Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 Qualification

Comments

• Options
    New Zealand v Peru. Anyone watching?
  • Options

Any strean?
  • Options
    adrian said:

Any strean?
    Yes. www.crickfree.net
  • Options
    0-0 at halftime. Peru look classy on the ball. NZ holding their own.
  • Options
    Cheers.
    Big crowd
  • Options
    adrian said:

Cheers.
    Big crowd

Yep. Full house.
  • Options
    Why didn't wood start?
  • Options
    0-0 final score. Wood came on for final 10 minutes and forced a save with first touch of the ball - a free kick. Don't really fancy kiwi chances on Thiursday morning in Peru. Great atmosphere in Wellington. Biggest crowd ever to watch a football match in NZ - over 37,000 with the additional seating.
  • Options
    Pubs were rammed in Auckland. I'd underestimated the interest in it.
  • Options
    Size does not always matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    adrian said:

Size does not always matter.

You tell yourself that :wink::wink:
  • Options
    Decent result for New Zealand all things considered. Peru still favourites but the Kiwis will be glad they're still in the tie after the first game.
  • Options
    So Saturday has arrived and my train tickets for Shrewsbury are in my pocket.
    But instead of ten of us traveling for what should have been a good Day out I am stuck at home.
    To make matters worse Mrs.Blackpool has insisted that we take the grandkids to the cinema to watch Paddington bear.

I fu@$$g hate international breaks.
  • Options

Decent result for New Zealand all things considered. Peru still favourites but the Kiwis will be glad they're still in the tie after the first game.

Agree. A goal for Peru would have totally killed the tie. As it is the All Whites still have a (slim) chance of progressing to the WC Finals.

I watched it on a live stream and thought it was a decent game despite the 0-0 scoreline.

Now for Denmark to do the business later and its been a good weekend.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Why didn't wood start?

He was carrying a slight injury I believe (hamstring).
  • Options
    Ivory Coast in big trouble. 0-2 down at home to Morocco who only need a draw.
  • Options
    Come on Denmark, hopefully they can get a couple of goals before the second leg
  • Options

What an awesome double save from Randolph though!!
  • Options

What an awesome double save from Randolph though!!
    He's really become a decent 'keeper
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Morocco through, Ivory Coast out.

Tunisia through by the skin of their teeth (0-0 home draw with Libya), Congo out (did what they needed to do, 3-1 win).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Northern Ireland or Switzerland (12th Nov)
    2. Croatia or Greece (12th Nov)
    3. Italy or Sweden (13th Nov)
    4. Ireland or Denmark (11th & 14th Nov)
    5. Tunisia or Congo
    6. Morocco or Ivory Coast
    7. Senegal or Burkina Faso or Cape Verde or South Africa
    8. New Zealand or Peru (15th Nov)
    9. Honduras or Australia (15th Nov)

• Options
    edited November 2017
    DR Congo gave up a 2-0 lead on Tunisia back in September by conceding twice in two minutes near the end of the game.

If they'd held that lead, they'd be at the World Cup.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=276412/match=300367103/index.html#
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    0-0 between Ireland and Denmark. Who will be happier with that? Denmark IMO. An away goal in the next leg puts them at a big advantage.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

0-0 between Ireland and Denmark. Who will be happier with that? Denmark IMO. An away goal in the next leg puts them at a big advantage.

I agree. Ireland offered next to nothing tonight and Denmark won’t play that badly again.

Another 0-0 and pens is the only way I see Ireland getting through.
  • Options
    Apart from Croatia smashing Greece these play offs are really tense, understandably no side wants to give anything away.

NZ 0 Peru 0
    Honduras 0 Australia 0
    Denmark 0 Ireland 0
    NI 0 Switzerland 1
    Sweden 1 Italy 0

Hopefully the 2nd legs are a bit more exciting.
  • Options

Do away goals count extra if tie is level? I hate that rule
  • Options

I think Ireland, they didn't appear to even want to score a goal last night - it was all about protecting the 0 and turning it into, effectively, a one leg play-off in front of a packed Aviva Stadium in Dublin. They've achieved that but I cannot see them beating the Danes unless something dramatic changes between now and the second leg.
  • Options

Do away goals count extra if tie is level? I hate that rule
    Generally, i think its a very good rule - brought in in the early days of the 2 legged European cup games to try to entice away sides (mostly Italian) out of their own half and not parking the bus looking for a 0-0. It does make for a more entertaining game normally.
  • Options
    Magennis starts on the bench for Northern Ireland...

10 mins played, 0-0 (1-0 on agg).