Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England U21s v Sweden U21s

Comments

• Options

I like looking at threads like this after the event, all the posts knocking England and the deafening silence when they get the goal they deserve... :smiley:

Deserved? The possession stats I saw were 37/63%.
  • Options

I like looking at threads like this after the event, all the posts knocking England and the deafening silence when they get the goal they deserve... :smiley:

Garghhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Possession means feck all... Its the amount of times that the ball goes into the net that counts

Sorry just had to get that off my chest, its the stat that annoys me the most
  • Options

Garghhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Possession means feck all... Its the amount of times that the ball goes into the net that counts

Sorry just had to get that off my chest, its the stat that annoys me the most
    But what meant that we deserved the goal then, usually we would deserve it if we had created loads of chances, or had lots of possession.
  • Options

Correct, 63% ENGLAND possession.
  • Options
    Th England U21 are very good at the sideways pass,
    or the butch Wilkins crab pass as we used to call it.
    If you do 10 passes and your still in your own half,(Bob Peeters where are you now) is that good ? Their must be a balance from hitting 40 yards balls to a double marked striker and passing for fun and still not getting any nearer to shooting at goal.

In the game against Italy, with Ings and Kane on from the start, let's hope they put the ball through to the strikers before they get double marked.
    Italy need to win so i 'm convinced we will have more chances to score.
    Jenkinson is such a good attacking full back. Shame for him he made some defensive mistakes at Arsenal.
  • Options
    It is sometimes about your opponents. Sweden's approach was to let us play in front of them all we liked but to stop us playing through them. A draw was a good result for them. The way around this is playing faster, but it is harder to do this and you have to accept you will lose possession more often, unless you are in the groove. As has been said, a draw for Italy in the next game will mean they are out so there will be a totally different dynamic.
  • Options
    Please can anyone point me in the right direction for the highlights of these games? I'm not paying extra for BT Sport when I'm forking out a king's ransom for Sky... at least not yet. Haven't found it anywhere else - are all of you BT subscribers?
  • Options
    Put it in Google mate and press video tab all there
  • Options
    Nope scrap that just looked
  • Options
    Not there too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England v Italy now on BT Sport.
    Ings missed a 1 on 1 should have scored.
    ANyone know how Italy did v Portugal?
  • Options

England v Italy now on BT Sport.
    Ings missed a 1 on 1 should have scored.
    ANyone know how Italy did v Portugal?

Just found out - it was 0-0 - surprise,surprise when Italy are playing.
  • Options
    Good game so far. England looking good and on top 0 - 0 so far
  • Options

Good game so far. England looking good and on top 0 - 0 so far

1-0 to Italy.
  • Options
    What a finish that is
  • Options
    2-0
  • Options
    2-0

• Options
    Got done twice in 2 mins.
  • Options
    and that's that.
  • Options
    I like Berardi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring back national service

Moral decline on the nation

Too much money not enough hours down pit

Jumpers for goalposts
  • Options
    Over to Wheeler Dealers it is then.
  • Options
    Is that the best defence we have ?
  • Options
    It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but surely we must have better coaches and managers for our younger players than Gareth Southgate. He was a shit pundit let alone putting him in charge of the nation's youth.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Is that the best defence we have ?

Stones hasn't been playing in the tournament so far and it's showing. He's a quality player though.

It's the midfield that annoys me. He's got Loftus Cheek and Ward Prowse on the bench and he's playing Caskey...Who is no better than Jordan Cousins.

Still, Southgate deserves the role. The 29% win record at Boro speaks for itself.
  • Options
    Get Paul Hart in there I reckon.
  • Options
    Harry Kane looking most likely to score for England but Ings looks way out of form, as does Redmond. Need a major kick up the arse from Southgate (though I doubt he is capable of that) and then go out and take the game by the scruff of the neck second half. Nothing to lose by really going for it now.
  • Options
    Avory all day long
  • Options
    Taxi for Southgate. Replacement? He's been gone too long.
  • Options
    Some of you lot, have the nerve to slag off the England ladies team ?