play special offer bet to improve my bank balance.

What is not to like.