Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho and the Lady Doctor.

What comes first the players welfare or the Result ?
Who's call should it be when a player is laying on the ground the medic or the manager ?
Is she just being punished for thanking people on social media for their support ?
Do you cross The chosen one at your peril ?
Does she know the off side rule ?
Has Jose every had Medical training ?
Do we Care ?
To stop me asking any more Questions.

Give me some Answers my fellow Charlton lifers ?

Comments

• And should the lady doctor in question be made a "Would Ya?"
  • I presume the referee allowed the trainers/doctors on the pitch ?
  • 'lady doctor' - is she a gynaecologist?
  • Carter said:

And should the lady doctor in question be made a "Would Ya?"

If you wouldn't then chicks ain't your thing. Worst would ya ever!
    And pray, young man, could you explain what "chicks" are?

• Seriously?
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

And should the lady doctor in question be made a "Would Ya?"

If you wouldn't then chicks ain't your thing. Worst would ya ever!
    And pray, young man, could you explain what "chicks" are?

Young Birds.
  • Carter said:

Seriously?

Of course not Carter.

You must be a lot younger than me though, because in my day we used to call them "birds"

• I think Jose had every right to be angry and to givie her a public bollocking. She made a big mistake which could have cost Chelsea a point. She compounded the error by resorting to social media. I think her position is untenable now so I expect her to leave soon. Which is unfortunate because I always liked seeing her face on the Chelsea bench.

She was doing her job, got called on by the ref and followed the other physio.

Just Jose deflecting attention away from dropping two points and being outplayed by Swansea, as is his way. Very poor if it affects her livelihood.

• edited August 2015

Maybe Jose should be more angry with Eden Hazard for feigning injury because if he hadnt then no need for the Doc to go on the pitch

Agree. He was as much to blame as her. Maybe more. If your team is down a man in the last few minutes you should know that you do not seek or give the ref cause to think you need medical treatment unless you 100% need that treatment.
  • Also, I love her a bit.

My favourite member of anyone's medical staff since we had the guy who threw pies out.
  • Only one person in the wrong over this and that is Jose himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm growing increasingly tired of Jose.
    I used to think he was good for the Premier League but his constant attention seeking ( or deflecting the stories from his team) is wearing a little thin.
    The Physio made a small mistake yet he's hung her out to dry. How childish.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is more to this than meets the eye.

Agree with you, the majority of 5 year olds are more mature than him, as good as he may be at his job. And arguably, she didn't even make a mistake at all.
  • Maybe Jose should be more angry with Eden Hazard for feigning injury because if he hadnt then no need for the Doc to go on the pitch

Agree. He was much to blame as her. Maybe more. If your team is down a man in the last few minutes you should know that you not seek or give the ref cause to think you need medical treatment unless you 100% need that treatment.
    That's it there

Mourinho's defence of cynical behaviour like this makes any nonsense he comes out with about his medical staff sound even more ridiculous than it currently does.

Hazard was just tired. He'd be quick as a fox to accuse another team of pissing about of they'd done what his golden boy had done
  • I think Jose had every right to be angry and to givie her a public bollocking. She made a big mistake which could have cost Chelsea a point. She compounded the error by resorting to social media. I think her position is untenable now so I expect her to leave soon. Which is unfortunate because I always liked seeing her face on the Chelsea bench.

What big mistake? Hazard shouldn't have been rolling around if nothing was wrong - The medical staff were doing their job.
  • If the players stopped feigning injury it wouldn't be an issue. She was just doing her job. Mourinho and Chelsea have embarrassed themselves, end of.
  • edited August 2015
    foxjam said:

I think Jose had every right to be angry and to givie her a public bollocking. She made a big mistake which could have cost Chelsea a point. She compounded the error by resorting to social media. I think her position is untenable now so I expect her to leave soon. Which is unfortunate because I always liked seeing her face on the Chelsea bench.

Well I don't think medical staff should take tactics into consideration at all, only the well-being of the player. If they have to wait in order to make a decision, that could be valuable time lost. The game itself is irrelevant compared to the health of a player. Secondly, the reff waved on the medical staff. Thirdly, Mourinho has a go at them for not understanding tactics, when he's the one who can't beat Swansea at home with arguable the best squad in the country. A lot of people are saying it's a diversion tactic, obviously Mourinho is known for this, but this could cost this poor woman her job.
    Clearly Hazard was not seriously injured. The mistake of going onto the pitch is not what might cost her her job. It is her use of social media which I think is seen as the serious transgression.
  • Maybe Jose should be more angry with Eden Hazard for feigning injury because if he hadnt then no need for the Doc to go on the pitch

Knowing Jose, i would imagine he gave a tacit sign to his star player to waste a bit of time as Swansea were quite capable of winning that match.
    Hence why he said Eden injury was nothing.
    The doctor was unaware of this and after getting the referee permission ran on to the pitch. Both Manager and player were doing what they thought was right and the doctor did what she thought was right. This really should have stayed in house, But Jose wanted to deflect the loss.
    He may have opened up a hornets nest.

Ps I have a young Female doctor and Mrs Soapbox wants to know why after never going to the doctors for years, do i seemed to have a season ticket for the doctors.
    "Prevention is better than cure" was the best i could think up under pressure !

• I'm normally a big fan of Mourinho but this whole thing leaves a sour taste. Apparently the ref twice signalled her to come on, and considering the fuss and accusations he made when Cech got injured at Reading it seems all a bit bizarre. However part of being a manager is never being afraid to contradict yourself.

His normal tactic is to deflect criticism of the team by making himself the centre of attention - this is why players will run through walls for him, but this episode just makes him look like a bit of a bully.
  • Also, I love her a bit.

So do I.
  • Bloody hell surprised there's no pictures up yet :-)))