Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool sack Rodgers

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Kop Flop Klopp set for Chop
  • Options
    Klopp left Borussia Dortmund after 7 years to take a sabbatical working with intellectually and socially challenged infants.

Otherwise known as Liverpool fans.
  • Options
    Or in Scouse, Yeeerrr-gen K(annoying top of the mouth sound like you're trying to hawk up a loogie)lopp.
  • Options
    This press conference by Klopp is one of the best I've seen. So refreshing having a genuinely charismatic manager in the Premiership.
  • Options
    Just a shame it's at Liverpool.
  • Options
    Klopp still has the same squad of average players Rodgers had, the problem is they can't attract top players because they are not a chmapions league club. Rogers had one "good season" when Suarez was in top form and then he left they went downhill.

Its about players more than who the manager is, i never understand the credit managers get.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

Its about players more than who the manager is, i never understand the credit managers get.

Interesting point but completely wrong. The manager can and usually does have a massive influence on what happens on the pitch.
    Mostly depends on the circumstance, but in this particular case, I agree with you.

The appointment of Klopp will give the players a boost and a fresh angle to build upon bringing the best out of the crap they have now which may lead to few decent results, but that will soon get rusty and they better dig deep for the january transfer market if they want to have a respectable league finish for a club this size.

They need quality players and game changers to fill the gaps.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    SamB09 said:

So what happened at Man U when Fergie left and Moyes came in then?
  • Options

This press conference by Klopp is one of the best I've seen. So refreshing having a genuinely charismatic manager in the Premiership.

Agree totally. Some of the stuff Klopp said about playing "emotional" football and playing at "full-throttle" resonated very strongly. I wish we could get that kind of spirit back at Charlton.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Just watched the rerun of his press conference on SSN. What a likeable bloke. Bundles of charisma, unlike Mourinho. Taking club alliegances aside, hope he is a success and stays in the PL for a while.

Mourinho was likeable to me when he first came. Lets see what Klopp's like in a couple of years!
  • Options
    Liverpool are a in bit of a mess , imo they've bought some bang average players, and they need a lot of sorting out , if they got into the top 4 at the end of the season , i think that would be an amazing achievement.
  • Options

SamB09 said:

How did Di Matteo win the champions league?
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

SamB09 said:

How did Luzon turn it around when Peeters had us in freefall, best example is when Quinn resigned as manager of Sunderland in the relegation zone, Roy Keane came in and took them straight to the Premier League
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

SamB09 said:

By having a quite ridiculous amount of luck.
  • Options

Jergen Klopp speaks better English than Harry Redknapp. ;)

That's a pity. Not likely that this will happen again. Maybe he can learn fluent Scouse.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    You do not have to be in the Champions League to attract the best players. You just need to show the ambition and set up to be in it very soon. Look what the appointment of LVG did at Man Utd, he managed to get Falcao and Di Maria there, ok neither worked out and have since left, but were high profile signings in a non- UCL season nonetheless.
    If Klopp is the manager that we are told about he will bring quality to the club in the short term regardless of Liverpool's absence from the premier club competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jergen Klopp speaks better English than Harry Redknapp. ;)

Triffick!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Jurgen had a win rate of 56% at Dortmund out of 318 games.
    Brendan Rodgers had a win rate of 50% at Liverpool from 166 games, but didn't look like things were going in the right direction.

It will be really interesting to see if the coaching team that comes with him can crack the premiership, and make some very ordinary players a lot better.

I wonder if it will be next summer before he can make a real difference to Liverpool, and bring his own players in, and whether this season is do your best, but it will be a treading water season, whilst he gets to know the players, and the league.

I don't rate Liverpools keeper as a top 4 keeper, their defence is leaky, their midfield , nothing special and their too reliant on Sturridge and Benteke staying fit and firing on all cylinders, a bit of a shambles really.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

You do not have to be in the Champions League to attract the best players. You just need to show the ambition and set up to be in it very soon.Look what the appointment of LVG did at Man Utd, he managed to get Falcao and Di Maria there, ok neither worked out and have since left, but we're high profile signings in a non- UCL season nonetheless.
    If Klopp is the manager that we are told about he will bring quality to the club in the short term regardless of Liverpools absence from the premier club competion.

Agreed. Klopp's reputation alone will likely attract a better quality of player to Anfield than Rodgers. Wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 Dortmund players joining him in the next year.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    He's more American than I remember.
  • Options
    I hate the bindippers with a passion, but I like Klopp and I hope to see a couple of his Dortmund buddies in the premiership, Hummels, Reus and Gundogan in particular.