Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who has not gone today because of Sky.....

Sunday.
Midday kick off.
No trains.

Im sat on my sofa watching the game in my pants whilst my seat sits empty.
Looks like a fair few others may have by the amount of empty seats.
If this was sat 3pm, then I would be there without question.
Anyone else?

Comments

• Flu and arthritis flaring up on Friday keeping me at home.

I have to say the way I felt yesterday I would ducked out of a Saturday 3 o'clock too.

It was all I could do to watch the England game last night so I wasn't going to make it today with a round trip of nearly 70 miles.
  • Yeah same. If it had been a later kick off I definitely would have gone but I just don't have the enthusiasm for it at the moment to warrant getting up early on a Sunday when I can just watch it on the tv. I wish I didn't feel that way but I do
  • I'm here but beginning to wish I wasn't
  • I have a season ticket so kind of go to every game on principle (within walking distance so not affected by trains etc) plus I dont want my brother who comes with me to think it's OK to back out just because your team is shit, but if I didn't have a season ticket I 100% would not be bothering to go. And that is pretty evident here at the moment.
  • The thing is, people moan because we're never on TV, then when we are, people moan.

If the game had happened at 3pm yesterday I would have had to miss it, but as it is I'm here. Thanks a bunch, Sky.
  • I'm still at the Ground.. Strange to pay for a season ticket and then stay @ home for a game (unless impossible to make it)
  • Doubt there's even 10,000 here today
  • Gave my st to a pal. I'm sitting at home with a curry and a bottle of scrumpy. Best decision I ever made
  • Sponsored links:

• Not gone because of RD and KM. highlight on tv Don Goodman laughing at commentator's aside that RD doesnt invest money cos he doesn't want to make the opposition stronger by giving them money.
  • Sitting at home with a beer 250 miles away. And I'm not missing it. Close to turning off.
  • edited October 2015
    I just went so mental my dog attacked me. I normally just get funny looks at the valley, I think I prefer the funny looks
  • LenGlover said:

Flu and arthritis flaring up on Friday keeping me at home.

I have to say the way I felt yesterday I would ducked out of a Saturday 3 o'clock too.

It was all I could do to watch the England game last night so I wasn't going to make it today with a round trip of nearly 70 miles.

Went down with fluey symptoms during the rugby last night, would have been there otherwise today...
  • I didn't realise the trains were down so ended up watching at London Bridge rather than miss best part of the first half getting to the ground. The whole pub watching the merseyside derby, probably a bit mystified when I starting backslapping randoms on a sprint to the exit, arms aloft. Gutted not to be at the ground
  • Live in France so thanks sky and what a finish, you probably heard me at the valley when we equalised
  • Uboat said:

My daughter jokingly asked me how many people I thought would miss the game due to church commitments.

Brilliant! Hordes of fans not going cos Churchie is no longer there.
  • I did not go, not because of Sky, as don't have it, but only got home from holiday last night and am too shattered to even think of going without any trains. Years ago, yes, but too old now.
  • Sponsored links:

• One supporter was in the ground having travelled up from Bristol this morning.
  • Uboat said:

My daughter jokingly asked me how many people I thought would miss the game due to church commitments.

Simon Church?
  • I got muddled and thought we were going to the cinema but that's tomorrow. Thought about going but didn't. Only saw a few minutes in the fox just before half time and wasn't interested. Ended up in woolwich shopping and now in the Bull for the Ireland game.
  • edited October 2015

Sunday.
    Midday kick off.
    No trains.

Anyone else?

Too much information.

• Sunday.
    Midday kick off.
    No trains.

Anyone else?

Too much information.

At least they're his.
  • Sitting at home with a beer 250 miles away. And I'm not missing it. Close to turning off.

Did you turn it off then? I went and it was a cracking day out.
  • I didn't go but this was down to a bizarre set of circumstances which meant I missed my first home game in just over 2 years.

Unfortunately I could not get my car out of the car park at the block of flats where I live as the shutter was about three quarters down preventing any car from getting in / out the car park with no alternative way of getting the car out.

By this time it would have been too late to bus it and probably too late to even cab it so just went back in and watched it at home.

Had the game not been moved I would have been fine for yesterday's 3pm kick off. Or even if it was a later kick off today I wouldn't have left it as late to the kick off as I had done today so would have had enough time to make alternative arrangements.
  • 4 of us, including a fella in his 80s whose first Valley trip it would have been, would have been at the Saturday game.
    But no trains and the early start mean no pre-match beer, so we'll do Brentford instead.
  • I didn't bother to watch at all, because we always lose on tele. Did I make the right decision? :wink:
  • I didn't go. Late night, hangover, early kick off, trains not working,on Sky and my refusal to alter my Sunday morning slob out are my excuses.
    I'll be a better supporter next time.