Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• Options
    Not a bad signing at this level I'd say. Going to need some Championship experience in beside him at CB or we will have some bloopers though
  • Options
    foxjam said:

Really looking forward to seeing him play. He's been a key player in a team that finished in the top half of the Portuguese league, which is of a much higher standard than the Belgian league. He's had experience dealing with forwards like Jackson Martinez and Quaresma and he certainly looks like someone who could cope with the physicality of the Championship. A 4 year deal also means the club must be confident that he will be a success. Plus he's German so we have a replacement for Buyens with penalties.

We gave Le Point a 3 year deal in January, didn't we ? :smile:
  • Options

foxjam said:

Really looking forward to seeing him play. He's been a key player in a team that finished in the top half of the Portuguese league, which is of a much higher standard than the Belgian league. He's had experience dealing with forwards like Jackson Martinez and Quaresma and he certainly looks like someone who could cope with the physicality of the Championship. A 4 year deal also means the club must be confident that he will be a success. Plus he's German so we have a replacement for Buyens with penalties.

We gave Le Point a 3 year deal in January, didn't we ? :smile:
    Worth every penny.
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

Scoham said:
    Hmmmm, part Richard Rufus, part Patrick Mc Carthy? ...and where were the supporters in the footage? Friendlies? Still, he does look fit. Looking forward to seeing it all gel, all you can do...
    That's Maritimo's, 3 sided, home ground. Average gate 3500.
  • Options
    Harry Cripps provided a nice little cameo at Charlton, including scoring a screamer in one game. He was old school, and ex Millwall, but I liked him. He has passed on now, but he got a job as a football coach in a posh public school after he retired, Westminster I think it was, and that concept always makes me smile.
  • Options
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Harry Cripps provided a nice little cameo at Charlton, including scoring a screamer in one game. He was old school, and ex Millwall, but I liked him. He has passed on now, but he got a job as a football coach in a posh public school after he retired, Westminster I think it was, and that concept always makes me smile.

• Options
    Someone on twitter saying £1.1m for Bauer
  • Options

I think it's £1.3M all in

But we shouldn't say as it's undisclosed ;-)
  • Options
    If we brought Gnabry (loan) and Bulot (perm) then I'd be more than happy with our starting midfield of having Cousins as holding, the two mentioned on the wings with JBG sitting in that pocket between the Striker and the Midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So they looked on transfermarket for his value? Lol I heard 1.14m on the button.
  • Options
    Let's hope he makes his MARK.
  • Options
    Just a thought... When we signed Jorge Costa he was the Portuguese tank, for the size of Bauer (also signed from Portugal) does make him the German Panzerwagon?
  • Options

Maderia may be an internationally recognised centre of excellence for cheap tall tough defenders but I never like to see a centre-back wearing jeans on the pitch.

Call me old fashioned but it just looks too casual for top flight football and he could get some nasty grass stains on the knees.
  • Options
    needs a bigger Charlton shirt as well , that one looks a tad short to me , although I'm a bit old fashioned it may just be the way the kids wear them these days
  • Options
    I heard that C.S. Marítimo got 90% sell on clause in the contract he signed for us! just in case we sell him for 3.5mill!
  • Options
    Let's not forget that probably the greatest footballer in the world hailed from Madiera, one Christiano Ronaldo.
  • Options

Let's not forget that probably the greatest footballer in the world hailed from Madiera, one Christiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo was born there though... Bauer just happened to sign for them :)
  • Options

Is he German too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe that's why we beat off the other rivals for his signature - looks like there's something wrong with his left foot.
  • Options
    Welcome Patrick!
  • Options
    it dosnt matter how much or little he cost us as long as he does well for us
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the good old fashioned German names like Wolfgang, Uwe or Fritz ...
  • Options
    Technically Austrian, though, that Adolf.
  • Options
    The fact his name is Patrick is a big plus from me.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Maybe that's why we beat off the other rivals for his signature - looks like there's something wrong with his left foot.
    Thank God that's an international, otherwise that would be a club foot!