Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading v Charlton | Sat 17 Oct | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited October 2015

To be honest all I think we need is just one win and I think we'll put a good run together just like late February and early March 2015.

I agree with you. Its a shame we go on utter slumps as it ruins any chance of a challenge. Need to sort out these awful rock bottom of the league form months with a couple of players.
  • Luzon says he's confident going into the match.

He's also provided an injury update and commented on Johnnie Jackson's role against Reading.

Link here:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/13872641.Charlton_boss_confident_ahead_of_Reading_trip_despite_injury_woes/
  • Why no mention of Kashi in the injury update? Total mystery. Can't quite see why some of these injuries are taking so long to clear up. Ceballos's injury didn't look all that bad. What's up with Igor now? Bah humbug.

At least 2-0 to Reading, maybe far worse.
  • Pedro45 said:

No big Mak on Saturday according to Guy in the presser.

No Mak, Reza, Igor, Ceballos, plus others he cannot remember
  • edited October 2015
    We are the architects of our own downfall with that injury list and small squad, rotation not an option and our pre-season was incredibly poor, so at the same time it is easy to feel sorry for Luzon, it's also not, as signing up to the RD journey of course he won't make life easy for you. Also we can barely add Reza to our injury list, we've tried him fully fit and he was inept in this league hence why he flew off elsewhere as he couldn't hack it.

Anyway to the game, 2-0 or 2-1 loss. It's quite obvious Reading will dictate and dominate the play, and our defence now cannot keep teams out, so it's more a matter of time than IF, I would say here. Even if I could start Jackson I'm not sure I would, it'll be good to have his grit in centre park but our midfield is going to be run around from Readings ever moving adaptable midfield, I'd of wanted him to have plenty more games under his belt this season than a small cameo last match.
  • 3 crocked strikers out of 5 in the squad and no suggestion of reinforcements. The thinking will be to pack the midfield and hope that Pope does not drop one in the net.
    0-3
  • edited October 2015

If Hendo is back we'll keep a clean sheet.

Luzon says injury list is the same so it looks like Pope will carry on.
  • The Addicks chief did admit that captain Johnnie Jackson - who came off the bench to help rescue a 2-2 draw against Fulham - with feature in the Championship encounter.
    But there is no return for keeper Stephen Henderson, attacker Cristian Ceballos or frontmen Simon Makienok and Igor Vetokele.
    Reza Ghoochannejhad (knee) is back in training but might not be risked.
  • ross1 said:

The Addicks chief did admit that captain Johnnie Jackson - who came off the bench to help rescue a 2-2 draw against Fulham - with feature in the Championship encounter.
    But there is no return for keeper Stephen Henderson, attacker Cristian Ceballos or frontmen Simon Makienok and Igor Vetokele.

Where's the Henderson quote mate ?
  • If Hendo is back we'll keep a clean sheet.

Luzon says injury list is the same so it looks like Pope will carry on.
    Unless he doesnt want Reading guessing his team...
  • Sponsored links:

• It's likely to be a game of two halves. No sitting on the fence for me this week. If we can score early goals and keep Reading out, I can only see one result. On the other hand, if both teams score the same number of goals, it looks like a banker draw. Don't be surprised though if Reading come out with all guns blazing or, perhaps, with no guns blazing, but take the lead and never look back. A predictable outcome, I suspect.
  • I can't see any reason to be optimistic about this game. We are thin in numbers and on a bad run and Reading are at home and in decent form. More woe. 3 - 1
  • I can't see any reason to be optimistic about this game. We are thin in numbers and on a bad run and Reading are at home and in decent form. More woe. 3 - 1

.....at half-time.
  • edited October 2015
    This is me at 17.00 on Saturday...

• They'll be buzzing from beating Boro but hopefully they'll get a bit cocky ;)
  • This is me at 17.00 on Saturday...
    Didn't know you supported Reading

• I actually think we're on the cusp of a good run, but it will come after Saturday...

Reading 3-1 CAFC
  • Heavy loss 4 or 5 nil. The gap between the two sides will be evident sadly.
  • Heavy loss 4 or 5 nil. The gap between the two sides will be evident sadly.

I think we will be beaten easily although not sure by an avalanche of goals.
  • Good preview that. I'll go 1-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• reading the preview, is Watt injured? - if not surely he starts

Will definitely start.
  • reading the preview, is Watt injured? - if not surely he starts

Will definitely start.
    Originally went for Makienok and Ahearne-Grant because I thought that our Great Dane would be fit again, from Luzon's comments it definitely sounds as though KAG will start and Watt will surely start with him now.

Amended line-up

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Jackson - Cousins - McAleny
    Watt - Ahearne Grant
  • It's likely to be a game of two halves. No sitting on the fence for me this week. If we can score early goals and keep Reading out, I can only see one result. On the other hand, if both teams score the same number of goals, it looks like a banker draw. Don't be surprised though if Reading come out with all guns blazing or, perhaps, with no guns blazing, but take the lead and never look back. A predictable outcome, I suspect.

So you predict either we'll win, they'll win or it'll be a draw...? Hard to argue with those odds
  • If Luzon is telling the truth about injuries, we will play very defensively and try to sneak a goal on the break. This will, predictably, fail and we'll end up losing 3-0.

If, however, he is playing mind games on Reading and we have Hendo and Mak back....it will make very little difference and we'll lose 2-1.
  • se9addick said:

ross1 said:

The Addicks chief did admit that captain Johnnie Jackson - who came off the bench to help rescue a 2-2 draw against Fulham - with feature in the Championship encounter.

Where's the Henderson quote mate ?
    South London Press
  • who scores first wins.

Unless CAFC score first ?

Wolves and Cardiff away !
  • edited October 2015
    To be honest, anything we get tomorrow is a bonus - Reading are the form side in the division at the moment

Tuesday against Preston is the big one - really need to somehow get the three points to keep a gap between ourselves and the bottom three/four
  • To be honest, anything we get tomorrow is a bonus - Reading are the form side in the division at the moment

Tuesday against Preston is the big one - really need to somehow get the three points to keep a gap between ourselves and the bottom three/four

I'm looking at Reading as 'bonus' points, it is vital we do not lose to Preston or Brentford next week, two teams that will be around us for the rest of the season.
  • Let's hope they don't start their home game tomorrow like their last home game against Middlesbrough.
  • Think we will lose heavily. 4-0.