Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next 2 home games

As it seems to happen every season what's going to come first with the fans.

1. Everyone gets behind the team and cheers them on to 3 points like what happened at Cardiff that one time 50 years ago.

2. Crowd gets poisonous when we go a couple of goals down early.

3. A new one. No one really giving a shit anymore and just keeping quiet cos they are getting bored of seeing the same old shit being recycled season after season.

Comments

• I'd prefer one, but three world worry me more than two if I'm honest.
  • According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points. May even be the first depending.. So if the players are on his side then they will give their all, as for the fans... It'll be a mix of all 3. All depends who scores first I'd say.
  • According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points. May even be the first depending.. So if the players are on his side then they will give their all, as for the fans... It'll be a mix of all 3. All depends who scores first I'd say.

To be honest even with our injury/suspension problems we should be beating Preston - we are definitely on for relegation if we lose home games to Huddersfield, Rotherham & Preston.
  • I should be there Tuesday, so don't hold your breath on a good outcome...
  • Tuesday has 0-0 written all over it.
  • se9addick said:

According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points. May even be the first depending.. So if the players are on his side then they will give their all, as for the fans... It'll be a mix of all 3. All depends who scores first I'd say.

To be honest even with our injury/suspension problems we should be beating Preston - we are definitely on for relegation if we lose home games to Huddersfield, Rotherham & Preston.
    As much as I'd like to agree, we are both 8 without a win - no position to say anything about them with or without injuries. It'll be a game neither want to lose, may be an absolute shocker..
  • Tuesday has 0-0 written all over it.

Was thinking that too Beds, but I fear PNE will get an early goal and sit on it. We'll huff and puff but won't be able to break them down, leaving us all going home frustrated........again!
  • I'll beat both

Looking forward to valley action, regardless of context

Coyr
  • Nicholas said:

1. Everyone gets behind the team and cheers them on to 3 points like what happened at Cardiff that one time 50 years ago.

3. A new one. No one really giving a shit anymore and just keeping quiet cos they are getting bored of seeing the same old shit being recycled season after season.

4. Fans so fed up they choose to stay home and give it a miss.

Sadly I'm number 4 right now. Something that I wouldn't have believed if you'd told me two (or more) years ago.

I'll, probably, go on Saturday but I'm not traipsing up to the Valley, from Maidstone, midweek to watch us fail to beat another relegation struggler.

I'd rather watch the scores come through on the Sky Sports app (just like Teletext from the 80s).

Pretty much sums up my enthusiasm right now.
  • I'll beat both

Coyr

Love valley action, better than that Geordie shore show
  • Sponsored links:

• Not expecting many more fans that this tbh:

Of course, it will be reported as 15k+.
  • se9addick said:

According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points. May even be the first depending.. So if the players are on his side then they will give their all, as for the fans... It'll be a mix of all 3. All depends who scores first I'd say.

Why should we be beating any teams when we are in the run of form we're on at the moment?
    Defensively Preston seem solid so if we go one down I'm expecting another defeat.
  • Failure to win at least one of these will set the tone for the rest of the season.

I always feel that after 13-14 games, you have played a good mix of sides and that you should have a fair reflection of where you are at.

4-6 points from the next two games, should leave us around mid table, where we could hopefully stay for the rest of the season.

1-2 points would leave us in the bottom six, where I think we would struggle to escape from tbh.

Does that mean we already have a new manager lined up? Roland was really quick to act last time around.

Does that mean we already have a new manager lined up? Roland was really quick to act last time around.
    I get the impression he always has somebody lined up.
  • I'll be atboth

Coyr
  • edited October 2015

Nicholas said:

4. Fans so fed up they choose to stay home and give it a miss.

Sadly I'm number 4 right now. Something that I wouldn't have believed if you'd told me two (or more) years ago.

I'll, probably, go on Saturday but I'm not traipsing up to the Valley, from Maidstone, midweek to watch us fail to beat another relegation struggler.

I'd rather watch the scores come through on the Sky Sports app (just like Teletext from the 80s).

Pretty much sums up my enthusiasm right now.
    Same here. After the snorefest at Reading, I just can't be bothered.

• Sponsored links:

• Cant believe some of the comments on here. Can only think you were not around when we were really shit, and we were really shit quite often.

Really? Watched since 1968 and in my view has only possibly been worse on the playing side in terms of lack of excitement, players ability and passion in 1978/80, 2008/10 and perhaps 1971/3. All opinion I know but this squad of dross has got to be down there with the worst?
  • Leuth said:

Squad of dross? Oh please

Ok fair enough. Dross squad.
  • 3 sadly

2 MASSIVE games in our season
  • According to someone I trust within/around the club, the next 2 home games are Luzon's last if we don't pick up sufficient points.

Define sufficient points?
  • ''For that Cardiff game we had the likes of Chris Powell, Johnnie Jackson, Michael Morrison, Ben Hamer, Kermorgant etc - that 'golden' team that the fans loved and would always respect.''

Quote from above, best comment so far. Think the etc was Dale Stephens and Danny Haynes (when he was fit).
    Sadly we won't see a team like that until these Belgian clowns sell up!
  • Brilliant post KHA.
  • For me it's not the quality of the squad. It might have nothing to do with the current set up. I appreciate that it has been worse, but it has also been a lot better.

When I was about ten I got a Sinclair ZX81 for Christmas. I have to tell you it was amazing and all my friends just wanted to come over to play Football Manager on it with me. I spend hours and hours playing it. Anyone that knows what a ZX81 is will understand those that don't, google it. Now as much as I loved it I have since had 'replacements' including much more recently iPads and iPhones.

During the 80s we were, indeed, a little rubbish. We won promotion to the 1st Division in 1986 and had four wonderful years in the top flight of English football. Then we had a long campaign to get back to The Valley, then we developed the stadium, then won promotion.

In the early 2000s we had a team that could match anyone in the land (albeit we normally lost to the very big clubs), full of players that had been with us for years and had an affiliation with the club and us with them. We had stability through a Manager that was almost unsackable and a board that was made up of Charlton fans with the same dreams as us and invited us (as fans) to be involved with the running of the club and certainly shared with us their vision and gave us the impression that we are all in it together. The phrase that Lewis Hamilton uses a lot is very apt here: 'We win together, we lose together!'

Tomorrow night we face Preston in a desperate game that we need to win and are ill prepared for (small squad with injuries). Of course I want us to win but like last season, when we went on a run of defeats with just a couple of players in the squad that had played more than 50 games for us, I don't feel it in the same way.

I'm not a glory boy but just like you won't catch me attaching my old ZX81 to the 50" flatscreen, I can't get motivated to rush around to find a babysitter for my son, leave early enough that I have to have a take away (or take sandwiches), drive for best part of an hour each way and sit on my own (as my dad is away) in the cold to see us struggle to beat a pants Preston side that ten years ago we would have beaten with a reserve team in the League Cup. Actually scrub that last sentence - we, even then, used to lose to the lower league sides in the cups.

Great post KHA