Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Shooting In America?

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely dreadful. Worst part about it is that you feel almost powerless to stop it.
  • Options

Absolutely dreadful. Worst part about it is that you feel almost powerless to stop it.

I cannot imagine what it must be like to be an American holding the views that the majority of Brits have. It's unimaginable to us but they have to watch the only people with the ability to actually do something about this fucked up situation kowtow to the gun lobby and ignore 1000's of deaths a year for political purposes.

It'll only get worse sadly.
  • Options
    The insanity is that the pro gun lobby will say that if the church goers had been packing then this wouldn’t have happened.

• Options
    I imagine the NRA will come out with something along the lines of, "if more of the good guys had guns, this could have been prevented".

Such a sad state of affairs.

RIP
  • Options
    Must read the comment before before posting...
  • Options

I cannot imagine what it must be like to be an American holding the views that the majority of Brits have. It's unimaginable to us but they have to watch the only people with the ability to actually do something about this fucked up situation kowtow to the gun lobby and ignore 1000's of deaths a year for political purposes.

It'll only get worse sadly.
    Yep as someone who's moved to Texas in the last few months, you've summed it up perfectly.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    An article published only yesterday, from which the above graph is taken.

https://www.vox.com/2015/10/3/9444417/gun-violence-united-states-america
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wow. Really spells it out
  • Options

• Options

I imagine the NRA will come out with something along the lines of, "if more of the good guys had guns, this could have been prevented".

Such a sad state of affairs.

RIP

Read some of the replies to this, exactly that.

• Options
    The texas chief has come out and said he wants everyone to bring guns to church so this never happens again..... beyond moronic
  • Options
    Trump says “this is not a guns issue”. I can only assume he’s misunderstood how these people died.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It a mute point obviously because there is no will in the USA to reform gun laws but even if there was a genuine debate how on earth do you put the genie back in the bottle. How many hand guns, rifles and automatic weapons are in circulation ? How would you prevent a nut job from getting one ?

I wouldn’t go as far as golfie and say I just don’t care anymore but I see where he’s coming from. I think the world has to accept that the USA regularly has mass shootings. Wring our hands and get on with our day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

The texas chief has come out and said he wants everyone to bring guns to church so this never happens again..... beyond moronic

JiMMy 85 said:

Trump says “this is not a guns issue”. I can only assume he’s misunderstood how these people died.

Makes you wonder how America ever became a successful nation when they elect nutjobs like the above two
  • Options

shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Makes you wonder how America ever became a successful nation when they elect nutjobs like the above two
    Natural resources stolen from the indigenous population?

• Options
    Quite stunned by the sheer stupidity of the responses from Trump and politicians in Texas - the more shootings there are the more guns they want.

What can you say?
  • Options

shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Natural resources stolen from the indigenous population?

why are we shit then ?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Chizz said:

On the 163rd day of 2016 the 173rd mass shooting of 2016 occurs in the USA.

That's astonishing. And horrific.
    How comes he gets 6 likes for his post and I don't get a single one?! :cry:

Pretty bored of talking about American mass shootings, so glad that I don't live there.
  • Options

It a mute point obviously because there is no will in the USA to reform gun laws but even if there was a genuine debate how on earth do you put the genie back in the bottle. How many hand guns, rifles and automatic weapons are in circulation ? How would you prevent a nut job from getting one ?

I wouldn’t go as far as golfie and say I just don’t care anymore but I see where he’s coming from. I think the world has to accept that the USA regularly has mass shootings. Wring our hands and get on with our day.

It's hard to do, yes. Will a solution be perfect? No.

Is that a reason to do nothing? Fuck no.

Alright the guns already out there is a huge issue. But bringing in controls for any new guns brought is a start. Once that's implemented and working then you can. Start worrying about registering and controlling all the guns already out there.

I agree with your last point though. Until there is a will to change anything we simply have to just accept it.
  • Options
    Out of interest how many jobs do gun manufacturing and selling and shooting ranges create in the US?

I have the feeling it's a very high number.
  • Options
    Is the average American happy with the level of gun deaths in the US? If everyone is okay with it and doesn't see a need for change then is there really a problem?

Looking on from outside of the USA it all appears insane but maybe it isn't an issue over there?
  • Options
    Nothing will change, its a billion dollar industry.
    It doesn't impact my life, just let them get on with it.