Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options

colthe3rd said:

Chunes said:

Oh great the boxing vs MMA debate again

Weird isn't it? I don't know why people can't accept people liking other things. The argument people make about it is strange, "it isn't as good as boxing", are other sports compared in this way? Two different things that should be treated that way.
    From what I have read you are the only person criticising others for not liking MMA?

And yes other sports are compared if they are similar. But of course they are also different in their own way and comparisons don't necessarily always have to be drawn.

Ah I've missed you digging me out, been a while. Actually if you do read my posts it's criticisms of people calling last night boring. It's fine for people not to like it, just don't watch or comment in a thread about it, lots of threads on here about things I don't enjoy but I won't post in them letting everyone know how much I dislike something they enjoy.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Chunes said:

Weird isn't it? I don't know why people can't accept people liking other things. The argument people make about it is strange, "it isn't as good as boxing", are other sports compared in this way? Two different things that should be treated that way.
    From what I have read you are the only person criticising others for not liking MMA?

And yes other sports are compared if they are similar. But of course they are also different in their own way and comparisons don't necessarily always have to be drawn.

Ah I've missed you digging me out, been a while. Actually if you do read my posts it's criticisms of people calling last night boring. It's fine for people not to like it, just don't watch or comment in a thread about it, lots of threads on here about things I don't enjoy but I won't post in them letting everyone know how much I dislike something they enjoy.
    When have I ever dug you out? To be honest I barely recognise your username.

Yeah I read your posts, AFKA found it boring so shouldn’t watch sport. Him and others are idiots because they don’t like MMA. Yep you are definitely only criticising people who are calling it boring...

I get your point and perhaps myself and others were wrong to start bashing it in its thread. Although in a forum with different opinions, I guess stating you are not a MMA fan is probably best done in the UFC thread no?
  • Options
    Couldn't care less who likes Mma and who doesn't but it's a bit strange to come on here to point it out. Especially when everyone is saying watch other matches and you don't and stick firm to boxing is better.

There's a photo going round of Fury sitting next to Wilder having shouted at each other in the press conference because a top heavyweight title fight doesn't sell itself, but the real hatred in the MMA is bad? Watch MMA weigh ins, other than Conor, the majority shake hands before hand and after. I don't like Conor because of his out of cage boxing stuff, it's not needed because of his talent yet the out of cage stuff is why he's bigger than the promotion and others like Colby are trying to repulicate it. I won't even go in to the multiple "world" champions, political fight dodging and bullshit undercards.

As much as I like boxing, MMA is head and shoulders above it at the moment it in term's of fan enjoyment. It seems some people aren't as open minded and don't want to give it a go if they judge an entire sport by Conor v Khabib and don't want to watch Fergusson v Pettis.

Anyway, Pettis deserves a rematch due to the hand injury, but not as much as Fergusson deserves a shot at the belt. I think Conor's power means he's probably next for Khabib despite getting dominated, his ego won't allow for another fight. :angry:
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Chunes said:

Yeah I read your posts, AFKA found it boring so shouldn’t watch sport. Him and others are idiots because they don’t like MMA. Yep you are definitely only criticising people who are calling it boring...

I get your point and perhaps myself and others were wrong to start bashing it in its thread. Although in a forum with different opinions, I guess stating you are not a MMA fan is probably best done in the UFC thread no?
    Did I ever say people are idiots for not liking it?

Do people think they have an informed opinion of something if they have watched 15 minutes of it? You could easily watch 15 minutes of football and they could well be boring, does it make the whole sport boring?
  • Options
    Lets get back to the fights shall we.

Ferguson vs Pettis was a war. I worry about Ferguson vs Conor if Pettis can drop him, but the guys insane and like a zombie, still can't believe how quickly he recovered from that knee injury. He loves the chaos, and totally broke Pettis in my opinion, he could have fought on but didnt want to. Pettis hasn't got the heart for this when the going gets tough anymore, his hands are made of glass too, they break almost every fight.

Lewis vs Volkov pissed me off, I had a 7 fold accumulator on the fights, all came in bar this one. Volkov beat him up all fight, winning with ease, then 11 seconds left gets KO'd. Fuming :@ Volkov is technically so so much better than Lewis too.

Conor vs Khabib - Conor didn't look his best to me, looked slow and flat-footed, not sure if it was ring rust and he was off or whether he was worried of the takedown which messed him up. Conor would never normally get caught with an overhand like the one that dropped him. I said before the fight you'd know who would win within the first 2 minutes, and I don't think I was wrong. Khabib imposed his game on Conor before Conor could do the same to him.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Chunes said:

Do people think they have an informed opinion of something if they have watched 15 minutes of it? You could easily watch 15 minutes of football and they could well be boring, does it make the whole sport boring?
    You said this - "shoot down the rest of the idiots bad mouthing the sport in here". So you don't know why people can't accept people liking other things, but you're an idiot if MMA is not for you.

Agree with the second point though, perhaps AFKA could have worded it better. Harsh to judge MMA on a couple of fights.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Chunes said:

You said this - "shoot down the rest of the idiots bad mouthing the sport in here". So you don't know why people can't accept people liking other things, but you're an idiot if MMA is not for you.

Agree with the second point though, perhaps AFKA could have worded it better. Harsh to judge MMA on a couple of fights.
    Yes, bad mouthing, different from not liking. Things like "the antics after are why I don't watch MMA", comparisons to WWE etc. Anyone has the right to dislike something if they've given it a fair crack, talking crap about something they do not know about is just silly.

Last thing I'm going to say on this point so feel free to trawl through the rest of my posts in this thread and let me know if anything else I've posted before needs me to explain it better.
  • Options

Ferguson vs Pettis was a war. I worry about Ferguson vs Conor if Pettis can drop him, but the guys insane and like a zombie, still can't believe how quickly he recovered from that knee injury. He loves the chaos, and totally broke Pettis in my opinion, he could have fought on but didnt want to. Pettis hasn't got the heart for this when the going gets tough anymore, his hands are made of glass too, they break almost every fight.

Lewis vs Volkov pissed me off, I had a 7 fold accumulator on the fights, all came in bar this one. Volkov beat him up all fight, winning with ease, then 11 seconds left gets KO'd. Fuming :@ Volkov is technically so so much better than Lewis too.

Conor vs Khabib - Conor didn't look his best to me, looked slow and flat-footed, not sure if it was ring rust and he was off or whether he was worried of the takedown which messed him up. Conor would never normally get caught with an overhand like the one that dropped him. I said before the fight you'd know who would win within the first 2 minutes, and I don't think I was wrong. Khabib imposed his game on Conor before Conor could do the same to him.

It will be very telling where they go from here. If they won't to be a legitimate sporting organisation it's Khabib v Ferguson, they both were able to fight over the weekend so we have hope! If they won't to have no integrity and chase the dollar it's the Conor v Khabib rematch. Conor got dominated and finished. Like Alvarez he doesn't a rematch. To repeat an earlier comment Aldo deserved one but that's neither here nor there.

I like Ferguson, even his mental speeches entertain me. He won't stop Khabib though. Khabib's dream is to fight his hero GSP, will GSP drop to lightweight? Woodley surely deserves a money fight?

Conor got rocked by Diaz in the first fight, hence his kamikaze takedown attempt. I don't think he was rusty. People commented earlier on his conditioning and if you train and spar hard you don't have cage rust, look at GSP. The better man won. He's not on Khabib's level.

Going forward, really looking forward to Diaz v Poirier then after that a dream match of Holloway versus the next generation Gracie fighting machine Ortega. Ortega is something else, really looking forward to seeing how he does against one of the best ever featherweights.

Yet again UFC delivers the fights the fans want, and there's also the Bellator Welterweight Grand Prix with the Page v Daley dream match. Page does him in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Chunes said:

Yes, bad mouthing, different from not liking. Things like "the antics after are why I don't watch MMA", comparisons to WWE etc. Anyone has the right to dislike something if they've given it a fair crack, talking crap about something they do not know about is just silly.

Last thing I'm going to say on this point so feel free to trawl through the rest of my posts in this thread and let me know if anything else I've posted before needs me to explain it better.
    Think we can leave it there, wouldn't want you accusing me of always digging you out from one disagreement...
  • Options

It will be very telling where they go from here. If they won't to be a legitimate sporting organisation it's Khabib v Ferguson, they both were able to fight over the weekend so we have hope! If they won't to have no integrity and chase the dollar it's the Conor v Khabib rematch. Conor got dominated and finished. Like Alvarez he doesn't a rematch. To repeat an earlier comment Aldo deserved one but that's neither here nor there.

I like Ferguson, even his mental speeches entertain me. He won't stop Khabib though. Khabib's dream is to fight his hero GSP, will GSP drop to lightweight? Woodley surely deserves a money fight?

Conor got rocked by Diaz in the first fight, hence his kamikaze takedown attempt. I don't think he was rusty. People commented earlier on his conditioning and if you train and spar hard you don't have cage rust, look at GSP. The better man won. He's not on Khabib's level.

Going forward, really looking forward to Diaz v Poirier then after that a dream match of Holloway versus the next generation Gracie fighting machine Ortega. Ortega is something else, really looking forward to seeing how he does against one of the best ever featherweights.

Yet again UFC delivers the fights the fans want, and there's also the Bellator Welterweight Grand Prix with the Page v Daley dream match. Page does him in my opinion.
    I think the UFC will be mad to make an immediate rematch. They could make far more money from Khabib v Ferguson, McGregor v GSP/Diaz and still getting McGregor to fight for the title again after that. Also is this the opportunity to make the 165 division? Great narrative for them to have a 3 weight champion?

Agree about Holloway Ortega, that's the fight I'm most looking forward to. Regardless of the result I think Max moves up a weight and would be in that LW mix too.

Have they set a date for Page Daley? Surely it'll be over here?
  • Options
    Aldo has asked for a rematch. Conor will dodge him.

They need more weight classes.

No date as far as I'm aware. Has to be here as no one in the states will care for it! Recent Bellator shows in London have been better than UFC London shows, last good main was Bisping v Silva.
  • Options

Ferguson/Khabib is more competitive than Conor/Khabib easily. I can see Khabib beating him, then Conor again, then GSP will come back against Khabib to add to his legacy. That's a fight and a half.

Ortega/Holloway is a great match up, Max is one of my favourites and I've missed seeing him in the cage. The guy is a true warrior. Really hope he beats Ortega just cause I want Max to remain as champ, but it is only a matter of time til he moves to LW.

Think Page will win vs Daley too, just won't be able to touch him. Be interested to see Page vs some proper opposition for once, he hasn't faced anyone anywhere near the level of the guys in this tournament. Him Vs someone like Jon Fitch for eg would be very interesting
  • Options

No date as far as I'm aware. Has to be here as no one in the states will care for it! Recent Bellator shows in London have been better than UFC London shows, last good main was Bisping v Silva.

Hmm not sure I agree as such. In terms of names yes I agree Bellator shows have had the bigger stars but there have been a few UFC London fight nights recently with excellent matchups.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Hmm not sure I agree as such. In terms of names yes I agree Bellator shows have had the bigger stars but there have been a few UFC London fight nights recently with excellent matchups.
    The fights have been good, but they have been fight pass level match ups to the ppv level (title matches) of the Bellator matches.

Pettis has moved up to Welterweight, Till to Middleweight and Porier has pulled out due to injury.

Cormier to defend the Heavyweight title against Derrick Lewis.
  • Options

50 cent has put the million up.... no wonder he's always bankrupt !
  • Options
    Strong words from Khabib today.

Basically said that if the UFC ban his team mate for hitting McGregor then he will quit the UFC. Also said they can keep the money of his that they're withholding pending their investigation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Basically said that if the UFC ban his team mate for hitting McGregor then he will quit the UFC. Also said they can keep the money of his that they're withholding pending their investigation.

Don't think any of it will happen. Won't sack Tukhugov as Conor punched Khabibs brother first. They'll give Khabib most his money. He won't quit anyway as legacy is too important to him.
  • Options

Don't think any of it will happen. Won't sack Tukhugov as Conor punched Khabibs brother first. They'll give Khabib most his money. He won't quit anyway as legacy is too important to him.
    I think Tukhugov gets his fight. He's definitely a bigger name now...

I also reckon Khabib would leave if his team mates were unfairly treated in his opinion. He's an honourable man!
  • Options
    After every McGregor defeat someone paints a mural! :smiley:
  • Options
    And another dream match announced. UFC Continues to deliver the goods.
  • Options
    I think i'd rather fight Brock Lesnar than Cyborg! She legitimately terrifies me!
  • Options
    How's CM Punk doing in UFC?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Awfully, probably the worst fighter the promotion has ever had!
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Awfully, probably the worst fighter the promotion has ever had!
    LOL - Probably regretting falling out with the McMahon's and HHH then, although with WWE there's usually a way back if they can make money out of it.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

He's done, awful. A very Dana move, chasing the money.

As I said before it will be interesting who Khabib faces next, all the proper fans, and seems like all the fighters, want to try again with Ferguson.