Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comparisons to Tony Watt Watt Watt

2»

Comments

• Boysie said:

David Whyte

Has his ability to twist and turn defenders inside out and to score goals. Let us hope not another one season wonder.
  • He's not the messiah"

According to Guy, he's a very naughty boy.
  • David Whyte is a good call not just on his skill but on his reputation as someone hard to manage (deserved or not that is the reputation).

Paul Walsh too in terms of tricks and turns although I remember both being faster than Watt.
  • He's a genuine joy to watch and maybe the most positive player I've seen turn out for us.
  • edited August 2015
    He reminds me more of a Ricardo Fuller type, with his ability to get by people where there doesn't seem a way through.

Edit: Hey, great minds Scoham and I always said you were the best analyst on here :smile:
  • He's an old style Saturday man who plays his best football with a striking partner in front of a crowd
  • He's not the messiah"

At last.

• Boysie said:

David Whyte

The first name that sprang to my mind too...........
  • Sponsored links:

• He's not the messiah"

At last.

You set'em up, I'll knock'em in.
  • He's not the messiah"

At last.

You set'em up, I'll knock'em in.
  • Yeah alright. I heard you. ;0)
  • edited August 2015

David Whyte is a good call not just on his skill but on his reputation as someone hard to manage (deserved or not that is the reputation).

Paul Walsh too in terms of tricks and turns although I remember both being faster than Watt.

Agree with Walsh, his skills were just like Tony's.
    David Whyte's big problem was time keeping.
    The fact that Tony has now had issues with the Celtic manager, the Scottish U21 coach, and in Belgium with Luzon, plus whatever occurred between them at sparrows lane. Doesn't auger well for a long relationship.
    The good news was Luzon praising Tony.
    For anyone who missed the comments(on Post match) that were said to me by Tony Watt when he left the ground
    "Magic 45 minutes Tony, i hope you enjoyed it as much as the fans"
    The reply
    "Cheers i did, Better than sitting on the bench."

The irony is, if he'd run around and the ball was not played to his feet in the 1st half in that heat, would he have been so sharp in the second ?

another case of serendipity.

Magic Feet Tony is an extrovert on the field and an introvert off it.
    Well with people he doesn't know well.

I would make Mrs Leaburn his Personal liaison officer.

• I actually think Watt enjoys it when the defender gets physical and starts pushing and grabbing, he has a low centre of mass and seems able to turn the defender who's tugging his shirt. I'm sure I can see a smile on his face when he gets round someone.
  • foxjam said:

I actually think Watt enjoys it when the defender gets physical and starts pushing and grabbing, he has a low centre of mass and seems able to turn the defender who's tugging his shirt. I'm sure I can see a smile on his face when he gets round someone.

He loves it, he's got the strength to hold them of and ability to roll them. Fact that two of his best performances have come against Clint Hill and Tony Craig (Horrible cheating defenders) probably helps prove that point.
  • What did he do in training to get dropped to the bench though?
  • Dazzler21 said:

What did he do in training to get dropped to the bench though?

He did a Steve Harrison whilst singing a Eurythmics classic.
  • edited August 2015
    I'd also say David White. Very good in one on one situations and deceptively quick.

However, there is nobody in Charlton terms comparable to Paul Mortimer when it comes to dribbling and ball control IMO. Wonderful player to watch.
  • Claus Jensen best dribbler.

Faster with ball than without.

Watt mortimer Jensen way out in front for dribbling skills