Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your preferred front two

With Igor I assume close to fitness, who would you start as your front 2 when he does return? Very tricky this. For me Watt is in, no question, but which of of Mak and Igor?

Based on his horrible 2nd half to the season last year, and big Mak's start, I'd go for Watt and Mak. What do others think? Be great to see the Igor of 2014, but will he get there.

PS - On what page will this turn into an argument about politics, religion, race, sex, what football shirts Charlton players' offspring should wear and who will be the first to call someone a prat (or something like that).

Comments

• Options
    I would say Page 3 but now I have posted I imagine one of my obsessive fans will follow me in, so Page 1.

Igor and Watt at the moment, but Mak as a super sub is definitely not a bad thing. He seems eager and I imagine the opposing defence would not be happy seeing him jump off the bench in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    At the moment Makienok has to start because the opposition cant handle him... Would either be Watt or Vetokele alongside him but if the opposition learnt how to deal with Makienok, I wouldnt say no to Watt and Vetokele playing together again (They worked well at the end of last season together)
  • Options
    I'd say Watt and Mak, with Igor to come on for one or the other.
  • Options
    Igor and Ansah is the dream pairing with the other two coming on when we're 3 up to give them a rest.
  • Options
    TWWW and Big Mak to start, and then after an hour or so, give them Igor to handle, which, if he is fully fit, gives him pace to burn on breakaways.
  • Options
    Church and Piggot.... but I guess they got kicked out.

Bloody RD.
  • Options
    NomSoup said:

I'd say Watt and Mak, with Igor to come on for one or the other.

this, Watt can't last 90 mins and bringing on Igor when their defence is tiring is an added bonus

• Options
    edited August 2015
    No bangers jokes yet ?

Edit, sorry @Fiiish - didn't see that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T Watt and Igor with Mak just behind them in a 4-3-1-2 formation.
  • Options
    Mak with either Watt or Igor. Whichever is playing better
  • Options
    1st Choice: Mak and Watt, 2nd Choice: Mak and Igor, 3rd Choice: Igor and Watt... KAG or JBG to provide striking back as and when required.
  • Options
    As above for now
  • Options
    Mak and Watt. Don't change a winning team
  • Options
    Whichever two who are on form surely.
  • Options
    Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez with Lionel Messi to come off the bench when either Ronaldo messes up his hair when diving or when Suarez takes a bite out of the opposition
  • Options
    Don't know yet not seen igor play alongside Mak yet and we haven't seen a fully fit igor play alongside Watt either.
  • Options
    depends who we are playing but at present Makie and TWWW.

with a fully fit squad we may see ourselves playing with Mackie up top in-front of a 5 man midfield with JBG in an advanced role. (maybe not from the start but we may see TWWW/IV taken off and the midfield packed out)
  • Options
    To be honest I see it as more of a tactical thing. Depends whether we want to go more with pace and passing, or more crossing and long balls. When Igor is fit it will give us great options that mean we can change our game plan easily.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    foxjam said:

To be honest I see it as more of a tactical thing. Depends whether we want to go more with pace and passing, or more crossing and long balls. When Igor is fit it will give us great options that mean we can change our game plan easily.

Bang on.

GL has never really seen Igor fully fit and firing on all cylinders. When and if he gets back to that early last season form he will be hard to leave out but great to have the options of TW, SM and IV.
  • Options
    Makienok looks class for me. His overall play has been brilliant so far and, now he's got his first league goal, hopefully he can go on a goalscoring run.

Makienok with Watt to the left of him (Thierry Henry role) and JBG to the right is very good IMO.
  • Options
    Got to keep Makienok in the team with Watt and Igor to alternate when one needs a rest.
  • Options
    Watt and Mak for me. Watt very rarely lasts the whole ninety minutes so have Igor on the bench to supply a little bit of pace late on.
  • Options
    It will be a luxury to have all 3 fit and in form at the same time! Mak to me seems the sort to last 90 minutes, as his game is more about strength and aeriel play rather than running with the ball (Watt) or running into channels (Igor), so at the moment he'd be the automatic choice. Mak would be useful defending corners as well
  • Options
    Watt and Makienok

With Vetokele only coming off the bench to start with, as he gets fitter he gets more time, until either Watt or Mak are out of form, ineffective or injured.
  • Options

It will be a luxury to have all 3 fit and in form at the same time! Mak to me seems the sort to last 90 minutes, as his game is more about strength and aeriel play rather than running with the ball (Watt) or running into channels (Igor), so at the moment he'd be the automatic choice. Mak would be useful defending corners as well

You haven't noticed he's a box to box forward then?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You haven't noticed he's a box to box forward then?
    Mak will get back of course, but his game isn't about blistering pace. For example, a tired Michael Owen without his pace would be ineffective, whereas a tired Peter Crouch would still bring a lot to the team.

From memory Carl Leaburn would usually last the full 90
  • Options
    Fair argument.

(This one won't make it on to the A.Alerter)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fair argument.

(This one won't make it on to the A.Alerter)

whatever wank splat...