Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton boss discusses the trip to Reading and provides injury update

2»

Comments

• The injuries are almost beyond bad luck now. There must be something amiss with training techniques, or fitness drills etc.

Same as Liverpool who've lost Ings and Gomez in a week?

Maybe it is the training or the physios or the two small squad or buying players with existing injury issues or overplaying players with injuries or just bad luck.
    September/October is a bit early for players to be suffering from a small squad though? We're not exactly in mid winter with alternating boggy and rock hard pitches. Our squads in the early 90s were if anything smaller
  • Any one else notice how many players slip over now compared to years ago ? The pitches are over watered now and i'm sure this is adding to the Pressure on the knees and hamstrings ?

There seems us many injuries in football now as Rugby union.
    Not just CAFC, if you check on other clubs.
  • All i want is a Charlton boss that lasts in the post for at least a year, including a whole season. The problem is, is that we go through one bad run of form and you all start booing.
  • All i want is a Charlton boss that lasts in the post for at least a year, including a whole season. The problem is, is that we go through one bad run of form and you all start booing.

No "we all" don't. SOME of "you" do (since you're a fan too)
  • Interesting comments by Glen Murray today regarding the number of players recently suffering knee ligament injuries, most of them have worn Nike boots, he said with the pitches these days (I assumed he meant firmer, grassier longer) might not be conducive to the modern day footballer or their boots (Nike) It will be very interesting to find out if there is anything in his claims.
  • Luzon also defended Nick Pope after the keeper was criticised for his mistake against Fulham last week.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/13875043.Luzon_defends_Charlton_star_despite_costly_error/
  • Luzon also defended Nick Pope after the keeper was criticised for his mistake against Fulham last week.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/13875043.Luzon_defends_Charlton_star_despite_costly_error/

“We don’t judge players after one mistake". True. But it's hardly just one mistake is it? I will never boo one of our own but Pope has cost us way more points than he has gained us this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting comments by Glen Murray today regarding the number of players recently suffering knee ligament injuries, most of them have worn Nike boots, he said with the pitches these days (I assumed he meant firmer, grassier longer) might not be conducive to the modern day footballer or their boots (Nike) It will be very interesting to find out if there is anything in his claims.

Something is up with the modern game certainly, there have been too many such injuries recently for it to just be a coincidence
  • I thought Danes were supposed to be 'ard. SM is no Viking. More like Hans Christian Anderson
  • The injuries are almost beyond bad luck now. There must be something amiss with training techniques, or fitness drills etc.

Same as Liverpool who've lost Ings and Gomez in a week?

Maybe it is the training or the physios or the two small squad or buying players with existing injury issues or overplaying players with injuries or just bad luck.
    We have ONE small squad.