Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who has not gone today because of Sky.....

2»

Comments

• bc_addick said:

seth plum said:

One supporter was in the ground having travelled up from Bristol this morning.

My alarm went off at 6.30 and I left Portsmouth at 7.10 A27 was closed at Arundel but got the coach from Worthing in time at 8.30.
    Got home at 5.30 (A27 still closed) It was quite a nice finish to the game though wasn't it :-)
    Great effort from someone who was treated so shabbily by the club he supports.
  • Technically I didn't go because of sky. The change of date for the to game, meant it clashed with the nfl at Wembley, which I had already bought tickets for. So yeah, it's sky's fault that I didn't go.
  • no trains, so was in the pub from 11.30 bit of brekkie and watched the game quite a few other fans in there aswell, then stayed for the 2 pl games.
  • Didn't go had a virus all week and felt s***, had it not been on TV I would probably have made the effort. 180 mile round trip
  • 15 out of 15 season ticket holders absent from our group , ten would have been there on the Saturday
    Thanks SKY
  • Choose to not go and watch on TV, was out Saturday and woke up hanging. If the game had not been on Sky I would of no doubt jumped on the train and tube.
  • Nearly missed half of it.

Somehow was convinced it was a 12.30 KO and because it was early and and i'm under the weather, was going to time it late to get there for KO.

Pulled off my drive at 11.30, put radio on and by luck Talksport had gone to the Valley and I could hear @BDL announcing the teams in background. Thought that's odd, he doesn't normally do that an hour before KO.

Phoned my missus to check. Then driving like Lewis Hamilton, bit of luck parking and running to ground, missed just 7 mins.

Glad I missed the first seven and not the last seven though !
  • Average audience for the game yesterday was 112k viewers with a peak of 184k. It dropped from 118k to 72k when the Merseyside Derby kicked off at 13.30 so quite a few viewers missed the grandstand finish!
  • edited October 2015
    I'm not going to lie, I can't afford the live games anymore. I'm not saying it's too expensive however as a day out the cost does become considerable.

With food, drink, train and ticket I spend £80plus on a visit. A season ticket might drop this to £65/70 but not enough to make it affordable.

As a one off I used NOWTV to pay a whole £6.99 and got to watch from the comfort of the sofa with my dog sat on my lap and the Mrs bringing me food and a nice cold fresh beverage.
    Or 'and the Mrs in my ear about the chores that I needed to do.'
  • Sponsored links:

• I was even agreeing with those in the pub who wanted to turn the TV over to the scouse derby with 10 mins to go, luckily we saw the corner where Jackson scored and ended up watching the rest.
  • tommyr said:

Average audience for the game yesterday was 112k viewers with a peak of 184k. It dropped from 118k to 72k when the Merseyside Derby kicked off at 13.30 so quite a few viewers missed the grandstand finish!

and what would the average audience for a Championship Sunday middayish fixture be for SKY
  • not much more I'd suggest, sky certainly gave us the 'graveyard' slot
  • Boro v Leeds on 27th Sept averaged 316k. this is the only sunday championship game i could find on sky, mainly it seems they are shown on Fridays
  • 316k for a Leeds game or 112k for a Charlton fixture , i wonder why we are not shown more
  • Weekend in Prague.
    Thought Viktoria Zizkov for a 10.15 kick-off then Slavia v Dukla @ 14.30 was a more attractive option.
  • 316k for a Leeds game or 112k for a Charlton fixture , i wonder why we are not shown more

We were on at the same time as the Merseyside derby.
  • tommyr said:

Average audience for the game yesterday was 112k viewers with a peak of 184k. It dropped from 118k to 72k when the Merseyside Derby kicked off at 13.30 so quite a few viewers missed the grandstand finish!

yep it dropped from 118k to 72k when the Merseyside Derby kicked off with 15 mins or so of our game left

PERHAPS THEY COULD SHOW US WHEN WE PLAY LEEDS THEN?

• 15 out of 15 season ticket holders absent from our group , ten would have been there on the Saturday
    Thanks SKY

Sky's fault you and your mates are lightweight? Only 66% turn up even on a Saturday at 3PM? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

Thanks SKY

Sky's fault you and your mates are lightweight? Only 66% turn up even on a Saturday at 3PM? :wink:
    on this given Saturday , it varies !!
  • Live in Chesterfield
    12 oclock ko
    No bloody trains again
    On the Raz on Saturday night
    See above so couldn't drive.