Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Charlton ever qualified for Europe

Comments

• Clubs like Spurs Arsenal and Cheslea have had a quite obviously but doubt I would every do Galatasaray Roma or Napoli away, no point risking your life but would like somewhere mad like Poland or Serbia for something you won't ever get in England without the risk of being killed
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Prefer Huddersfield to Europe?
  • You'd soon get sick of 95% of your home games being played on a Sunday.
  • Remember when we went to Spain in the Anglo-Italian Cup?!

In all seriousness, I'd be all over it. Genuinely thought it might happen before Parker downed tools, but it could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity if it ever came along.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Prefer Huddersfield to Europe?
    I'd prefer you stayed banned PCCHARLTON . Your obsession is boring.
  • No, prefer football to wannabe hooligan masturbation from trolls like you.

• JohnBoyUK said:

You'd soon get sick of 95% of your home games being played on a Sunday.

Yeah that's a negative but would happily put up with that, would be old to have a foreign club come a play at the Valley too, depending on the club they would most likely bring a large amount of fans too with it being London and lots of different nationalities living close by
  • Bit different to 3,000 QPR in the Jimmy Seed, look at Rapid Wien at Villa, Paok at Spurs and Aris at Man city, imagine any if them rocking up at the Valley
  • Good question actually have we ever had any set of foreign fans down at the Valley? Friendly game or something ?
  • edited August 2015
    You are very kind to that lot. Thought I'd better amend…
    Yeah luckily wasn't life threatening but still you have to be careful when going to places like that especially Millwall who obviously used to have a reputation for trouble but you don't want to joke around with Ferencvaros hooligans and they sort of 'welcomed' Millwall to European hooligans, think there was 2 or 3 fights and Millwall lost them all but yeah using knives in cowardly but still the trip would have shown everyone who only thinks of Green Street when someone says hooligans how dangerous and real Europeans are, doubt if charlton every played abroad that anyone would be stupid enough to look for trouble like that but you've gotta know what it's like where your going can't be naive

• Sponsored links:

• Your perk-on has gone down since you got banned i take it?
  • Good question actually have we ever had any set of foreign fans down at the Valley?

Cardiff last season.
  • edited August 2015
    IA said:

Good question actually have we ever had any set of foreign fans down at the Valley?

Cardiff last season.
    And Millwank - they're from an altogether different planet.
  • Have been following Charlton since I was 6 years old and 51 now, still meet with a mate who I used to go home and away with on the beer every game back in the day and we have always said if Charlton did ever qualify for Europe no doubt it would be some god forsaken ex Soviet back water but wherever it was we would be there
  • I think there were some Dutch a few years back and unless I'm dreaming Dirk Kuyt was playing.
  • David where have you gone?
  • I prefer not to think about it as it depresses me too much - we blew our big chance in 04 and I can't see it happening again. I fail to understand how anyone would not want a crack at it.

Suffice to say though, having followed England away many times, if the chance did ever arise, i'd move heaven and earth to make sure I was there as nothing beats it.
    For those who are desperate there is always pre-season (I admit our fixtures are pretty underwhelming compared to other clubs) as you get the joy of the trip abroad without being overly worried about the usually cack 90 mins football.

• edited August 2015

Yes, they had a cracker

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/millwall-fan-fights-for-life-7226396.html

Yeah luckily wasn't life threatening but still you have to be careful when going to places like that especially Millwall who obviously used to have a reputation for trouble but you don't want to joke around with Ferencvaros hooligans and they sort of 'welcomed' Millwall to European hooligans, think there was 2 or 3 fights and Millwall lost them all but yeah using knives in cowardly but still the trip would have shown everyone who only thinks of Green Street when someone says hooligans how dangerous and real Europeans are, doubt if charlton every played abroad that anyone would be stupid enough to look for trouble like that but you've gotta know what it's like where your going can't be naive

Why are you making up complete crap?
  • SLL - I didn't want to comment as I usually get sly comments from some of our posters when discussing the subject, but from what i know, I was thinking exactly the same!!
  • SLL - I didn't want to comment as I usually get sly comments from some of our posters when discussing the subject, but from what i know, I was thinking exactly the same!!

It was a cracking few days out there. Almost the opposite to how the teenage ultra portrays little out of their depth naive Millwall to be!

As you say further up, if you get the chance do a euro trip you have to make all the effort to do it. We officially had 1,200 out there, but about another 1,000 went and vast majority were all allowed in on the night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why was this guy banned?
  • I think there were some Dutch a few years back and unless I'm dreaming Dirk Kuyt was playing.

We played Feyernoord in a PSF and Dirk Kurt was totally outshone by Darren Bent.
  • cafctom said:

Why was this guy banned?

Not sure but was only allowed back if he refused to use full stops in his posts.
    Doing well so far.
  • cafctom said:

Why was this guy banned?

Cos he's a plum.
  • cafctom said:

Why was this guy banned?

Cos he's a plum.
    Seth Plum better watch out!! :-)
  • cafctom said:

Why was this guy banned?

Cos he's a plum.
    Easy
  • cafctom said:

Why was this guy banned?

I'd love to get banned from this squeaky clean wannabe premier league elderly thing

• I saw Leaburn score a competitive goal in Italy for us. I think that's as good as it's going to get for us in my lifetime.
  • Weren't we on the verge of qualifying through fair play at the end of the 2005/06?As I remember, jens lehmann's red card in the champs league final meant England didn't qualify to send a team. Something like that?

Not sure how our league form could have been any worse the following season if we had qualified...
  • We've played AEK Athens / Chievo Verona / Den Bosch / Atletic Bilbao down the Valley in recent Pre-Season Friendlies whilst we also played against Hearts in a Testimonial for Curbishley (?)

We almost qualified via. the Fair Play route a good few years ago yet we went into a draw with about eight other countries, only two got drawn out to play in the UEFA Cup and we werent one of them