Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool sack Rodgers

Ancelotti or Klopp next in maybe?

Comments

• Options
    They'd better act quick before one of them goes to Chelsea!
  • Options
    Getting in early before Chelsea bag a decent one.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    cafc4life said:

Feel sorry for him , good manager . Can't help but feel a replacement has already been made

He's spent a lot of money on average players, but the difficulty for Liverpool is that their place is about 5th-6th at the moment and the best players want the Champion's League and more money at other clubs.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Not surprised. He was doing a shite job given how much he had spent. I know it's funny to take the piss out of Liverpool but they should not be tenth and struggling in most games. Arguably regressed under him, one flash-in-the-pan season aside.
  • Options
    So far up his own a*** that man. Glad he's got the chop.
  • Options
    Someone get an Appleton picture up.
  • Options
    Might put a quid on Simon Grayson at 100/1. Honestly, who makes up these odds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Pretty sure I Started that joke but surely it's had its day now?

Very average manager, incredible that he got the job in the first place.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Pretty sure I Started that joke but surely it's had its day now?

Very average manager, incredible that he got the job in the first place.
    Oh go on, the old ones are the best :wink:
  • Options
    I would love Abramovic to sack Mourinho, then Mourinho to go to Liverpool.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I would love Abramovic to sack Mourinho, then Mourinho to go to Liverpool.

The Bin dippers have got enough problems without The chosen one pitching up :wink:
  • Options
    Honestly can't see a manager with a decent reputation wanting to go Liverpool. Ancelotti has nothing to prove so why take the risk? Kloop seems a character but I think he wants Arsenal.
    Will Liverpool go with another 'up and coming' manager? I think they will end up with Koeman
  • Options
    Can't they take Stuart Lancaster, get the RFU out of the 5 remaining years on his contract...
  • Options
    He lost the plot the moment he bought Balotelli imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible manager.

Klopp is too good for that job.
  • Options
    This wasn't player power that got Rodgers the sack?
    But EX player power.
  • Options

Ancelotti or Klopp next in maybe?

Yep, I wouldn't mind either.
  • Options
    Dick Advocaat leaving Sunderland a coincidence by any chance??
  • Options
    Klopp would be good for the league. He has a sense of humour.
  • Options
    Victim of his own success in his first season.

Overachieved then and forever playing catch up thereafter to try to match up to the resulting unrealistic expectations.
  • Options
    He didn't recover from losing Suarez. To be honest, in the way of things, I don't think he can have too many complaints.
  • Options
    Pardew.

Nailed on.
  • Options
    Unrealistic expectations?????. This is Liverpool FC one of the biggest clubs in the world with money to spend. Rodgers was an experiment (Young & British) but not up to it unfortunately
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Taxi_Lad said:

Unrealistic expectations?????. This is Liverpool FC one of the biggest clubs in the world with money to spend. Rodgers was an experiment (Young & British) but not up to it unfortunately

There was a rebuilding exercise to be done. He did very well in his first season so people ignored or forgot that and moaned when he couldn't sustain his start and finished lower albeit in a more realistic position.

Hence my comment.

It's a bit like the noisy minority on Netaddicks and elsewhere who wanted rid of Curbs because we "only" finished 10th or so in the Prem.

Yes expectations at Liverpool are and should be greater than at Charlton but if you take the youth route you need time.

His big error in my view was letting Shelvey go.