Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

E-mails to Katrien.

2»

Comments

• Sent her a linked in message the other sat complaining about crossbars. Had a reply within the hour.
  • Did she send pics with it
  • edited August 2015

brogib said:

No wonder women find it hard to progress in the game with sexism in it as displayed above; today I'm embarrassed to be Charlton

I'm female and thought it was rather funny. It works the other way round too - I want to have Tony Watt's babies
    Buy a big Bib Ms Arsene,
    Because this baby will be the ?

WIZARD OF THE DRIBBLE :smile:

• brogib said:

No wonder women find it hard to progress in the game with sexism in it as displayed above; today I'm embarrassed to be Charlton

I'm female and thought it was rather funny. It works the other way round too - I want to have Tony Watt's babies
    OMG this could be interesting a lot of people mistake me for Tony Watt until they hear my accent
    Well you'll do for now I suppose
    Ah forgot to mention the bits, bit older, bit slower, bit greyer, bit bigger,bit over the hill really,
  • Is it just me, or is that video just a little bit painful to watch?
  • edited August 2015
    Halix said:

That's disgusting!

It would have to be in the close season, on the pitch and used to promote pitch hire.

Maybe use the sofa ?

" Scotland's Tony Watt and Ms Arsenettaters , Staines, on the sofa"

• IdleHans said:

Is it just me, or is that video just a little bit painful to watch?

When she asked that lady which of the players was the best kisser, it seemed like the lady had no idea who any of the players even were lol
  • brogib said:

OMG this could be interesting a lot of people mistake me for Tony Watt until they hear my accent
    Ah forgot to mention the bits, bit older, bit slower, bit greyer, bit bigger,bit over the hill really,

OK I guess I have to confess I can't have babies any more (it's a menopause, bits removed thing - far too much detail?!!) but I'm sure it wouldn't be too late to adopt!......
  • Sponsored links:

• brogib said:

OK I guess I have to confess I can't have babies any more (it's a menopause, bits removed thing - far too much detail?!!) but I'm sure it wouldn't be too late to adopt!......
    I like you. Would you consider adopting a 37 year old?
  • IdleHans said:

Who did the sound? Sort it ahhhht BDL.
  • IdleHans said:

I think they were looking for a bit of 'customer contact' rather than a BAFTA
    Rossman92 said:

IdleHans said:

When she asked that lady which of the players was the best kisser, it seemed like the lady had no idea who any of the players even were lol
    She seemed a little disabled as far as I could tell.
  • brogib said:

I feel cheated. I thought I was going to give you Tony Watts babies not adopt them
  • brogib said:

I like you. Would you consider adopting a 37 year old?
    I like you too Brendan. As you can see from the post above BPhasnohair is binning me - so yes I will adopt a 37 year old. And no its not a rebound thing from BPhasnohair, I'm so over him
  • A friend of mine sits in the Upper West and he has a lift pass. He has great trouble walking and has to use the lift.He has been trying to renew it but has had no answer from the Club. He has made numerous phone calls and he finally received a letter from Mick Everitt to say that no lift passes will be issued to disabled people in the Upper west. My friend has already renewed his season ticket in the Upper West and will have great difficulty making his way up the steps. Apparently this decision to stop the lift pass was made in July by the former DLO. My mate is livid about this and will not be going until it is sorted out. He is also consulting his Solicitor.
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck to your pal Dick. Why on earth would they stop issuing lift passes? I can't think of a single reason. Even if they have a reason they should surely have communicated this to him at the point of renewal so that an appropriate seat swap could take place. Madness.

My mate in the NE Quad has just had a similarly bad experience. He has had five STs in a row since the stand opened. Two of them for his elderly parents. His son is now over 18 but he has had an agreement with the club each year that despite not having a child ST holder they can retain the seats as a gesture to their " long service". He renewed the 5 tickets before the April deadline and received a confirmation email and a reference number. He was on holiday in the USA for 3 weeks returning on the Thursday after the QPR game. No STs ever arrived. Despite daily phone calls and emails from the states he got nowhere. He went to the ticket office in person last week to discover that a decision had been made not to renew his ticket back in may because of his sons age. No one from the club ever communicated that to him. After a sizeable punch up and involving Katrien directly he now has five STs 3 rows behind where he was and I understand he was given a sizeable discount on his mothers ticket as compo. A total farce that could have been avoided by a simple piece of communication but also, like your mate, a snap decision taken for no apparent reason and with no consultation with the affected. Poor show.
  • edited August 2015
    They said that if there was a fire people with a disability would have trouble getting out from the West Upper. They are trying to house people with disabilities in the lower West. My friend is more pissed off with the fact that the club didn't communicate with him at all about the availability of the lift pass. If my friend had known about this he would have got a ticket in the lower West. They also said it would disturb the diners as the people from the lift would have to walk through the dining suite. Is this really the way we should be treating disabled supporters who have been coming to Charlton for over fifty years.
  • The issue with the lifts has been rumbling on for years. The safety argument is defensible but there have always been (different) people unhappy about disabled people coming into reception and exiting the lift in a hospitality area. The communication surrounding tickets has been crap on all fronts, so at least it can be argued there's no discrimination there.
  • Sponsored links:

• jeez, that's even worse than I thought. I assumed it was just a balls up and bad comms. So the club is actually discriminating against the disabled in favour Of those who are paying for the hospitality? That's a disgrace if true and I'm sure the appropriate authorities would ask some very serious questions.
  • The problem arises because the lounge on that level was an afterthought. However, the issue of ambulant disabled on that level ought to be covered in the safety certificate, I should think. The situation hasn't changed in 17 years, although the safety requirements may have evolved.
  • Thanks AB. I can understand that safety requirements may evolve over the years and require some changes. I can't get my head around the abject lack of communications though.
  • edited August 2015
    PL54 said:

IdleHans said:

I think they were looking for a bit of 'customer contact' rather than a BAFTA
    Rossman92 said:

IdleHans said:

She seemed a little disabled as far as I could tell.
    Yeah you're right, didn't notice that the first time I watched it
  • edited August 2015

The issue with the lifts has been rumbling on for years. The safety argument is defensible but there have always been (different) people unhappy about disabled people coming into reception and exiting the lift in a hospitality area. The communication surrounding tickets has been crap on all fronts, so at least it can be argued there's no discrimination there.

Agree that the real issue here is the on going poor communication by the club in nearly all areas. Let's not forget the debacle over communicating the change in upper concession age., the Bournemouth debacle. The thing is I think the club are trying to get it right but sometimes you can't do the right thing without some investment and in this instance its investment in staff.
  • Kap10 said:

The issue with the lifts has been rumbling on for years. The safety argument is defensible but there have always been (different) people unhappy about disabled people coming into reception and exiting the lift in a hospitality area. The communication surrounding tickets has been crap on all fronts, so at least it can be argued there's no discrimination there.

Agree that the real issue here is the on going poor communication by the club in nearly all areas. Let's not forget the debacle over communicating the change in upper concession age., the Bournemouth debacle. The thing is I think the club are trying to get it right but sometimes you can't do the right thing without some investment and in this instance its investment in staff.
    I think that's the nub of the issue. The intention is good but the execution is amateurish because it's not properly resourced.