Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Derby Match thread 15/8/15

Comments

• Is there a stream for this ?
  • I don't really see it as Ba being dropped so much as a bit of rotation. Luzon is aware we have another game Tuesday. Ba has featured a lot in pre season and so far, and is on the bench so still involved. I see the replacement of Ba and KAG as pretty much fair enough when the finer margins are considered, especially with Cousins likely to be back in the middle.
    I am not absolutely convinced we will be 442 though, the Cebellos role might be a surprise (although I don't see him playing in goal)!
  • Seems abit harsh on ba as thought he done very well in both games so far and broke up a few opposition attacks, maybe carrying a slight knock or just the fact he's not used to playing every week? All speculation but good to see Cousins in the middle again and nice to have these options. Hopefully Ceballos can get on the ball and use his quality, in Luzon we trust. COYR!!!

Luzon likes to rotate so plenty of game time for him and cousins! And he did play most of the midweek game..

I am a little surprised we haven't stuck with the three midfield enforcers for a tough away game like this but in guy we trust!!
  • Valley11 said:

Is there a stream for this ?

callum, Callum, CALLUM??
  • If there is a stream I am afraid I will decamp to there.
  • seth plum said:

If there is a stream I am afraid I will decamp to there.

Won't you get wet ?
  • Looks like Luzon reckons we've got more chance of getting in behind Derby than against QPR, going with a proper attacking left winger rather than Cousins tucking in and providing support going backwards. Brave and hopefully inspired. At the very least we're going for it
  • Does anyone have Player yet?
  • Rob said:

Does anyone have Player yet?

Nope
  • Rob said:

Nope
    dont think they are starting until 2.45, I've just tweeted them to get confirmation
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob said:

no,nothing yet
  • Rob said:

Nope
    dont think they are starting until 2.45, I've just tweeted them to get confirmation
    Thanks Red
  • The risk is how much cover tracking back will JBG and Cebellos give, however judging by last week Kashi is a big plus helping out all over the defensive situations.
    I think Watt will play deeper than Mac, and I hope he is able to get purchase on the ball in that position to do damage either with runs or decent passes to JBG and Cebellos, or to Cousins in a clean position facing the play.
    I expect Mackie to be a big pain in the arse for Derby, and to be dominant as the first to go for the ball when facing set pieces, leaving Bauer and Diarra to stay with their men.
  • I believe Ince will not be playing wide for Derby, but be in behind the front two. So the Derby blokes say anyway.
  • here we go on player
  • seth plum said:

I don't really see it as Ba being dropped so much as a bit of rotation. Luzon is aware we have another game Tuesday. Ba has featured a lot in pre season and so far, and is on the bench so still involved. I see the replacement of Ba and KAG as pretty much fair enough when the finer margins are considered, especially with Cousins likely to be back in the middle.
    I am not absolutely convinced we will be 442 though, the Cebellos role might be a surprise (although I don't see him playing in goal)!

I think we'll go 4-4-2, has Guy ever used anything other formation in a competitive game? If he has it hasn't happened often.
  • Away fans at the same end but in the other corner to what we used to be , well last time I was here couple of years ago
    Derby fans singing since i was young and we join in with our version ....
    Charlton fans in good voice only the football to spoil it now ....
  • 10 mins till ko...COYR's
  • here we go on player

Not for me its not
  • Think Ba and Kashi are going to be interchangeable. Left sided role is up for grabs between Bergdich and ceballos. Surprised he's gone for the latter in an away match but he's not called much wrong so far so let's see.
  • Sponsored links:

• here we go on player

Not for me its not
    Refreshed and its ok now.
  • Jason Shackell of Derby says he is glad to return to Derby, he says the mood amongst the players is good, thinks they can up a gear or two.
  • Think Ba and Kashi are going to be interchangeable. Left sided role is up for grabs between Bergdich and ceballos. Surprised he's gone for the latter in an away match but he's not called much wrong so far so let's see.

I see Ba as more of a box to box centre mid! So more interchangeable with cousins! I see Jackson as back up to Kashi in the holding role!
  • Teams on way out.....COYR's
  • Players Coming Out.

When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!
  • good atmosphere.....now lets get those points addicks!!!
  • apologies upfront for any typos and spelling mistakes...will try and update as quickly as possible
  • They just called him 'David' Pope.

I see Ba as more of a box to box centre mid! So more interchangeable with cousins! I see Jackson as back up to Kashi in the holding role!
    Yep you could be right CA. Good to have some options for a change whatever the case :-)

It's certainly braver than a lot of managers would be away at Derby. Saying that, from the little we've seen, Ceballos could be the kind of player that that can put a home team on the back foot early doors - beat a player or two early on/a couple of good runs and it immediately creates that reservation for derby to commit too many forward down their right.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!