Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPhone 6

I got it yesterday and don't like it. It's far to big don't fancy carrying it about it the pocket. Is the iPhone 5s still a good phone?

Just thought I'd ask

Comments

• Did you get the 6 or the 6 plus? I had the 5 before and switched to the 6 last summer , I even have a lifeproof case on mine which makes it l larger and when I now use my wife's 5C it feels tiny.

Stick with it you'll soon get used to it.
  • I have a 5s and it is fine with the latest iOS. But it now feels small and will probably move up to a 6s later in the year.

Granted the phone 6 plus is big but the the iPhone 6 looks the right size to me.
  • I hated it when I first got mine, but it has grown on me.

The battery life is shite though, especially for people like me who spend far too much time on the internet and twitter etc.
  • You get used to it. I came from an iPhone 4 straight to the iPhone 6 and after a week or so all the other phones feel too small.

Rumours are apple pay is being released today. Can't wait to scratch my iPhone up when I tap in instead of an oyster.
  • Apple Pay released today for those on NatWest, Nationwide, Santander, Ulster, MBNA and RBS
  • Maybe it will grow on me though. That 6plus is a horrendous size
  • Rothko said:

Apple Pay released today for those on NatWest, Nationwide, Santander, Ulster, MBNA and RBS

Bugger. Barclays being a dick again.
  • yep, them and Lloyds are being silly. Lloyds are taking a kicking on twitter from account holders at the moment
  • A quick google says Barclays will support it. Just don't know when.
  • Big phones are great, my Samsung galaxy s5 is huge and people pointed this out at first thinking it was silly but I got used to it and now I love having a big screen.

Stick with it, you'll love it
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    I have tried putting this thread
    in Google translate but it doesn't work.
  • When is next IPhone out ? i have a Sony Experia Z2 which is a horrendous phone that constantly has unwanted Sony apps downloading on it filling up my memory and they can't be deleted.
    My contract runs out in 10 months .
  • As a Barclays customer and iPhone 6 user, I'm actually quite pleased that they have taken a step back and a watching brief.
  • When is next IPhone out ? i have a Sony Experia Z2 which is a horrendous phone that constantly has unwanted Sony apps downloading on it filling up my memory and they can't be deleted.
    My contract runs out in 10 months .

End of September every year usually.
  • I got it yesterday and don't like it. It's far to big don't fancy carrying it about it the pocket. Is the iPhone 5s still a good phone?

Just thought I'd ask

I thought the exact same when I got mine I thought I'd made the worst mistake in my life.

It is big but give it time, battery life is worth it alone for the slight size upgrade!
  • Just used apple pay for the first time at Starbucks bluewater. Got a blank look when I asked if the accept it.
  • I'd stick with it - I have 2 phones, one for work and one personal. My work iphone is a 6 and reading emails is a doddle, but when I use my personal one, it's so small and clunky in comparison. I use the work one the majority of the time. Personal one is a 5c.
  • As a Barclays customer and iPhone 6 user, I'm actually quite pleased that they have taken a step back and a watching brief.

You're being generous in the extreme to Barclays, more to do with them trying to launch there own contactless option, and seeing it tank
  • Am going to be upgrading in a few months... What do people think of the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?
  • Good phones but lack the expandable memory that previous Samsung phones had.

There's a big price difference between the two as well, you pay a lot more for IMO not a lot on the Edge. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Just moved to the iPhone 6 from 5s a couple of weeks back because the 6 now has a mophie (battery pack thing to stick on it)
    The battery on the 6 is a bit better but with the mophie on it and the rubber protector it's as big as a house (but I only take that if out all day with no access to a charger obviously)
    Took a few days to get used to using the 6, as in typing and holding phone in one hand but all ok now
  • I got it yesterday and don't like it. It's far to big don't fancy carrying it about it the pocket.

buckshee said:

Did you get the 6 or the 6 plus? I had the 5 before and switched to the 6 last summer , I even have a lifeproof case on mine which makes it l larger and when I now use my wife's 5C it feels tiny.

Stick with it you'll soon get used to it.

But it now feels small and will probably move up to a 6s later in the year.

Granted the 6 plus is big.

I hated it when I first got mine, but it has grown on me.

The battery life is shite though, especially for people like me who spend far too much time on the internet and twitter etc.

Maybe it will grow on me though. That 6plus is a horrendous size

If you don't read the title and go straight to the comments on this thread, you might think you've clicked onto an entirely different type of forum. Especially this one...

You get used to it. I came ...

• Am going to be upgrading in a few months... What do people think of the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?

I have got an S6 and love it, didn't go for the Edge because the additional cost didn't seem worth it.

The samsung galaxy s6 is a superb phone. The lack of expandable memory isnt much of a problem for me (although maybe in 18 months time nwar the end of my contract it might be).

I have had iphones in the past and a few mates have iphone 6...the samsung is far superior in my opinion, but i guess it may be down to personal preference (the iphone 6 is still a brilliant brilliant phone).

The samsung has by far the better screen, its great for movies, games and pictures. The multi window tool is also great when checking details online whilst emailing for example.
  • I've just got the 6, did think about 6plus but as I don't usually carry a bag thought it was too big and somehow seems to defeat the point of the iphone in the first.
    I think I'd go for a pad rather than the plus.
  • 6 plus is the best thing I've ever bought.
  • Galaxy S6 screen is just unbelievable. Apple still use crappy, low resolution screens, don't let you attach multiple file types to emails and it's low ram makes filling out online forms impossible.

...so it's a no from me.
  • Went from a 4 to a 6 and it's ideal. The 6 plus looks too big though, it must be like carrying a tv around.
  • I have a six plus. For two weeks I have ought I'd made a huge mistake, and considered swapping it for the smaller one. Now, I can't imagine using a small phone. The things people say about it are nonsense. It fits in my pocket, I don't have problems holding it... The size creates no issues at all. But it's brilliant to use, for work especially.
  • edited July 2015