Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Ham

Comments

• The trust seem to have ruffled a few feathers of those involved so I would suggest we let them get on with it. If they are unsuccessful they are unsuccessful. Personally, I am very concerned about Leyton Orient. West Ham was a great club, but now the bigger premiership clubs have become something else and you have to look lower for the great clubs. Leyton Orient is one of them IMO. I think what the trust and others are trying to achieve is a fairer deal for tax payers- not West Ham not having the stadium. This in turn will lessen their ability to damage other clubs by giving tickets away to nick their supporters – both current and potential. Not sure what there is to oppose unless you are a West Ham fan!

Or work for someone connected to the legacy programme...
  • This will be irrelevant when we get promotion next year.....
  • Glad to see we still have some trainspotters in the house!! respect
  • As always, thanks for the update, PA.

And to all the CAST guys involved with & giving up their time for this issue.

Power to the people !
  • Whats the end goal
  • Whats the end goal

see the "Petition" thread.
  • The majority of West Ham's first team squad in Malta this evening for their Europa League tie. 5/6 first team players have stayed at home. Expect to see the likes of Valencia, Sakho, Payet and Jenkinson on Saturday with the majority being under 21 players
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

The majority of West Ham's first team squad in Malta this evening for their Europa League tie. 5/6 first team players have stayed at home. Expect to see the likes of Valencia, Sakho, Payet and Jenkinson on Saturday with the majority being under 21 players

A lot depends on who their subs are tonight and whether they get game time ..
  • WH losing and down to 10 men
  • Selling 1 adult and 1 u21 ticket for the west ham game this saturday, £10 for both
  • Poyet on.
  • TfL says 486 from North Greenwich to Charlton Station takes 10 minutes.
  • Extra Time in Malta
  • Redskin said:

@PragueAddick

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the greater part,I agree with your sentiments.However, I think the projected fear of losing casual support and that of the next generation is slightly dramatic/pessimisstic.Will we lose some casual support? Perhaps.The next generation? Impossible to tell such are the vagaries involved in any club's support.

It would appear your main beef is the stunning largesse afforded West Ham by the people who gave them the deal to the detriment of the taxpayer and potentially Charlton.And there's the rub:it's a done deal.

I don't,as is obvious,know much about the machinations of this deal, but to attempt forcing West Ham into paying a more realistic price seems unfeasible if not impossible,hence my bootless errand remark.

Anyway,regardless of what I think the inevitable outcome will be,I wish the Trust and their allies the best of luck in their campaign,it would be something quite extraordinary if you pull it off.

Please hit your space bar after inserting a comma. Does me 'ead in, and me eyes!
  • Riviera said:

Redskin said:

@PragueAddick

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the greater part,I agree with your sentiments.However, I think the projected fear of losing casual support and that of the next generation is slightly dramatic/pessimisstic.Will we lose some casual support? Perhaps.The next generation? Impossible to tell such are the vagaries involved in any club's support.

It would appear your main beef is the stunning largesse afforded West Ham by the people who gave them the deal to the detriment of the taxpayer and potentially Charlton.And there's the rub:it's a done deal.

I don't,as is obvious,know much about the machinations of this deal, but to attempt forcing West Ham into paying a more realistic price seems unfeasible if not impossible,hence my bootless errand remark.

Anyway,regardless of what I think the inevitable outcome will be,I wish the Trust and their allies the best of luck in their campaign,it would be something quite extraordinary if you pull it off.

Please hit your space bar after inserting a comma. Does me 'ead in, and me eyes!
    You're quite right, of course.
    I'll promise to insert a space after a comma if you promise to use the correct number of dots in an ellipsis...

• SID said:

I didn't say bitter fans Prague I said the trust comes across as bitter. A subtle difference maybe but a difference none the less. The crux of my point of view is that the situation we've all been left with as tax payers is not ideal, it's not right and it's not fair. But it is what it is. It's not West Hams fault it's the fault of the original decision makers which cannot change no matter how much we all wish it could.
    Like I say there is a "friendly" but often noisy rivalry in my family (3 West Ham supporting brothers) and in that context I've no wish for them to succeed at anything. But I just don't know what you expect of West Ham. Should they pay more than they know they have to?
    If the trust succeeds then great but to be honest I personally find it hard to give a toss about what any other club does or gets. I don't think it has the impact on Charlton that most do on here so I guess that's a fundamental difference of opinion that's not likely to change.

Truly staggering post, inertia rules for some folks apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Redskin said:

@PragueAddick

Please can you not insert a comma, before the word "and". :smile:
  • It should be interesting tomorrow if we play a strong team.
  • SIDSID
    edited July 2015

SID said:

I didn't say bitter fans Prague I said the trust comes across as bitter. A subtle difference maybe but a difference none the less. The crux of my point of view is that the situation we've all been left with as tax payers is not ideal, it's not right and it's not fair. But it is what it is. It's not West Hams fault it's the fault of the original decision makers which cannot change no matter how much we all wish it could.
    Like I say there is a "friendly" but often noisy rivalry in my family (3 West Ham supporting brothers) and in that context I've no wish for them to succeed at anything. But I just don't know what you expect of West Ham. Should they pay more than they know they have to?
    If the trust succeeds then great but to be honest I personally find it hard to give a toss about what any other club does or gets. I don't think it has the impact on Charlton that most do on here so I guess that's a fundamental difference of opinion that's not likely to change.

Truly staggering post, inertia rules for some folks apparently.
    Your easily staggered. Inertia doesn't rule my life thanks. I've got a different point of view than you that's all.
  • edited July 2015

Riviera said:

Redskin said:

@PragueAddick

Please can you not insert a comma, before the word "and". :smile:
    In this scenario it is perfectly acceptable as 'ead (assuming head) and eyes are separate clauses. If the sentence had been 'Does me 'ead and eyes in' then clearly this is a list of two features and the comma would have been inappropriate.

Talking of lists, this is another example of where a comma before 'and' is acceptable as long as the list is of three or more. This is known as a 'serial comma' - and example being 'head, eyes, and pedants'.

I'll get me coat and leave, and me hat!
  • I knew I shouldn't have said anything.
  • Not fussed by West Ham. Yes they will impact us, but Sky Television started doing that years ago.
  • Since this thread is about West Ham.... I just saw the highlights of our 4-0 game on YouTube. The image quality is not good but if you don't have CAFCPlayer, this video's worth a look. I still remember vividly I watched this game live on TV, February 2007, eight and a half years ago. How time flies.

https://youtu.be/KuFU5yUyJh0
  • Since this thread is about West Ham.... I just saw the highlights of our 4-0 game on YouTube. The image quality is not good but if you don't have CAFCPlayer, this video's worth a look. I still remember vividly I watched this game live on TV, February 2007, eight and a half years ago. How time flies.

https://youtu.be/KuFU5yUyJh0

If you didn't know anything about the past you'd watch that video and think JFH was one of our star players.
  • RobRob
    edited July 2015
    And it all looked so rosy that day. Not for long though. Great video by the way. :-)