Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is anyone concerned

I got slaughtered when I posted about my concern of our lack of signings recently! Now all we are reading about is Gomez going out the door followed by Cousins or so it seems. Who's next Guddmunson & Henderson who both were quoted as saying that wanted to see what ambition the club as this year before they decide whether to hang around ! I think they have there answer! Will we ever see Prem
Football again! I suspect not

Comments

• You know I heard a rumour from an account on twitter that aliens are planning an attack. RD should get his act together.
  • edited June 2015
    Gutted Gomez is going but not concerned as we are getting a nice fee so it seems and like many have mentioned when we sold Bowyer we really did build on the squad. Concerning difference is however that I am not convinced the money we receive from Gomez will all go back into our club directly due to our ownership situation. Even so if we get 6m or more I wont be too concerned.

There will be major concern, shock, anger and disappointment if we do sell Cousins but that doesn't seem as likely as you seem to think, not to me yet anyway.

As for JBG, well only time will tell, it is not even july yet and if he wants to see our ambition before signing we still have plenty of time to demonstrate it and perhaps the signing of Gomez could kick start that ambition.

For now, I would say relax, but I definitely will be joining the concerned camp if it gets to this time next month and all three have gone accompanied by a few micky mouse signings coming in.
  • Has anybody signed anybody yet?
  • Transfer window isn't even bloody open yet.
  • Might be hard to lose Guddmunson since we don't have a player with that last name
  • Im only going to start panicking if we haven't signed anyone by the time the fixtures are announced
  • cfgs said:

A revolving door of players means we will find it hard to connect to those in the club's colours and for me that is sad.

Totally agree and if it meant we were heading places it'd take the edge off the sadness but this just feels like the worlds most boring football experiment
  • cfgs said:

A revolving door of players means we will find it hard to connect to those in the club's colours and for me that is sad.

Totally agree and if it meant we were heading places it'd take the edge off the sadness but this just feels like the worlds most boring football experiment
    Experiment being the operative word Mr Oohaah.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    Please select the most appropriate Dads Army quote....

"Don't Panic, Don't Panic!" or
    "Were doomed" or
    "Tezza53, Stupid Boy!".
  • Turn it in Tez. It's mid June for goodness sake.
  • cfgs said:

Think you are overreacting, but if we do sell Gomez and Cousins, then JBG will likely want away/not sign an extension. I understand RD wants to make money and the way of the world is that clubs our size always sell. But call me an idiot or a dinosaur but I like a side that I can feel some affinity to, a relationship that is built over time. IF all the rumours are true in two years only will remain from those that were here when RD arrived. A revolving door of players means we will find it hard to connect to those in the club's colours and for me that is sad.

Rant over.

Idiot

; )
  • No Tezza, I'm not concerned. Every year there's a big turnaround in playing staff. Just have a look at the number of opening day debutants we've had in the last few seasons:

2010 Five
    2011 Seven
    2012 Three
    2013 Two
    2014 Eight

You don't get that many new players in without letting a similar number go, and of course it's the better players that leave because they are the ones that are more saleable, more likely to be recalled from the home clubs and more likely to have career aspirations beyond the Championship. I think it's just a fact of life that we will lose some of our best players this season and probably every season.

That said, I'll be concerned in a months time if we've lost the three players you've mentioned without making decent like for like replacements. But at the moment that's just conjecture.
  • AlexC said:

Transfer window isn't even bloody open yet.

tell that to Ings, Bogdan, Milner etc etc

• Charlton got to be the most optimistic fans in the world
  • tezza53 said:

I got slaughtered when I posted about my concern of our lack of signings recently! Now all we are reading about is Gomez going out the door followed by Cousins or so it seems. Who's next Guddmunson & Henderson who both were quoted as saying that wanted to see what ambition the club as this year before they decide whether to hang around ! I think they have there answer! Will we ever see Prem
    Football again! I suspect not

Mate have you got some ovaries? cos that's an ovaryaction :lol:

• Chunes said:

Has anybody signed anybody yet?

Yes, QPR, Derby, to name but 2 who have been busy in the last couple of weeks signing players
  • Sponsored links:

• tezza53 said:

Charlton got to be the most optimistic fans in the world

We finished last season well and we're currently joint top - what's not to like?

(I know - it's the hope that kills).
  • tezza53 said:

Some of u c...s get personal with name. calling I will have to stop posting on this site or I might have to seek some of you out & iron you out GOODBYE

Spanner
  • Nice and relaxed here.
  • tezza53 said:

Some of u c...s get personal with name. calling I will have to stop posting on this site or I might have to seek some of you out & iron you out GOODBYE

You feeling tired Tezzy Wezzy? This is what happens when you get no sleep worrying about the transfer situation.
  • tezza53 said:

Wow, you are so scary
  • tezza53 said:

Your last thread was filled unnecessary swearing, calling your fellow Charlton fans wankers. This sort of thing doesn't actually bother me personally, I think some people come on here initially and think it might be the sort of forum where you can engage using that sort of approach. What you'll quickly identify is that it is completely unnecessary to be like that. A lot of people come on here on a regular basis and it is more of a community, but a very welcoming community at that.

This thread you started was fine. A lot more respectful and you put your view point across. I can't see the point of then going back to saying you are going to iron people out. Your views are as welcome as anyone else's, there's just no need for the aggression and name calling.

• cabbles said:

tezza53 said:

Your last thread was filled unnecessary swearing, calling your fellow Charlton fans wankers. This sort of thing doesn't actually bother me personally, I think some people come on here initially and think it might be the sort of forum where you can engage using that sort of approach. What you'll quickly identify is that it is completely unnecessary to be like that. A lot of people come on here on a regular basis and it is more of a community, but a very welcoming community at that.

This thread you started was fine. A lot more respectful and you put your view point across. I can't see the point of then going back to saying you are going to iron people out. Your views are as welcome as anyone else's, there's just no need for the aggression and name calling.

WUM or Spanner.
  • Actually I think we should be concerned. We've just let goal-machine Lepoint go with no superstar to replace him. Unless we are lining up a bid for Suarez or Bale then I think we're Conference bound.

Roly out.