Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Derby Match thread 15/8/15

Afternoon all...here we go then with our first away league match of the season. A good win last week v's QPR and a demolition of Daggers in the league Cup, but this I feel will be a stern test. It'll be interesting to see what formation GL puts out, as he says he wants to win every game I don't suppose it'll be too defensive.
I fancy us to get a point here at least, but a win would really make other teams sit up and take notice!! I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them.............COYR's!!!

Comments

• The Addicks will be wearing red shirts, white shorts and red socks this afternoon.
  • CHARLTON | Pope, Solly (c), Diarra, Bauer, Fox, Gudmundsson, Kashi, Cousins, Ceballos, Watt, Makienok.
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Mitov, Sarr, Bergdich, Jackson, Ba, Ghoochannejhad, Ahearne-Grant
  • Interesting team with a couple of changes from last week
  • Choppy and changy
  • Good team to pick away from home whilst that looks a pretty strong bench bar Mitov (Simply because of age / experience) for once... Any one of those players could change the game for us
  • So that's two changes from last weekend's 2-0 win over QPR, with Watt and Ceballos coming in for Ahearne-Grant and Ba.
  • Derby - Carson, Forsyth, Keogh, Hendrick, Martin, Russell, Baird, Shackell, Ince, Hanson, Thorne
  • Sponsored links:

• Derby subs -Grant, Christie, Dawkins, Bent, Weimann, Warnock, Shotton
  • Don't think anyone guessed that. Was going to say what has Ba done wrong but maybe Guy is the Tinkerman?
  • No Ba in starting line up! But Cous back in middle,
  • Two weeks ago I only had trust in Luzon.
    Then a list of unknowns (to me) emerged.
    Now I have trust in Luzon plus the feeling he probably has assembled a decent upper Championship team.

Happy with that.
    Expecting a decent effort from the boys in red.
    A bit like the new look England cricket team.
  • Tinker man?
  • Don't think anyone guessed that. Was going to say what has Ba done wrong but maybe Guy is the Tinkerman?

Guess thats the thing... Bet Luzon doesnt ever want to give the opposition the advantage of knowing what his starting eleven will be every week
  • colin1961 said:

Surprised by Ba he looked pretty good so far .....

Maybe he was a naughty boy in training?
  • Afternoon Red.
    Afternoon everybody. I will be following the match on the Derby County player, and will update from there. Hopefully it will dovetail with Red's stuff, the idea is an 'how others see us' perspective, always interesting who the opposition people see as playing well for us (or badly).
    Usual protocol then, apologies in advance for commentary lagging, my slowness and inevitable typos.
    Big respect as usual to the travelling Addicks.
  • Surprised he's gone with Ceballos in an away game where we're likely to be under pressure. Admittedly haven't seen anything of him but he doesn't strike me as the type to track back and get stuck in. Then again i don't see him in training every day so i trust Luzon.

Derby's bench is very strong. Most of them would walk into a lot of championship starting XI's
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know where I can listen? BBC London?
  • Derby County manager Clement sees us as well organised and compact, they have researched us, and he hopes to respond well from midweek and 'put things right'.
  • D Bent in the bench. Sure he'll get a good reception from our fans.

Only really one change as Watt is first choice.

Glad that is allows JC to come back into the middle.

With cebelos seems any attacking side.

C'mon you Addicks
  • Unless Pope throws one in, I fancy us for at least a point. This line-up has a strong spine and plenty of creativity.COYRs.
  • There has got to be at least one goal in that team surely?
    Clean sheet lads.
  • Our players are warming up now, just the Derby keepers at the moment.
  • afternoon @sethplum and thanks as ever for doing the 'opposition' perspective. can we keep prem scores off here as well please.
    cheers RedM
  • I think Luzon has earned our trust regarding team selection by now. COYR
  • Seems abit harsh on ba as thought he done very well in both games so far and broke up a few opposition attacks, maybe carrying a slight knock or just the fact he's not used to playing every week? All speculation but good to see Cousins in the middle again and nice to have these options. Hopefully Ceballos can get on the ball and use his quality, in Luzon we trust. COYR!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!