Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Martane (new assistant manager)

Comments

• Strange timing
  • I really do think DM could be on his way out then.
  • edited July 2015
    This shows that Roland is not just backing out of football. Still keen to get someone who was a key member of staff at SL over to CAFC. For that reason alone it has to be a positive.

Wonder if it has pissed off SL - and had an impact on the Bulot farce?
  • WSS said:

I really do think DM could be on his way out then.

We shall await the SLP interview if that happens
  • how tall is he?
  • How long before this bloke is head coach
  • Sponsored links:

• This shows that Roland is not just backing out of football. Still keen to get someone who was a key member of staff at SL over to CAFC. For that reason alone it has to be a positive.

Wonder if it has pissed off SL - and had an impact on the Bulot farce?

I like this. If Roland saw this bloke as a key figure at Standard and he is bringing him over to us, I agree that can only be a good thing.
  • The last of an era left at CAFC is DM, can't foresee him staying too much longer. Huddersfield perhaps in some vacinity? Also welcome David.
  • OS says "First team Coach" but then the page doesn't load.
    Is that different to "Assistant Coach"?
  • WSS said:

I really do think DM could be on his way out then.

Surely they could do with another of our ex-coaches at Brighton or Huddersfield ?
  • Charlton can confirm that David Martene will be joining the club as first-team coach
    George Jones reports

Charlton can confirm that David Martane will be joining the club as First-Team Coach.

Martane previously worked under Head Coach Guy Luzon at Standard Liege as the Belgian club finished top of the Pro League during the regular season in 2014, securing a place in the Champions League qualifying rounds.

His appointment to the backroom staff sees Damian Matthew step up to the role of Assistant Head Coach and he will be joining the first-team squad for the first time as they head to Belgium for a training camp on Tuesday.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-david-martene-2544870.aspx#ckJDZKXGk8lzZjeV.99

Welcome George Jones and David.
  • Charlton can confirm that David Martene will be joining the club as first-team coach
    George Jones reports

Charlton can confirm that David Martane will be joining the club as First-Team Coach.

Martane previously worked under Head Coach Guy Luzon at Standard Liege as the Belgian club finished top of the Pro League during the regular season in 2014, securing a place in the Champions League qualifying rounds.

His appointment to the backroom staff sees Damian Matthew step up to the role of Assistant Head Coach and he will be joining the first-team squad for the first time as they head to Belgium for a training camp on Tuesday.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-david-martene-2544870.aspx#ckJDZKXGk8lzZjeV.99

Welcome George Jones and David.

Bring your Goalie gloves
  • I thought Luzon was the 1st team Coach ?

Is Luzon now the Manager ?

Wtf .................. ??????????
  • Sponsored links:

Guy is Head Coach
    Damian Matthew is Assistant Head Coach
    David Martane is First Team Coach

Damian Matthew was previously First Team Coach.

• So Damian Matthew has been "upgraded" from first team coach, to assistant head coach? Lol interesting
  • To many DMs.

Guy is Head Coach
    Damian Matthew is Assistant Head Coach
    David Martane is First Team Coach

Damian Matthew was previously First Team Coach.

And who is assistant first team coach?