Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Charlton ever qualified for Europe

Wondering if we ever qualified for say Europa League like West Ham through fair play what people would think? Would fans be ignorant and boring and want to get knocked out to focus on finishing 15th or would we take many fans out there, would be a big reality check for some fans but would personally love it, also wondering the commitment of some fans to travelling as many people would find an excuse like money when fans particularly ultras from countries all over Europe travel long distances on coaches with beer etc for a 'European adventure' and ride in a massive convoy and having to stay organised aware in some places, Also playing in Europe doesn't ruin your league chances that's a premier league myth but I would wonder if more than 50 would go to some places as we now have a old fan base and lack of young and any form of 'support' if you get what I mean, anyone else think the same? Huddersfield away or a crazy trip to somewhere random in Europe, guess only European games we get is England but remember Millwall in Budapest a while back taking over 1,000 and having a good time

Comments

• They played Ferencvaros who doubt many people on here know but would love that away day even if their ultras are currently boycotting and would shock ignorant people who think its a dump as they have a more modern stadium than most in the world
  • Can you post without using the term ULTRA? What is your interpretation of the word ULTRA? Are you still in Red Division or did they ban you too?
  • Riviera said:

Can you post without using the term ULTRA? What is your interpretation of the word ULTRA? Are you still in Red Division or did they ban you too?

Banned me so now I run a distribution of artificial firearms company
  • Riviera said:

Can you post without using the term ULTRA? What is your interpretation of the word ULTRA? Are you still in Red Division or did they ban you too?

Banned me so now I run a distribution of artificial firearms company
    Can you get hold of any decent old fashioned cap guns or water pistols?
  • Would make a big effort as it might not happen again for another 110 years.
  • Charlton in Europe is something that I havent spent a lot of thought on, not unless they resurrect the Anglo-Italian Cup in which we did so well. I wouldnt bother stocking up on fireworks and flares as no doubt they will have passed their Use By Date before we get to use them.
  • We have an away match in Scotlamd this weekend. But you will probably be ignorant and boring and not bother.
  • IA said:

We have an away match in Scotlamd this weekend. But you will probably be ignorant and boring and not bother.

Is Derby in Scotland?
  • I think so
  • According to Dale Stephens atlas it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• We came so close in '04... and if Parker had stayed or Millwall not made the cup it would have become a reality as it did for a few other clubs of similar stature to us around that time ... Boro and Bolton come to mind...
  • edited August 2015
    Yes - I would sell a kidney to fund the trip if necessary.

BTW - I have just noticed that mascot88 is the "Welcome Officer". Which begs the question, who is the "unwelcome officer"?
  • Didn't we qualify for the intertoto cup during the Curbs era? He didn't fancy it as it would have meant starting the season in July. I may have imagined this....
  • i'd be very pleased if we qualified, however it's a moot point, it just isn't going to happen in my lifetime.

P.S I'm only 27
  • Wondering if we ever qualified for say The Europa League......but remember Millwall in Budapest a while back taking over 1,000 and having a good time

Yes, they had a cracker

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/millwall-fan-fights-for-life-7226396.html
  • I would literally go any watch us anywhere if we somehow qualified for the Europa league via fair play etc.........
  • ...Also playing in Europe doesn't ruin your league chances that's a premier league myth ...

Er, sorry, I beg to differ.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

...Also playing in Europe doesn't ruin your league chances that's a premier league myth ...

Oh come on John, Tottenham were never really in with a chance were they? :wink:
  • I reckon there's a possibility that Seb might make the trip
  • Sponsored links:

• Qualification means breaking into the top ten clubs.

With the money now available to the top teams I think it's virtually impossible.

I would be perfectly happy to see Charlton establish themselves as a top tier club and be run in a sustainable way as to ensure the clubs survival.

• JohnBoyUK said:

...Also playing in Europe doesn't ruin your league chances that's a premier league myth ...

Oh come on John, Tottenham were never really in with a chance were they? :wink:
    Lol, not now they arent.
  • PopIcon said:

Didn't we qualify for the intertoto cup during the Curbs era? He didn't fancy it as it would have meant starting the season in July. I may have imagined this....

The Inter Toto Cup was appropriately named as it is Latin for 'Between death'.
  • Talking Inter Toto Cup, can anyone remember which Charlton player turned out for Spurs on loan in 1995?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Talking Inter Toto Cup, can anyone remember which Charlton player turned out for Spurs on loan in 1995?

Super Alan Pardew
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Talking Inter Toto Cup, can anyone remember which Charlton player turned out for Spurs on loan in 1995?

Super Alan Pardew
    It was indeed. The second game still sits as Spurs' heaviest defeat on the record books. 8-0 to FC Koln.

• JohnBoyUK said:

randomly I think this was Pardew (no idea how I know that)

• Yes, they had a cracker

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/millwall-fan-fights-for-life-7226396.html

Yeah luckily wasn't life threatening but still you have to be careful when going to places like that especially Millwall who obviously used to have a reputation for trouble but you don't want to joke around with Ferencvaros hooligans and they sort of 'welcomed' Millwall to European hooligans, think there was 2 or 3 fights and Millwall lost them all but yeah using knives in cowardly but still the trip would have shown everyone who only thinks of Green Street when someone says hooligans how dangerous and real Europeans are, doubt if charlton every played abroad that anyone would be stupid enough to look for trouble like that but you've gotta know what it's like where your going can't be naive
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz