Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Windows 10

edited August 2015 in Not Sports Related
Currently 37% into the installation.

Anyone else upgraded? If so what do you think?

Realise it was probably better to get views on this before I started, but too late now.

Comments

• Been using it since the Free Beta... Never used Windows 8 and have come straight from Windows 7 but have liked it so far, no complaints from me
  • Yep i upgraded and i hated every single bit of it. I ended up doing a system restore to get my Vista back.
  • I tried but is has failed a couple of times. With an operation tomorrow I have decided to sort it out when I have recovered opposed to having something that doesn't work properly when I'm not feeling well.
  • migrated from 8.0 and 8.1
    All ok so far, just a bit of familiarisation needed.
  • I wanted a clean install so had to upgrade so that my product key carried over, then re-installed the whole OS.

People keep saying how fast it is but in my opinion it seems to be slower than Windows 8.1.
  • Yeah I don't get all the good talk about it. My start button etc stopped working and I had to restart to fix it which took 45 minutes... It then installed updates and seems to be fine.
    Preferred 8.1 even though it took some getting used to.
  • Yep i upgraded and i hated every single bit of it. I ended up doing a system restore to get my Vista back.

If you prefer Vista to 10, 10 must be one pile of doggie doo-doo. I've never known one person have a good word for Vista until your post.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but how is a migration from 8.0 to 8.1 relevant to a thread on 10?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but how is a migration from 8.0 to 8.1 relevant to a thread on 10?
    He said 8.0 & 8.1 so assume he means he has gone through the upgrade from 8.0 - 8.1 and then upgraded to 10.

If you prefer Vista to 10, 10 must be one pile of doggie doo-doo. I've never known one person have a good word for Vista until your post.
    Assumed the original comment was a joke. Vista was the biggest pile of shite ever!
  • Sponsored links:

• I got a bollocking from the wife for upgrading as it seems much worse than 8. It's a lot slower and I can't seem to right click on anything anymore. However it doesn't randomly change onto the menu screen thing which 8 always used to do and really annoy me
  • Vista was fine as long as you had a capable machine
  • edited August 2015

Yep i upgraded and i hated every single bit of it. I ended up doing a system restore to get my Vista back.

Assumed the original comment was a joke. Vista was the biggest pile of shite ever!
    It was. I forgot the smiley face though.
  • I had windows 10 installed over a week ago, kept crashing, had a windows tech spend over an hour sorting it out, and re-installing it. Still no good, kept losing internet, spent about 5 to 10 minutes just to get my browser page up. I have now had windows 8 re-installed and apart from losing some apps, everything seems OK. Before you have windows 10 installed wait for other opinions.
  • edited August 2015
    Who would install 10 when 10.1 will be along soon enough fixing all the pot holes MS engneers should of tested properly before 10 was released to a gullable public?

But then I am a dinosaur from the Land that begot Personal Computing!
  • Have to say first impressions are very good. I like it.
  • I think i will stick to windows 7. I cannt stand windows 8, so i suspect windows 10 wont be much kop
  • Vista was fine as long as you had a capable machine

Agreed, never had a problem with it. I have a Vaio desktop which has also been excellent.

Past its best now so changing to iMac as I have used a MacBook for all my business travel over last couple of years .
  • Moved from 8.1 to 10........it's soooo sloooow. Loaded with lots of apps that need a lot of working out......new music player which tries to sell you stuff (poor man's iTunes) unlike windows media player.....still thinks it's a touch sensitive pad not a laptop....would love to go back to 7 but will have to make do with going back to 8.1.
  • Yeah I don't get all the good talk about it. My start button etc stopped working and I had to restart to fix it which took 45 minutes... It then installed updates and seems to be fine.
    Preferred 8.1 even though it took some getting used to.

I've had the same problem with the start button and other core Windows features becoming unresponsive. It hasn't happened for a few days now, so hopefully the latest update has fixed it (touch wood).

Overall though, I really like it. It's fast on my machine, much better integrated than 8.1, plus it looks modern and slick. Thumbs up from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• I upgraded from 8.1 a few days ago. I liked it within seconds. Hated 8/8.1.

No glitches so far. I have a pc that was built locally for me. It was the best pc I ever had - (apart from 8.1) not had one second of crashes or driver problems.

All seems to be working fine. Of course they'll bring out 10.1 shortly but if you hate 8/8.1 why wait.
  • Ha. I don't even know what I'm on. How can you tell ?
  • Glad I checked this thread before upgrading. Think I'll wait a while
  • I think i will stick to windows 7. I cannt stand windows 8, so i suspect windows 10 wont be much kop

Same here. Now if only I could get rid of the never-ending pop-ups that tell me there's a free upgrade to 10 waiting for me!

• I'll keep 7 thanks
  • Right I must have been one of the first to get 10 after it came out of beta. Replacing 7. Using it on my now ancient laptop which has inadequate RAM. (Still using Linux on my even older desktop).
    Downloading was a pain. Needed three attempts before it succeeded.
    Since then it has generally behaved well and I'm now pleased with it. BUT I had to spend an age getting it to stop eating into both processor and RAM to such an extent that everything was grinding to a halt. It seems 10 still has issues inter-reacting with some other stuff. For example, the Hewlett Packard wireless assistant. It also wanted to seek out and upload all photos and other files to the so-called One drive. A session on task manager, disabling guff from the start up, like the aforementioned HPWA and finally it behaved itself.
    Generally seems quicker to boot up than 7 but that may be because of all the unneeded stuff I've disabled.
    I guess time and some updates will tell.

• I'll stick with my copy of Windows7 Dark, I think.
  • Been offered a "free upgrade" on my Acer Aspire E1-570.....yes or no ?
  • edited October 2015
    Mine wont upgrade as it won't work on a vhd boot of windows, that'll teach me to use microsoft technology
  • razil said:

Mine wont upgrade as it won't work on a vhd boot of windows, that'll teach me to use microsoft technology

And now, in English, for me, you said........