Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading

Me and youngest hopping on a train from Feltham to Reading, how do we get to the stadium (cab, bus....or ?), I am assuming we will be able to walk up for tickets

Comments

• I am assuming we will be able to walk up for tickets

No. Sold out mate.
  • Ha, serious IA ? Thanks CE
  • get a cab bear in mind there is racing at Ascot next week and twickenham has a qauter final on so don't know how busy that will make train, I'm going from Paddington for that reason
  • Bussed it last time but takes a while
  • Bus Sunbury mate. Straight to the ground from outside the station.
  • OK Brendan, seems way to go, cheers
  • Sunbury to Reading by bus??? Are you serious???? Surely you don't want to sit on a bus for circa 2 hours?? Train to Reading and get the stadium special. 3 miles approx to ground. Can't believe I have replied to this, but the thought of that bus LOL
  • Haha Sid, I aint getting no bus from Sunbury, am assuming Brendan meant from Reading station, so doing that, cheers for concern
  • Sunbury to Reading by bus??? Are you serious???? Surely you don't want to sit on a bus for circa 2 hours?? Train to Reading and get the stadium special. 3 miles approx to ground. Can't believe I have replied to this, but the thought of that bus LOL

Don't think anyone said that mate. Bus from the station is what I and everyone else meant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading station > Uber Cab > sorted
  • Easiest to hop on a bus from the station. It's only 2-3 miles but traffic's never good on matchdays. It's a fairly pleasant walk through the town centre and along the banks of the river Kennet if you know where you're going (and an unpleasant one along the A33 relief road if you don't). You can also hire a bike from the station an drop it off at the stadium: similar to a Boris bike. www.readybike.co.u
    uk.
  • have used the buses from the station many times for London Irish games. Never a problem.

The stadium can be really cold as there's a serious gap between the outside walls and the roof.

As there is two of us sounds like the best plan, didn't think they would operate that far from London ? Will be getting uber back to Sunbury from Feltham station

Not if you want to make kick off! Take him hours to find the place, that's if he don't kill you on route whilst staring at his sat nav instead of the road!
  • Why stare at a sat nav listen to it, have never stared at a sat nav in my life.
  • Why stare at a sat nav listen to it, have never stared at a sat nav in my life.

I see these fuckwits doing this every day of the week!!!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Why stare at a sat nav listen to it, have never stared at a sat nav in my life.

I see these fuckwits doing this every day of the week!!!
    Never had a problem with uber, Taxi, they are not liveried how do you know a "fuckwit" is an uber driver ?
  • What always gets me with these type of post is, what the fuck was Google invented for?
    Catch you're uber taxi from the station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair enough robbo, but, I am 53, taking my youngest son (14) and like to plot things out in advance, my phone is not 4g , or whatever it needs to be, didn't know uber operated in Reading, anyway, gonna ask nipper to plot it (prob, he wont schedule a boozer in) , what is wrong with asking for advice on a Charlton forum ? see you there
  • Uber operates nationwide. Fantastic service. If you haven't ever used Uber before, the first ride is free!
  • Uber operates nationwide. Fantastic service. If you haven't ever used Uber before, the first ride is free!

Yeah Nick, but taxi lad reckons they r fuckwits, got my nipper with me
  • Bus it is, might get an uber, if around, Black cab, errr no thanks, got one mortgage thank you
  • I suspect the hint might be in the name: Taxi.

Black cab drivers aren't exactly #1 fans of Uber drivers...

Used the service three or four times myself, never had a complaint.
  • Didn't want to raise the obvious, but you are spot on
  • I think uber is partly an age thing, I'm 22 and everyone I know under 25 that uses a taxi service uses them. I think of black cabs as more the businessman and tourists choice.
  • Helps that you can pay by card and have the price on your phone in advance