Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch-side Sofa!

Comments

• Options
    Good to see a decent Couch behind the team.

Sofa so good.

Think this will help us with our settee pieces.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Good to see a decent Couch behind the team.

Sofa so good.

Think this will help us with our settee pieces.

I hope we get a two goal cushion against QPR.
  • Options
    Cant believe some of the pouffe's on here getting upset over a sofa, look on the bright side, it should stop the subs bench from lounging about!!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I'm going to wait until I can take advantage of the pitchside Dining suite. When it arrives I shall, finally, be able to eat my Hotdog and (13) chips, (with a Bovril), in the manner to which one is normally accustomed. I just hope they use proper serviettes and not paper napkins, and that the waiting staff are not provided from the usual stewardship riff- raff. I also assume that it will be located towards the home end, as I dont want any rough northern types attempting to swipe one of my (13) chips.
  • Options

Cant believe some of the pouffe's on here getting upset over a sofa, look on the bright side, it should stop the subs bench from lounging about!!

We couldn't get any pouffes as they're all down the Stoolbox
  • Options
    Okay, I'm all for publicity and money coming into our club, but watching Sky today, and not really knowing what's been happening for the last 18 months.......

Sorry, just don't get it. Who sits there ? Is there a cost involved ? Is it safe for players and spectators ? What if it rains ? ..........
  • Options
    kisscam will be next

*cringe*
  • Options

I didn't see it but my son says that on Sky it was revealed that a camera will pan around the ground and the group dancing the most will get to go on the sofa.

Someone please tell me he's got it wrong.

As long as they don't mess with the RRR or introduce goal music...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I didn't see it but my son says that on Sky it was revealed that a camera will pan around the ground and the group dancing the most will get to go on the sofa.

I remember going to a godforsaken basketball game in Toronto & this fan dancing malarky was on the giant screens every time there was a break in play (i.e every 60 seconds or so) - it was definitely the only thing that was getting the corndog munching, soda guzzling, iphone fiddling spectators out of their seats. I sat their smugly thinking "our football back home is so much superior to this"......
  • Options
    Real men don't dance.....sorry boring gits like me don't dance.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Real men don't dance.....sorry boring gits like me don't dance.

I'm with you there.
  • Options
    Seriously won't be able to handle that cringefest.
  • Options
    Most men cant dance...
  • Options
    No way sth London is renowned for doing the 2 step
  • Options
    Assume the dance music will be "Sweet Dreams" in honour of Luzon?
  • Options
    I can effing dance...to the right music.
    I hope they pan onto me whilst playing Allegri's Misere.
  • Options

Okay, I'm all for publicity and money coming into our club, but watching Sky today, and not really knowing what's been happening for the last 18 months.......

Sorry, just don't get it. Who sits there ? Is there a cost involved ? Is it safe for players and spectators ? What if it rains ? ..........

And more to the point MOG, do they need a nice bit shag pile carpet fitted to match the sofa?
  • Options

Don't worry, this is Britain and Charlton we're talking about - it probably won't get much more enthusiastic than this.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't worry, this is Britain and Charlton we're talking about - it probably won't get much more enthusiastic than this.

Henry Jnr has started practising already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN12E7h023E
  • Options
    The sofa would be better used as a warning against fly tipping
  • Options
    Dance contest to win the "prize" to get to sit on a sofa at a live football match, please no, whoever is in charge of our marketing ideas, you had your fun but now just stop it, you will be welcomed with open arms at a certain rival club.
  • Options

That is exactly how it was described to me.

All sorts of fun and games at the Valley this year. No cheerleaders though, so that is something.
  • Options
    I think we should lob rotten tomatoes and eggs at the sofa :smile:
  • Options

Dance contest to win the "prize" to get to sit on a sofa at a live football match, please no, whoever is in charge of our marketing ideas, you had your fun but now just stop it, you will be welcomed with open arms at a certain rival club.

To be fair that bunch of cockwombles wouldn't have a sofa, they'd have a chaise longue ''cos it's foreign innit Nigel? More authentic bro....
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    This is a Baseball promotion if I've ever seen one. Just about every game I have ever gone to here in the states has had some gimmick like this or a funky competition where the participants get prizes or benefits for winning. Like KM said today this is a first in English football, just doesn't seem like a footballesque promotion. With that said, after a Belgian takeover these last couple years, is an American takeover next?? :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    How about this for a gimmick ??
    Not seen at the valley for many a year ?
    A striker who can score 15 to 20 goals a season in the championship.(for CAFC !)

If we must have the Kisscam, then i'm changing seats with Richard Murray. :blush:
  • Options

I think we should lob rotten tomatoes and eggs at the sofa :smile:

That's a good alternative. We could have pitch-side stocks. Rather than being arrested, any misbehaving away supporters could be put in the stocks and we could all lob stuff at them. That's entertainment.
  • Options
    Why w