Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPhone 6

2»

Comments

• Galaxy S6 screen is just unbelievable. Apple still use crappy, low resolution screens, don't let you attach multiple file types to emails and it's low ram makes filling out online forms impossible.

...so it's a no from me.

If it was any higher res my eyes probably wouldn't be able to see it. Never had a problem with online forms either. Sounds like anti apple snobbery to me.
  • But if your a bird with tiny hands or even a bloke then that 6 plus is going to not be nice to hold
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Galaxy S6 screen is just unbelievable. Apple still use crappy, low resolution screens, don't let you attach multiple file types to emails and it's low ram makes filling out online forms impossible.

...so it's a no from me.

If it was any higher res my eyes probably wouldn't be able to see it. Never had a problem with online forms either. Sounds like anti apple snobbery to me.
    Well known problem with iPhones.
  • I think it's great, had three iPhones since the 3GS came out and am a long time Mac user so am part of the Apple eco-system.

The 6 was a fantastic upgrade from my 4S and with 128GB I can store all my music and replace my 11 year old frail iPod.

I initially before purchase thought they were pretty big (the plus is still too big for me) but found it okay from the start.

And although the technology is amazing, I still find it amazing how something as small as my great tiny Nokia 8310 could make phone calls.

• JiMMy 85 said:

Galaxy S6 screen is just unbelievable. Apple still use crappy, low resolution screens, don't let you attach multiple file types to emails and it's low ram makes filling out online forms impossible.

...so it's a no from me.

Well known problem with iPhones.
    Obviously not a major one though if I've never had a complaint. Maybe it's because I can't see them on this giant crappy screen that I've dropped three times today because of my Jeremy beadle-sized hands.
  • I'm find the battery on the six rubbish. It was fully charged over night and I'm down to 58% already with just a bit of browsing on the train and maybe about half hour or so here.

Is there something I can do to improve it?
  • Curb_It said:

I'm find the battery on the six rubbish. It was fully charged over night and I'm down to 58% already with just a bit of browsing on the train and maybe about half hour or so here.

My brother got the 6+ and he is having problems with the battery.
    My 6 last about 2 days with Bluetooth on, really think its hit and miss with the battery, might be an idea to take it into Apple.
  • Curb_It said:

I'm find the battery on the six rubbish. It was fully charged over night and I'm down to 58% already with just a bit of browsing on the train and maybe about half hour or so here.

Sounds like you have auto-synch going on in the background. Apps like Facebook, Twitter, GMAIL etc will keep updating in the back-ground if you don't switch them to only update when you request it.

I've also found turning down the screen brightness will help, as will switching off Bluetooth and Location Services.

You should be able to see in settings what is using up the battery.

Settings>General>Usage>Battery Usage
  • Curb_It said:

I've used mine a fair bit more than that, and i'm still at 75%

• Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

You got bluetooth turned on ?
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks.
    Okay I have done that Clem as I did have the auto synch on. It says safari 41% and I had quite a few pages open which I've now shut.
    I shall see how this goes and then may be get it looked at if it doesn't improve.

• No, no Bluetooth on.
  • Curb_It said:

Thanks.
    Okay I have done that Clem as I did have the auto synch on. It says safari 41% and I had quite a few pages open which I've now shut.
    I shall see how this goes and then may be get it looked at if it doesn't improve.

If its Safari using that much I'd also ( if you haven't already ) turn the screen brightness down. Made a big difference to my battery life.

• Shag said:

Curb_It said:

You got bluetooth turned on ?
    Going back to this post. I had to read it and look at it for about 10 mins before answering as I thought it was a trick question as it was far too sensible.
  • I was gonna bluetooth ya some explict messages
  • Can people hack into iphones? I find that a few times when I have left mine on charge videos open and someone sent texts to my mate of jumbled up picture icons also loads of jumbled text saved in my notes...I thought it was something to do with the charger I got from the market.. Anyone else had this?
  • Yes they can.. Guessing your password and other more sinister ways but i expect urs is just corrupted in some way

Anyway this pay thing, really i'm all for technology but this really doesn't appeal, more than happy to carry cards - eggs in one basket, hmm no ta
  • I have a 6 16gb for sale, network free, drop me an inbox if interested
  • Slight diversion but as we off to New York in a couple of weeks both wife and I are contemplating replacing our ageing 5's. Anything we should consider before doing that? I'm already aware that ideally we should buy them online from outside New York to avoid 8% sales tax. Any other pros/cons

@razil I would be interested but think I need more than 16gb, constantly fighting with this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah, make sure you buy the models which work on European networks
  • Rothko said:

Yeah, make sure you buy the models which work on European networks

Thanks. I though t I had read that all new iPhones are global phones, but will certainly check.
  • I asked my wife about iphones from US she said she thought it might be an issue.

My size issue was die to too many game apps loaded by my six yr old
  • razil said:

My size issue

*snigger*
  • Beware of the latest iOS update and the "Wifi assist" which is automatically switched on in the Settings under Mobile Data
    Mate is currently abroad in Cambodia and his phone is with o2 and he switched off his mobile data and data roaming because he was away and was only using the wifi (so he thought)
    He then got a text off o2 saying they were stopping his data because he'd run up £17,383 in charges on it !!!!
    The "wifi assist" automatically uses your data on 4g if it's more powerful than the wifi you are connected to and overrides the fact you have turned off mobile data !

He has rung them and o2 said it was a common problem and that they would sort something out !!

So make sure you turn off wifi assist if you don't wanna burn money on mobile data