Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kola Karim interested in buying Charlton? (maybe?)

Comments

• Options

dizzee said:

I like Roland. He is building a sustainable football club which can be successful in the long run. Do we really want somebody to pump money in and then ditch his toy when he's bored..

Like Roland and Standard you mean?

Harsh. Doesn't sound like was 'bored'. Sounds like he thought he was doing what was best for the club but the fans have given him loads of shit. Don't blame him to saying bollocks to it.
    I wasn't being totally serious but he gets shit from our fans. If he can sell SL then he might do the same with us. No more reason to say Kola will get bored that Roland or any other owner.

• Options

dizzee said:

I like Roland. He is building a sustainable football club which can be successful in the long run. Do we really want somebody to pump money in and then ditch his toy when he's bored..

Harsh. Doesn't sound like was 'bored'. Sounds like he thought he was doing what was best for the club but the fans have given him loads of shit. Don't blame him to saying bollocks to it.
    I wasn't being totally serious but he gets shit from our fans. If he can sell SL then he might do the same with us. No more reason to say Kola will get bored that Roland or any other owner.

Of course, although i don't think we are capable of street rioting and attempts to attack the directors offices like SL fans.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Of course, although i don't think we are capable of street rioting and attempts to attack the directors offices like SL fans.

Don't disrespect A block like that!
  • Options
    this fella sounds like he has a personality
    no thanks
    it's just not the Charlton way
  • Options
    kola karim is only interested in the publicity .
    the one Nigerian who would buy a football club in the championship would be Aliko Dangate.
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

kola karim is only interested in the publicity .
    the one Nigerian who would buy a football club in the championship would be Aliko Dangate.

Thought you'd be down the new Sainsbury . . . :-)
  • Options
    nah Sainsbury aint got any money :-)
  • Options
    Shows how desperate we are. There are a lot of posts for a throw away comment that doesn't even mention us!
  • Options

I met him in a club down in old Soho
    Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca Cola
    See-oh-el-aye cola
    He walked up to me and said I've bought CAFC
    I asked him his name and in a dark brown voice he said Kola
    Kay-oh-el-aye Kola la-la-la-la Kola

i ll be your agent ! lol

• Options
    is he asking for anyones bank account details, so that he can transfer millions from nigeria.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

is he asking for anyones bank account details, so that he can transfer millions from nigeria.

Not you as well. I thought I was the only one getting this great opportunity!

Saw a great sight a few years back where people respond to those requests and con the con men. It was hilarious how they convinced them they were dealers in African art and got them to have carved copies of a laurel and hardy and a tacky looking puppy ornament carved and shipped to them to see the standard of their work. Then drilled holes in it and complained a squirrel being in the box etc… Was quite funny how long they kept them believing it! Has anybody else seen it – has a link?
  • Options

dizzee said:

Precisely thought he was doing what was best. Obviously wasn't.
  • Options
    @muttley

Www.419eater.com

Brilliant website,hours of fun
  • Options
    Well Charlton already have good connections in South Africa...though it is a long way from Nigeria.
  • Options
    Roland Kola out

• Options

dizzee said:

Doing what was best = selling players for about 26 million euros over an 18 month period and replacing them with players costing 6 million euros. Don't blame the fans for saying bollocks to it.
  • Options
    Booked in for Bromley Addicks on 21 September at Beckenham Cricket Club. Members Only.
  • Options
    Can someone just tell me if this is complete bollards or is there genuine interest ?
  • Options

Booked in for Bromley Addicks on 21 September at Beckenham Cricket Club. Members Only.

I can't believe you fell for that. Has he got your sort code & a/c number ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I met him in a club down in old Soho
    Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca Cola
    See-oh-el-aye cola
    He walked up to me and said I've bought CAFC
    I asked him his name and in a dark brown voice he said Kola
    Kay-oh-el-aye Kola la-la-la-la Kola

Phew thank goodness you nailed it , I was thinking more like Waterloo sunset, which wouldn't have been so great.
  • Options
    Red Kola
  • Options
    Fresh fruit the Valley...

• Options
    Having lived in Nigeria, i find it's shocking what's going on in the country too.
    And really don't understand how all of West Africa don't join together and fight the Islamist militant group. You have to live in that country to understand the different tribes and the terrible religious situation going on in the north of the country.(it looks crystal clear to us)
    Yes your right, that is distasteful, and i won't appeal against the straight Red.
  • Options
    Let's just hope that Kola Karim's advisors / PR team don't bother looking at this thread....
  • Options
    And why is it under "other football and sports"?!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Rumours is where it belongs.
    Only when it passes due diligence should the quantum leap take place.
    More chance of us signing Delort.