Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kola Karim interested in buying Charlton? (maybe?)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    cafctom said:

Here we go. Give it a week and this thread will be 20 pages long and someone will be crying about us moving to the Peninsula.

I was just thinking I'm surprised that hasn't come up yet.
  • Options
    non-story.

Charlton isn't in London.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I'm going to believe that my football chats with Karim Jr sowed a Charlton seed in the family. The son was actually pretty screwed-on as regards football, knew his stuff. Think he was only 12 or 13 (EDIT: 10 or 11, now I've checked my emails) too. Really nice family, I'll stick up for 'em

time to email him again :wink:
  • Options
    Nigeria sounds a bit like Greece, only it has oil revenue.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nigeria-treasury-virtually-empty-says-212026940.html#VM0JSsX
  • Options
    Not for me assuming there is any truth in this whatsoever. RD and his team are building the club slowly and a seemingly sustainable way and the progress from where we were is fantastic. Better the devil you know.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

This is the fella who was on that BBC2 new London money documentary last year?

Wouldn't be the first Nigerian director at Charlton....

What did happen to his boat? Is it still on its way?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Here we go. Give it a week and this thread will be 20 pages long and someone will be crying about us moving to the Peninsula.

my mate works for an architects, and they have already been instructed to work on designs for the Kola Kube sports stadium in the peninsular area.

FACT !!!
    (maybe)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

F**k that! I'm not moving to the Peninsula!

;-)
  • Options
    I can't wait for the season to start...
  • Options

Rothko said:

The blokes minted, and has access to serious funds.

Can we keep the stereotypes to a minimum?

What about the one where he gets us all excited at the prospect, then pulls out at the last minute. That's stereotypical of all our potential investors.
    No problem with that at all, seeing as it's not racist, sexist, or any other -ist that matters - I don't think anyone here will have a problem with you being potential-investorist.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Fuck me, I've tutored his son! :D

I do hope you are not an English Language tutor @Leuth :wink:
  • Options
    Maths, English and Reasoning, that one was, IIRC...
  • Options
    Rothko said:

The blokes minted, and has access to serious funds.

Can we keep the stereotypes to a minimum?

So you don't have a problem with stereotypical abuse of people who aren't minted?
  • Options

Rothko said:

Just watched the interview. says he's looking at a London non premier League club in an area with a high African population, so us with the big west African community is an obvious, but doesn't mean it couldn't be Brentford or Fulham.

Have you ever been to Fulham?
    It could certainly be Millwall .
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

You're three pages too late!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think a chant that suits the kinks song would go down well ...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    'Roland will get bored of us'

Ain't got the Euro Millions numbers for next Friday as well have you?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I met him in a club down in old Soho
    Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca Cola
    See-oh-el-aye cola
    He walked up to me and said I've bought CAFC
    I asked him his name and in a dark brown voice he said Kola
    Kay-oh-el-aye Kola la-la-la-la Kola
  • Options

dizzee said:

I like Roland. He is building a sustainable football club which can be successful in the long run. Do we really want somebody to pump money in and then ditch his toy when he's bored..

Like Roland and Standard you mean?

Harsh. Doesn't sound like was 'bored'. Sounds like he thought he was doing what was best for the club but the fans have given him loads of shit. Don't blame him to saying bollocks to it.
  • Options
    No but I can tell you last week's numbers, because I'm not predicting the future I'm looking at the present. The guy has no interest in the club other than it's profit/loss accounts.

How many other club's owners have attended so few matches in the same period? How many times have Roland or Katrien talked about promotion aspirations or the premier league? Very few by my recollection, which is bizarre given that the season before they took over we finished about 3 points and 3 places below the play-offs. And that's because it's not really on their agenda.
  • Options

No but I can tell you last week's numbers, because I'm not predicting the future I'm looking at the present. The guy has no interest in the club other than it's profit/loss accounts.

How many other club's owners have attended so few matches in the same period? How many times have Roland or Katrien talked about promotion aspirations or the premier league? Very few by my recollection, which is bizarre given that the season before they took over we finished about 3 points and 3 places below the play-offs. And that's because it's not really on their agenda.

Probably because his main focus was in Belgium, think we all knew that. As of today, that could have completely changed. Theres been talk of Premier League, just that they aren't gonna break the bank to get there...which if you want a stable football club, isn't the worst thing in the world to say.
  • Options

I met him in a club down in old Soho
    Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca Cola
    See-oh-el-aye cola
    He walked up to me and said I've bought CAFC
    I asked him his name and in a dark brown voice he said Kola
    Kay-oh-el-aye Kola la-la-la-la Kola

Haven't you got an argument to win?
    I thought I had and anyway I can multi-task