Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is Boris Johnson best at

Comments

• Fucking up the Cab trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only the Cab trade but London in general. This cycle superhighway bollocks and the hundreds of millions it has cost has made London a joke. Crime is up, gun crime up, knife crime up, violent crime up.....I would much rather he would have "upped" the police budget rather than fuck about with a "garden footbridge " the cable cars, and taking half of the most important roads in London for a cycle lane that the cyclists will not even have to use!?
    He is one big useless "chump" (and I really wanted to put something else!!!)
  • I think an awful lot of people are under estimating just how clever and driven this man is. I'm not saying he will be next prime minister but he's going to run George close.
  • I think an awful lot of people are under estimating just how clever and driven this man is. I'm not saying he will be next prime minister but he's going to run George close.

He plays very well in the country generally. I don't know if the Tories will elect their next leader in Corbynesque style, if they do, then Boris will score very highly (unless his enemies in the Tory ranks and media give him a good kicking as only friends can), if the next leader is selected by a more narrow electorate, then Boris won't beat Smirking Osbourne.
  • Wasn't Ian Duncan Smith elected by the wider party? They didn't make that mistake again
  • Carter said:

This thread may as well been titled - 'lefties of Charlton Life, come on down'.

It was an open goal for them.

I think the guy is a grade A embarrassment.

Would you think I'm a leftie? Would you not think it's possible for conservative supporters to think he is a prick?
    This is it, at best he is an amusing bumbling shabby haired village idiot. Who has the cunning to have manoeuvred himself into a high profile role as mayor of the capital.

Like I said before I ain't buying this loveable buffoon stuff. He is a corrupt, conniving posh boy who inject AIDS into a family member and giggle about it if he thought it gave him an opportunity.

He is cunning, conniving and clever, this isn't unique in politicians by the nature of what they do its part of the job for them. That is why they are all, barring a very, very small minority impossible to trust.

I'm pretty apathetic towards politicians but I know how the world works. Boris Johnson is fine as a stooge for a job like mayor of London he gives good soundbites and rugby tackles germans and we all love him. When he's trying to stick an airport in kent marshland or flogging off taxpayer funded assets to west ham he's as dirty as the next one
    maybe the point is, what does it say about us? after all we voted him in!
  • vffvff
    edited October 2015

Carter said:

This thread may as well been titled - 'lefties of Charlton Life, come on down'.

It was an open goal for them.

I think the guy is a grade A embarrassment.

Would you think I'm a leftie? Would you not think it's possible for conservative supporters to think he is a prick?
    This is it, at best he is an amusing bumbling shabby haired village idiot. Who has the cunning to have manoeuvred himself into a high profile role as mayor of the capital.

Like I said before I ain't buying this loveable buffoon stuff. He is a corrupt, conniving posh boy who inject AIDS into a family member and giggle about it if he thought it gave him an opportunity.

He is cunning, conniving and clever, this isn't unique in politicians by the nature of what they do its part of the job for them. That is why they are all, barring a very, very small minority impossible to trust.

I'm pretty apathetic towards politicians but I know how the world works. Boris Johnson is fine as a stooge for a job like mayor of London he gives good soundbites and rugby tackles germans and we all love him. When he's trying to stick an airport in kent marshland or flogging off taxpayer funded assets to west ham he's as dirty as the next one
    maybe the point is, what does it say about us? after all we voted him in!
    I think that you may need to speak for yourself there and those others that did !

Boris is good at acting that he is not that clever, whilst being cleverer than the bumbling persona that he tries to portray. Fortunately he is not as clever as he thinks he is. He only beat Ken Livingstone as Ken Livingstone lost his sense of humour in dealing with his critics / Evening Standard and by the smear campaign that was run against Lee Jasper, Livingstone's Deputy. Politics in this country is a grubby and manipulative business.

I don't know enough of Tory inside politics and some have suggested that Johnson is not popular with the Tory hierarchy. He does appear to be popular with the constituency parties. The next Tory leader contest does appear to be Osbourne's to lose.

Boris Johnson should not be underestimated in a contest and it will be a lot closer than people may think.
  • Absolutely nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• 28. Not paying tax in US despite holding a US passport and being obliged to fill out us tax return. Has 'being a twat' been mentioned?
  • edited October 2015

28. Not paying tax in US despite holding a US passport and being obliged to fill out us tax return. Has 'being a twat' been mentioned?

'Being a twat' goes without saying.

• 28. Not paying tax in US despite holding a US passport and being obliged to fill out us tax return. Has 'being a twat' been mentioned?

He can't hold an US passport surely. We have already had 3 US polititions run our country, Bush 1 and 2 and Clinton we can't allow another

He can't hold an US passport surely. We have already had 3 US polititions run our country, Bush 1 and 2 and Clinton we can't allow another
    He was born there so it's entirely possible.
  • cafcfan said:

28. Not paying tax in US despite holding a US passport and being obliged to fill out us tax return. Has 'being a twat' been mentioned?

He was born there so it's entirely possible.
    He has dual citizenship.
  • Being a Prat
  • Interesting how political party allegiance influences some people. I think the saying that you could put a pig in a safe seat and it would still win is correct. However, I would predict that there are a load of Tories who find him utterly embarrassing, like Labour votes and Diane Abbott for example!
  • Hmm this is one of the toughest questions I've seen on this forum and it's got most people stumped. I can't spend too much more time trying to find the answer as I've got an important letter to write to the Archbishop of Canterbury. Can I suggest the following:

1) Impregnating the wrong people
    2) Winding most people up
    3) The inability to construct a coherent sentence
    4) Not having the will to find a decent barber
    5) Being a Twat (may have been mentioned already)

Carry on!

If only he were ginger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every day is another day closer until bo Jo is pm!
  • Above link doesn't seem to work but well worth a watch. Search for Andrew Marr Boris Johnson.
  • If/when Boris Johnson becomes PM,
    Will he be the first immigrant to become Prime minister ?
    As his Grandfather and Great Grandfather were Turkish.
    Osman Kemal changed his name to Johnny Johnson to help
    himself to get on in England and the USA.
    Great grand daddy was Ali Kemal Bey, a Turkish Journalist killed
    during the Turkish war of Independent.

Maybe Windsor isn't the Royal family real name,
    and they changed it from a German name 100 years ago to protect themselves
    from being interned ?

As if the British People were that Stupid and would fall for that old trick.

Gordon Brown was Prime Minister recently.
  • IA said:

If/when Boris Johnson becomes PM,

Gordon Brown was Prime Minister recently.
    Are you Jocking !

As his Grandfather and Great Grandfather were Turkish.
    Osman Kemal changed his name to Johnny Johnson to help
    himself to get on in England and the USA.
    Great grand daddy was Ali Kemal Bey, a Turkish Journalist killed
    during the Turkish war of Independent.

Maybe Windsor isn't the Royal family real name,
    and they changed it from a German name 100 years ago to protect themselves
    from being interned ?

As if the British People were that Stupid and would fall for that old trick.

Andrew Bonar Law was born in Canada - does that count?
  • Benjamin Disraeli had Italian Jewish grandparents.

Churchill was 50% American
  • Duke of Wellington and Earl of Shelburne were both born in Ireland before it became part of the UK. Bonar Law in New Brunswick while it was a colony.

No previous Prime Minister has been born in another sovereign nation.