Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

7th Sept 1985.

2»

Comments

• The Beaton bowel in that news clip still makes me laugh.
  • Went to a works piss up v Kettering in the cup, only time I saw us play at the shithole
  • Got ticket for next game at the place tho
  • buckshee said:

Was my 12th birthday

Birthday fweind!
  • masicat said:

When we played our last game I walked out and swore I would never enter Selhurst again, and I never have and never will. Means missing the upcoming cup game, but there you go. I hated the 'Selhurst years' and I must admit my hatred of Palace intensified during the years we were there. Some will say I should go to the games there if Charlton are playing. No chance I'm afraid. Even if I drive that direction I avoid the immediate area. Sometimes I think I can smell the place from Bromley, but it's usually just a passing Nigel carrying the scent.

I have not been to a palice game since we relegated them in 2005, it does not get much better than that so have quit whilst I'm ahead.
  • We have a lot of papers about the move in the museum including letters between the Charlton and Palace boards

Did you know it was suggested that the ground in SE27 should be called the "Selhurst Valley"?

Interesting. Who suggested that, and is there a response?
  • Stig said:

We have a lot of papers about the move in the museum including letters between the Charlton and Palace boards

Did you know it was suggested that the ground in SE27 should be called the "Selhurst Valley"?

Interesting. Who suggested that, and is there a response?
    We did add Noades said no as it would be too controversial
  • The management team from the time

Tommy Taylor, Lennie Lawrence and the late Eddie May.

Tommy is still managing, aged 63, in the Norwegian third division

Note the metal frame on the right hand side above Eddie's shoulder. This was put up to house an electronic scoreboard. Never happened.