Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Head Count at Sint-Truiden

Just out of interest how many coming over for friendly with STVV and what hotel will you be staying in.Done this last year with the other-half and was one of the highlights of the season.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Cracking weekend last year - particularly with the Belgium v Argentina World Cup quarters on in the square.

Will be there again, but probably not staying at the same Hotel, which was right on the edge of an incredibly large red light district, for a town the size of ST.

At the moment, there's six/seven of us. Will keep you in the loop LC.
  • Will be in attendance with 3 others. Not made hotel arrangements as of yet.
  • 3 NW addicks in attendance, but staying in Leuven, a lovely old university town, 30 min train journey to Sint-Truiden
  • Yep.

Country number six watching us play in.
  • Yep.

What are the others ? I think I've only managed England, Scotland and Wales.

Really wish I could do this but I've already got plans.
  • se9addick said:

Yep.

Sweden for Boras AIK, Italy for Ancona, Denmark for Lygnby, Holland for Roda and Spain for Valencia.
  • se9addick said:

Yep.

Sweden for Boras AIK, Italy for Ancona, Denmark for Lygnby, Holland for Roda and Spain for Valencia.
    Good work - adding England & Wales, Belgium will be number eight for you !
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yep.

Good work - adding England & Wales, Belgium will be number eight for you !
    Cheers, but I reckon a lot of people have done more countries than me.............comfortably.
  • Could be 2 or 3 of us but nothing planned yet, hopefully know more tomorrow and would be good to maybe meet up with others going.

Considering taking in both games, travelling to Genk on the Wednesday then somewhere else for the Thursday and Friday before spending the Saturday in St. Truident before returning home on the Sunday.

Also waiting to see if any package deals are released by the club.
  • Booked Eurotunnel. Not sure whether to stay in Brussels and get train to game or stay in St T. Is St T a good place to stay?
  • Sponsored links:

• Myself and 3 others staying at the Hotel Stayen which is part of the ground as per Sheffield Utd
  • 4 of us staying in the stayen hotel. Probably do the genk game aswell
  • Two of us doing the trip again this year. euro star out of ebbsfleet on the 15th and train to Genk staying two nights there, then train back down to St Truiden for two nights in the Stayen.
  • Haven't made any bookings yet but will be going to the game and thinking of driving
  • Two from here flights booked just need sort out hotel last year lodged in ST this year may book hotel someplace between Genk and ST car booked from Brussels cant wait
  • Wife, son and me going
  • There's 2 of us. Probably getting Eurostar to Brussels. Going for the ST game. Not the Genk one.
  • Hope to be there for the ST game.
  • SX_Addick said:

Booked Eurotunnel. Not sure whether to stay in Brussels and get train to game or stay in St T. Is St T a good place to stay?

Hotels in Sint-Truiden okay ,the centre is not so big but good hotels,bars and places to eat.From main centre square
    you can walk to ground in 15mins or station to centre 5mins walk or to ground 10min walk.Everyone that went last season had only good reports about the weekend spent in Sint-Truiden.

So head count at the moment 34.
  • edited June 2015
    Addickted, SG3toSE7, me and a few others went here last time and it was excellent. http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brouwerij-alcoholstokerij-wilderen

Not far from the ground (cab ride) great beer, food and atmosphere.

The plan is to go there on the Friday night and then the Grote Markt on Saturday night with a little bit of WW1-ing on the way back courtesy of the official club historian.

See you there. Might have to bring a flag along
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know the kick off time yet as planning to visit a few World War places around the game and madly trying to do it all in a day and night because of time restrictions
  • Addickted said:

Cracking weekend last year - particularly with the Belgium v Argentina World Cup quarters on in the square.

Will be there again, but probably not staying at the same Hotel, which was right on the edge of an incredibly large red light district, for a town the size of ST.

hotel name please?
  • Addickted said:

hotel name please?
    Belrom.

• Might see if I can do this with my two sons.

Sorry to be a pain - what's the best way to get there - Eurostar - flight? Rooms available at the Hotel Stayen (looks like it's part of the stadium) - anybody know if it's any good?
  • Addickted said:

Addickted said:

hotel name please?
    Belrom.

That's the bloody one I'm in!
  • bobmunro said:

Might see if I can do this with my two sons.

Sorry to be a pain - what's the best way to get there - Eurostar - flight? Rooms available at the Hotel Stayen (looks like it's part of the stadium) - anybody know if it's any good?

Depending on where you live, Eurostar would be the easiest. If you go by Eurostar it allows you to travel to/from any station in Belgium as well(for free).
  • bobmunro said:

The Stayen gets pretty good reviews on tripadviser and isn't very expensive, I'm going with my sons but as we all live near Dover we will get a ferry and drive the other side, about 2.15 hrs .

• My worry is booking everything whilst the official website still says TBC after the St Trudin game
  • bobmunro said:

It is part of the stadium,hotel only year old looked okay to me last year,but would not expect room with pitch side view.
    Price is very good.More hotels on booking .com
    This friendly match against STVV is the last match for them before the season kicks off with home game against CLUB BRUGGE on the following Friday.So expect strong side to turn out.
  • Look at STVV Sint Truiden website kick off time unknown but will advise later.Last years game was 6pm.