Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dillon Phillips joins Cheltenham on loan

Ketts's first prediction comes to pass.

Good move for him and us in my view .Loan to 2nd January.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-cheltenham-transfers-dillon-phillips-2528500.aspx#2ffLhS5ivUGhWP2c.99

Comments

• Good keeper and a good leader, I wouldn't be surprised if Pope left too.
  • With Jack Munns already @ Cheltenham it reminds me of the option you have on Football Manager where you can click on the button asking your player to recommend someone from their previous club
  • Good luck Dillon, often overlooked as one of our more promising players, I agree with Dickplum that he is a good goalkeeper and the move is good for him.
    Mind you it leaves us a bit short on keepers :smiley:
  • seth plum said:

Good luck Dillon, often overlooked as one of our more promising players, I agree with Dickplum that he is a good goalkeeper and the move is good for him.
    Mind you it leaves us a bit short on keepers :smiley:

Give it a rest Seth lol
  • edited July 2015
    Why does Kett (?) Have the information? Who is he?
  • Wow extremely level headed from him and is good to see... Maybe his career can follow the same path as three other Goalkeepers of ours who have played in the Conference and our first team:

Rob Elliot / Darren Randolph (Accrington)
    Nick Pope (Cambridge)
  • Watching him against Wrexham on BT Sport, MoM without a doubt.
  • Clean sheet last Saturday, and first goal set up by Munns. Is Munns playing today?
  • seth plum said:

Clean sheet last Saturday, and first goal set up by Munns. Is Munns playing today?

Yeah bit of a scrappy affair so it didn't really suit him. He's good on set-pieces though.
  • Sponsored links:

• He played really well, Harry Pell plays for Cheltenham and got an assist too
  • seth plum said:

Clean sheet last Saturday, and first goal set up by Munns. Is Munns playing today?

Was only on for last half hour.
  • Thommo said:

seth plum said:

Munns started.
  • Thommo said:

seth plum said:

Munns started.
    You're right, he came off after 60.
  • Good to hear he is playing well there. Hopefully the next good one to make the grade from our conveyor belt.
  • Good keeper from what I saw. Hope he comes back improved and confident and why shouldn't he?
  • From watching the U21's I personally rate him higher than Mitov.

Mitov is only 18, and Philips is 20.

Two year is a life time for young keepers.

There both decent Goalies.

Mitov is the better goal scorer thou !

sam is right, Mitov the better finisher and World record holder.
    We have discussed Henderson, Pope, possible loans in, Mitov, the Nigerian wonderkid, the Australian wonderkid, but I don't recall Phillips ever having a crap game when I've seen him.
    It would be interesting if Dillon slips through the middle of it all and proves to be the best of the lot.

Discussion regarding Phillips.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19752
  • Good to know that the Cheltenham forum includes the usual quota of miserable gits!
  • Sponsored links:

• Loan extended for rest of season

• He was outstanding when I watched him vs Bromley. He seemed to have a bond with their fans too.

Will do him good to stay there for the rest of the season and potentially next one as well if they go up.
  • so at least one Addick is in with a VERY good chance of a winners' medal
  • Does his contract run out this season ? He is by far the best keeper we have bar henderson.
  • markmc68 said:

Does his contract run out this season ? He is by far the best keeper we have bar henderson.

Agree with this. All he needed were proper matches. Always been impressed when I saw the U21's.
  • markmc68 said:

Does his contract run out this season ? He is by far the best keeper we have bar henderson.

I also agree that he is a good player. In all the Pope discussion (Pope being another good player) we also had talk about Mitov, Dmitrovic, Beeney and the two wonderkids people neglected to talk about Phillips, but whenever I saw him live at Sparrows Lane he always impressed me...likes a penalty save too.
    More power to you Dillon, and I am also glad to see Jack Munns making such a success of things too.

• http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Cheltenham-Town-NEWS-Dillon-Phillips-happy-let/story-28518760-detail/story.html

Phillips kept his 12th clean sheet of the season against Boreham Wood on Saturday, an impressive stat that has been beaten by just one other goalkeeper in the top five divisions.

Only Dimi Konstantopoulos of Championship leaders Middlesbrough has earned more clean sheets this season with 16 with Phillips ahead of the next best, Jon McLaughlan at Burton who has 11.
  • He's playing right now on BT Sport 1, made a couple of good saves!

• Dillon Phillips ‏@Dillon_Phillips
    I am gutted to have received the negative results from my scan yesterday, which looks like it will rule me out for the rest of the season, I'll be supporting the boys from the sidelines and have full confidence in them finishing the job
  • what happened to the lad, all the OS says is that he conceded a goal?