Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2015

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I assume what's happening on Center Court right now is important ?

30% full
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hope Muguruza can win, sure it'd mean more to her. Also, she's quite fit.

Think Serena Williams will win in straight sets though.
  • Options
    Muguruza beating Williams at her own game? Up 4-2 in the first set.
  • Options
    I jinxed it. Williams wins four games in a row for the first set.

6-4
  • Options
    Wow Muguruza is some player.
  • Options
    Looked like Serena was serving for a 6-4 6-1 win but Muguruza breaks twice in a row to bring it back to 5-4.
  • Options
    Every time I commented saying how good Muguruza was, I jinxed her.

Williams breaks to love and wins 6-4 6-4.
  • Options
    I think Old Rodge is going to get tanked 3 sets to 1 today, I think he will run out of steam, should be some cracking tennis, Novak is a machine.
  • Options
    Roger in 5 sets
  • Options
    the backhand is a singular word therefore only one hand should be used when performing it. Therefore I am cheering on Federer for playing the game properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Roger in 5 sets

If it goes to 5 sets you've got to fancy the fittest man on the tour (so to speak) The further it goes the better Novak's chances become.

• Options
    Had a small wager on Federer before the first week .. fingers crossed that he breaks the record .. to me, the best player ever to watch, so smooth and calm and quick .. the Nijinski/Nuryev/George Best of tennis players
  • Options
    looking bad for Federer .. he's being overpowered
  • Options
    I think Federer had to win that set. A break up and had set points.
  • Options
    Fed's gone from this I'm afraid.

Djok to win in straight sets now
  • Options
    Nothing like his performance against Murray. Hard to see past Djokovic now.
  • Options
    This is incredible tennis
  • Options
    the come back kid !! .. brilliant
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Great set , 1 set all, life in the ole dog yet.
  • Options
    What a match, really enjoying this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Roger!

The artist vs the scientist. So much to admire in Novak but some how I just can't warm to him, whereas Rog makes winning tennis look beautiful as well. Hard to imagine that even Murray would have better backing from the crowd, let's hope that can help put that little bit of extra spring in his step. Deserves to be the undisputed all time Wimbledon champ with 8 titles in recognition of how much more competition he faced compared to Sampras.
  • Options
    This is getting away from roger you sense. Looks like only one winner right now.
  • Options
    A slightly disappointing match, as Novak won more easily than I thought.
  • Options
    who will be there to challenge Djokovic for the next few years .. Murray ? .. Federer ? .. Nadal ? . no no and no
  • Options
    I wouldnt write Murray off yet. He is less consistent than RF and Novak, but has the capacity to beat both. Sadly Wawrinkas rise has come too late for him to challenge for more than another coue of years. Wl be interested to see how Baird (?) turns out - still only 20. Sock probably wont establish himself. Raonic isnt reaching potential. I hope to hell the 6'10" serve and volley merchants dont come to dominate again...One thing you can say for our current top 4 - they produce the most exciting long rallies and the mens game has been better than ever for the last 15 years.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    There is a nineteen year old South Korean called Hyeon Chung who has recently broken into the top hundred from four hundred odd in the world.

He lost in five sets in the first round at Wimbledon this time around but has a good all round game and could be a name to watch for the future.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2015-06-11/rising_star_hyeon_chung_putting_south_korean_tennis_on_the_map.html

and

http://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/10-things-to-know-about-hyeon-chung